CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #8641
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    It seems improbable for the DNC to put up any of the existing candidates with the expectation to win anything but a total ass kicking. I see 2 possible scenarios:

    1. A surprise candidate and a brokered convention
    This is what I am sort of expecting.

  2. #8642
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Ha ha someone has taken the bait of “Trump is responsible for the virus” so sad. The fake news media has convinced a lot of people to be afraid of the flu and hold Trump responsible.
    Sure make you wonder about the rumors of the CIA being forced to plant a weaponized virus in China. Sounds just dumb enough for the current administration.
    Dusty

  3. #8643
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    And there it is !
    From that bastion of accurate balanced reporting ...
    The New York Times !
    I think the Weekly World News's reporting is a step behind the NYT.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6548.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	100750

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6549.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	100751
    Last edited by 47str8leg; 03-07-2020 at 7:08 PM.

  4. #8644
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Trump's lawyers sent out a cease and desist letter on this ad that only contains sound bites of him. Wonder if it is "patently false, misleading, and deceptive advertisement" because he doesn't like it or because it is what he said?
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1242193904553865216
    Dusty

  5. #8645
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    ...
    Looks like that horrible human has lead the states to be #1 again!

    "The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. rose to 83,836 on Thursday — more than any other country, overtaking both Italy and China — while the death toll passed the 1,000 mark, according to a running tally by Johns Hopkins University.

    The university said Thursday at least 1,209 people in the U.S. have died from the disease caused by the coronavirus..."

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-cor...sday-1.5510581


    EDIT: and one week later (April 5, noon EST):

    "The number of people infected in the U.S. has soared to more than 312,000 as the fatalities climbed past 8,500. New York City, with close to 60,000 confirmed cases so far, is the epicentre of the U.S. outbreak, but other areas have been slammed as well. More than 400 people have died in Louisiana, where state authorities have been rushing to find ventilators. Michigan has more than 14,000 infections and 500 deaths, mainly in Detroit."

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/coronavirus-covid-19-1.5522437
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 04-05-2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason: added April 5 update, one week later

  6. #8646
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    ...
    Looks like that horrible human has lead the states to be #1 again!

    "The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. rose to 83,836 on Thursday — more than any other country, overtaking both Italy and China — while the death toll passed the 1,000 mark, according to a running tally by Johns Hopkins University.

    The university said Thursday at least 1,209 people in the U.S. have died from the disease caused by the coronavirus..."

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-cor...sday-1.5510581
    Yes when are the idiot dumbocRATS going to impeach Trump for unleashing a worldwide pandemic?

    This never would've happened if we had elected cunt face

  7. #8647
    btalley63
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Yes when are the idiot dumbocRATS going to impeach Trump for unleashing a worldwide pandemic?

    This never would've happened if we had elected cunt face
    “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,”

    If trumpanzees want to give turdolini credit for everything, I’m damn sure going to blame him for everything.

  8. #8648
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Yes when are the idiot dumbocRATS going to impeach Trump for unleashing a worldwide pandemic?

    This never would've happened if we had elected cunt face
    Hilary would have handled it like she did Benghazi....too little, too late...too bad, move let's move on.

    Like him or not, it's a good thing we've got someone from the business world and not a career politician in the White House at the moment. At least Trump will spin up the economy again as opposed to spinning up the blame......which is job security for Nadler, Schiff and Pelosi.....let impeach attempt 2.0 begin, cuz it's there only chance for 2020
    Last edited by Fetch; 03-27-2020 at 5:51 PM.

  9. #8649
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,193

    Default

    Lack of readiness was a national fuckup. POTUS are very short term officials but simpletons imagine them gods. Fascination with Presidents is the mark of those too lazy to study history. Trump is cunning (different than highly intelligent) but we don't elect people who are competent organizers, Dwight Eisenhower (see his military record for those too young or lazy to know it) being the last one.

