Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuanCarlito
    • Aug 2014

So its been a month since I posted last and all is well. I made a few minor changes like bending the seat pan so it had less curve and adding more padding lol. I did remove the rear suspension after all. I also tried the foot clutch briefly then removed it as I didn't like how it rode with the way I set it up. So for now the whiskey filled skull shifter I had has become a brake light ornament. I also added a little K&N filter to the crank case breather and then some paint to the fork lowers, mirrors and a few of the chrome bits. Its a combination of flat black and a "hammered brass" spray paint on top of a couple coats of primer. I actually like the look enough I am thinking of ditching the rusted tins and painting them to match now. The bike all ready has the 30 year old gold rims so the hammered brass paint works well in my opinion. If I do it I will accent things in brass/copper/golds etc like the foot pegs etc.
    And apparently my phone/computer is acting up and it won't let me load the photos . . . so ummmm ... yea. Heres a post with no pics for now If you really wanted t see it go to Instagram and look for 'Bearded_Bobber" and you'll find it.
    Ciao For Now.

Comment

• JuanCarlito
      • Aug 2014

Been a minute

So winter is coming to a close here. Weather is warming up and bike season is about to begin, so I figured I'd start posting again. I have a few plans to change the bike this year including paint, moving the forward controls about 3 inches forward, new exhaust or modding the current set up, possibly new lights, a set of risers and/or new bars, a different seat and running a Gen1 KJS single carb manifold.
      And thats the first new post, anyone ever use one of the gen1 pjs manifolds? Any install tips etc? I figure the bike ran well enough with my makeshift single carb set up that this one should be an improvement no matter what lol.
      Regardless this year I will be trying to add more content on here including posts from my rides etc as I plan on doing a lot more riding this year.
      Anyway, I'll keep you all updated as I go and look forward to reconnecting with some of you.
      Last edited by JuanCarlito; 03-22-2017, 4:12 PM.

Comment

• JuanCarlito
        • Aug 2014

The weekend project update

So I managed to get out to the shop a few times this weekend and got the Gen1 KJS manifold installed. Also took the baffles out of the exhaust. To keep things simple I just recorded some stuff and made a couple quick YouTube videos. So heres the links for those

First Start up of the year vs first start up with KJS manifold

Stock pipes at idle and rev VS Straight pipes at idle and rev

Comment

• JuanCarlito
          • Aug 2014

Well . . . It looks like this will be one of my last posts if not the last one on this thread. I am driving my bike about 5 hours away this Sunday and selling it off. Same place I am going to be buying a 2003 Roadstar 1600 (Anniversary edition) so I will probably start a new thread for that build. I'll post a couple shots of the bike as is now so you can see what I ended with. I did put the stock suspension on for the sale but up until last week had the hard tail struts installed still. Riding the bike with full suspension feels so different lol!
          Anyway, until the next thread starts . . *ride safe everyone!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;