CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

The President’s Taxes
    Long-Concealed Records Show Trump’s Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

"The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due..."

"Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million..."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

Get Adobe Flash player

Mere pennies compared to Hunter Biden's take from Russia and China while his pop was VP. But that's getting swept under the rug by the media. Trumps no goodie two shoes, he wears that on his sleeve, but Biden is about as sleazy as the come.

Dragstews- Love the the debate skit....'Squirrel' & 'Gina' ....classic!

VonZipper

Remind me..... What office is Hunter Bidden running for again?

Get Adobe Flash player

In fairness.. How much should a guy who gives away his entire 400K salary to charity every year be expected to pay in taxes?

$750 is probably over charging him.

Get Adobe Flash player

The VP's son was paid by foreign entities tied to government policy offices that his father (VP Biden) was negotiating with. That's some crooked shit that potentially effects all of us. I am not legitimizing Trumps actions nor his families but simply leveling the playing field since the national media can't seem to get it right.

And while on the topic...Fuck Trumps tax returns....I'm pissed that, if the NY Times is correct, there is a high level leak in the IRS and the leak favors a particular party/candidate. And if the leaks exists, how secure are is the information on your returns? That should trouble the American people!

Add to it, Trumps tax returns? His corporations own everything, his take home salary is probably close to 0. I'm a small business and my account keeps my salary to a minimum so I'd imagine for the wealthy it's the same.

I love how the media reports on the pile of shit on the carpet and ignores the elephant.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elephant-in-the-room.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	106539

VonZipper

I wouldn't care if the whole world saw my taxes. It would show that I worked all my life and payed my taxes.

As for Biden, I'm not defending him. I feel he is a weak candidate. Meanders and forgets what he's saying. So he tells you about his son, Beau, instead.

Trump however is, was, and will always be a Con Man.

I'm 58. Not half the man I was 20 years ago. Cant's see that either of these men 15 to 20 years older than I am still have the mental capacity to balance a check book, much less an entire country.

We have to shoot higher when looking for leaders.

VonZipper

PS: I subtract IQ points when some ones says, "The Media". It's not like FOX, OAN or any other alternative source is not media.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't wanna start a fight, but I am curious about the "Con Man" charge. I keep hearing how i have been "conned" Presumably because I'm stupid and don't know any better. Or, perhaps "ignorant" is a better word to use?

Anyway.. I've allegedly been "conned" I am willing to accept that it is possible to con me. But I don't see how this has happened to date?

I got national security, low taxes, my 2A defended, peace abroad and the government's head out of my ass here at home.

I got everything I wanted and I think I've done pretty well. I just don't see how I have been "conned" by this "con man" exactly?

I think he has done a very good job. Particularly for a complete noob who was never even elected to city council.

If you think Trump didn't pay enough in taxes ask yourself who had more to do with the tax codes; Biden or Trump? Congress writes and passes into law the tax codes. It kills me when politicians like Lizzie Warren and Bernie Sanders act like the rich write the tax laws and not Congress. Sure the rich and corporations lobby to get the best tax deals. But when the Demos had complete control of the system 2009-2011 they did nothing to change anything except produce a horrible health care bill. They could have overhauled the tax code and didn't. They could have done anything they wanted as far as immigration goes and didn't. Why not? Because you can't use those issues to vilify the rich or call all Republicans racists if you enact the laws you claim you want. Now the Demos are whining about Trump making a Supreme court appointment so close to an election. If only they would read the constitution they would see there is absolutely nothing there to make this illegal or illegitimate. So what if the Senate wouldn't vote on Obama's pick? Obama was an arrogant POS who did nothing to work with the other side when the Demos had total control for two years. By the way I can't stand Trump as a person but as a president he has tried to do the things he promised during his campaign. I really like the fact it has gotten tough on NATO, those fucking Germans are the entire reason we need to have NATO in the first place and they refuse to pay their share. (Full disclosure here I am a German American). If Biden is elected he will probably offer to foot the entire bill for NATO to make up for Trump hurting their Euro trash feelings. I like that he has tried to get the Chinese to play fair on trade.