    The US had decades to build sufficient medical surge capacity but generally refused. That means we don't have the capacity (anyone ever wait for hours in an ER?) to handle moderate surges without breaking the system. If this were a biowarfare attack we'd have already lost.

    BTW the only reasonably accurate media are basically professional journals and ya gotta crosscheck those. Political media (ALL mass media be they libtard or Foxtard) are for the gullible who want a black-and-white world.

    Too bad COVID doesn't kill everyone who trusts politicians. That would bowl a strike for the human race.

  10. #8650
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    852

    Default

    How do you properly prepare for an unknown event?

    How do you know a biologic attack is going to effect respiratory system and not digestive or tissue?

    Remember the bomb shelters from the 50's & 60's? Not a thought about Ventilators back then.

    What impresses me the most is our manufacturing is able to switch from cars to ventilators, from pillow cases to N95 masks in a matter of weeks.

  11. #8651
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,051

    Default

    Has anyone else noticed the previous post from this thread in the last two months that have been deleted????? It make you wonder what they are ashamed of???????????

  12. #8652
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,193

    Default

    How do you properly prepare for an unknown event?

    SARS and pandemics in general are very far from unknown.
    Too bad our government neglected its duty because our politicians are hacks, but that's what our public elect so that's what they deserve no matter how much damage those choices do.

    The first SARS pandemic hit in 2003 and was extensively studied, one reason Singapore, South Korea and Japan were well prepared and China, while not, responded fairly well but the jury is out because Beijing lies about numbers to save "face". It got plenty of US publicity but Americans were too busy being silly and promptly forgot about it, including most leadership. It's not a mystery event at all but elderly politicians are rarely good at anything but pandering to enough morons to get elected. They have mental room for one specialty and entertaining enough human sandbags to win office. The quality of effective advertising and intellectual level of pop culture should tell you how the average 100 IQ voter thinks which dictates the leaders they like. Ignorant voters choose ignorant hack bosses. Americans failed America across the board because Americans only care about trifles and reject the idea of a well-rounded education.

    There are many highly specialized subjects those who aren't specialists will know nothing about but are desperately important for leadership to understand.
    . Those mildly interested at an enthusiast level need to dig AND enough serious background self or professional education to understand useful amounts of info. Anyone CAN do it but some effort is required. It's interesting stuff so go for it! If you can understand engines you can understand far more than that.

    https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkin...9__SARS_CoV_2_


    If you wonder why the US government lacks better public health policy I invite you to study how lobbyists manipulate gullible voters via the media. American health care is insanely expensive but much of that money is not used to provide care. Note I take no political position here because when Americans think of politics they instantly switch to emotional mode and become even sillier. If you're curious you'll form your own opinion.
    The only obligation of business is profit and they spend mad cash trying to program the public, which works until shit breaks down.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLuZjpxmsZQ Have some George Carlin but listen to the details. The guy was a masterful speaker who used humor superbly.
    Last edited by farmall; 03-28-2020 at 12:30 AM.

  13. #8653
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Perhaps we rely too much on the "hacks" in Washington ?

    A small and leaner Federal presence would probably be more effective.

  14. #8654
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Perhaps we rely too much on the "hacks" in Washington ?

    A small and leaner Federal presence would probably be more effective.
    Amen.

  15. #8655
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,193

    Default

    A small and leaner Federal presence would probably be more effective.
    Now support that assertion with evidence, logic, facts and reason! It's not OK to just have random thoughts then believe them because that doesn't result in analytical thinking. On what pandemic management evidence is your belief based? I understand you've been taught by right wing media to want to think that (they don't teach you how their revenue stream works, you'll enjoy learning), but in that case you should be able to swiftly and easily support the contention that (proven to be badly prepared) US states would somehow do better unsupported by national efforts.

    Both right and left wing media exist to elect people to powerful positions. Don't confuse that with helping the public. They are tools to influence you and your buying habits and all your personal data including opinions are worth billions to marketers.