Hank

VonZipper

For What It’s Worth,

Buffalo Springfield

There's somethin' happenin' here
    But what it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    A-tellin' me I got to beware
    I think it's time we stop
    Children, what's that sound?
    Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
    And nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speakin' their minds
    A-gettin' so much resistance from behind
    I think it's time we stop
    Hey, what's that sound?

What a field day for the heat (ooh-ooh-ooh)
    A thousand people in the street (ooh-ooh-ooh)
    Singin' songs and a-carryin' signs (ooh-ooh-ooh)
    Mostly say "Hooray for our side" (ooh-ooh-ooh)
    It's time we stop
    Hey, what's that sound?

Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your life it will creep
    It starts…

Get Adobe Flash player

I assume, I'm one of the "media" ones. The noun infers all news/opinion outlets, and Fox gets it wrong as often as CNN and all the others.

I seem to remember a Journalism Prof. frequently saying "check your sources" ..... this current generation should take heed.

Again the troubling issue is not who see's the returns or if they are seen, it is the IRS leak of audit returns that says there is a breach in their security. Identity theft will effect more citizens then how Trump filed his returns.

VonZipper

"So what if the Senate wouldn't vote on Obama's pick?"

So what if they don't vote on Trumps pick? It's what the Constitution requires.

Get Adobe Flash player

In Constitutional terms, the role of the Senate is to "advise" and "consent"

They can refuse to consent to any nominee they wish and for any reason.

VonZipper

"They can refuse to consent to any nominee they wish and for any reason."

Which is done by an up or down vote.

Get Adobe Flash player

Proceedings are governed by the rules of the Senate.. This is established by the Constitution as well.

VonZipper

Ah geez, If a Democrat did this you'd shit your pants.

Get Adobe Flash player

No, actually.. I'd expect it.

The fact is that the US Senate is not required to vote on any nominee.. Let alone a nominee for SC justice. Let alone Merrick Garland, specifically.

At the time of the Garland nomination, the vast majority of the SC nominees who weren't confirmed never received a vote at all.

This is a well known historical precedent and it stands to reason that the party which controls the Senate would prefer to confirm nominees from their own party than from the opposite party.

Which is kind of what you would expect.

Get Adobe Flash player

Do you hear yourself?Republicans set the precedent and you applaud.Dems follow it and you vilify. Trump doesn't pay his taxes and you blame the Dems who paid what was asked of them. Further proof the Republican party is a Trump cult.

Quote Originally Posted by 49WR View Post
    If you think Trump didn't pay enough in taxes ask yourself who had more to do with the tax codes; Biden or Trump? Congress writes and passes into law the tax codes. It kills me when politicians like Lizzie Warren and Bernie Sanders act like the rich write the tax laws and not Congress. Sure the rich and corporations lobby to get the best tax deals. But when the Demos had complete control of the system 2009-2011 they did nothing to change anything except produce a horrible health care bill. They could have overhauled the tax code and didn't. They could have done anything they wanted as far as immigration goes and didn't. Why not? Because you can't use those issues to vilify the rich or call all Republicans racists if you enact the laws you claim you want. Now the Demos are whining about Trump making a Supreme court appointment so close to an election. If only they would read the constitution they would see there is absolutely nothing there to make this illegal or illegitimate. So what if the Senate wouldn't vote on Obama's pick? Obama was an arrogant POS who did nothing to work with the other side when the Demos had total control for two years. By the way I can't stand Trump as a person but as a president he has tried to do the things he promised during his campaign. I really like the fact it has gotten tough on NATO, those fucking Germans are the entire reason we need to have NATO in the first place and they refuse to pay their share. (Full disclosure here I am a German American). If Biden is elected he will probably offer to foot the entire bill for NATO to make up for Trump hurting their Euro trash feelings. I like that he has tried to get the Chinese to play fair on trade.

Hank

Get Adobe Flash player

Trump doesn't pay his taxes and you blame the Dems who paid what was asked of them. Further proof the Republican party is a Trump cult.
    As a point of fact, Biden uses shell corporations to avoid being taxed on tens of millions of dollars. John Kerry even docked a yacht in a neighboring state to avoid taxes.

It becomes an issue of what is legal and what is not, because wealthy people of all political persuasions don't like paying taxes.

Share This