    You have plenty of historic and now modern examples of effective national intervention. Did you read about those before forming an opinion? Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Iceland are all modern countries successfully controlling their pandemics via effective central government marshaling of people and resources.

    Thinking clearly is always useful but people aren't shown how to teach themselves independently of the mass media bullshit factories and politard agendas which are no substitute for independent thought.

    We already have a very lean Federal presence in pandemic management because we abandoned serious preparations to defend against biowarfare despite 9/11 and the Al Qaeda crew who died while experimenting with bubonic plague.
    That's a fact. OTOH the limited (due to budgets focused on procurement) federalized National Guard response (the military is big government too) is managing decently so far at standing up additional hospital space to free specialty facilities and boost surge capacity. The states don't always have the money. California is wealthy and has some magnificent facilities, but Louisiana and elsewhere in the Deep South CHOSE not to do the smart thing. Their response to pandemic is a national matter because it must be controlled throughout the country to prevent even more medical overload and economic destruction than it will already cause. Less Federal intervention in LA doesn't just mean a few dead folk in one place. Survivors with no resources are hard to contain.

    This sort of thing is what LA does left to its own devices. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/lo...rus/index.html That ocean of ignorance is why Katrina did so much damage to NOLA (and why idiots imagine it's OK to live in a flood plain guaranteed to be destroyed by storm surge). Federal intervention there is a provable national necessity to keep it from collapsing and spewing infected refugees elsewhere to overwhelm other states. The US looks big but is highly interconnected. It's not 1900 any more.

    Now take my assertions for nothing but do your own homework. Did your school teach you how pandemics and herd immunity work? If not, you can learn that yourself and it's interesting stuff.

    America needs Americans to be genuinely informed or the team will be less capable. One infected person can infect hundreds.

    https://www.kalb.com/content/news/Ne...569181311.html

    The Guard relies heavily on Federal funding so never confuse state guard actions with "not being Federal":
    https://www.stripes.com/news/us/near...-bill-1.624000
    Last edited by farmall; 03-28-2020 at 4:57 PM.

  16. #8656
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewMask.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	101377

  17. #8657
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Now support that assertion with evidence, logic, facts and reason! ]
    Spend a day at the GSA ...it's your money, try not to puke.

    The Government has never, ever, not once, ever, even come close to doing anything better or less expensively then private enterprise.

    Want proof....watch Spacex land a booster...fuckin amazing

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon9.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	101640

    Boom....Mic drop...where's the bitches?

  18. #8658
    btalley63
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Spend a day at the GSA ...it's your money, try not to puke.

    The Government has never, ever, not once, ever, even come close to doing anything better or less expensively then private enterprise.

    Want proof....watch Spacex land a booster...fuckin amazing

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon9.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	101640

    Boom....Mic drop...where's the bitches?
    Spoken like a hack who doesn’t know shit about history. Look at NASA and the Interstate Highway system. Yes, there is graft and theft at every level of government, but saying the government has never done anything better than private enterprise is bullshit.

  19. #8659
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Your point? Interstates were built by private contractors.....NASA is years behind the privateers....name one Federal project that was conceived and built by the Feds without private labor that was a roaring success.

  20. #8660
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,051

    Default

    name one Federal project that was conceived and built by the Feds without private labor that was a roaring success.
    The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933, to provide navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing, and economic development to the Tennessee Valley, a region particularly affected by the Great Depression. Senator George W. Norris (R-Nebraska) was a strong sponsor of this project. TVA was envisioned not only as a provider, but also as a regional economic development agency that would use federal experts and rural electrification to help modernize the rural region's economy and society.[2]

    TVA's service area covers most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. It was the first large regional planning agency of the federal government and remains the largest. Under the leadership of David Lilienthal ("Mr. TVA"), the TVA became a model for the United States' later efforts to help modernize agrarian societies in the developing world

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in