Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freewheeler
    • Dec 2012

Good thread - I really admire your imagination and 'have a go' attitude.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Nick

Comment

• ichambers
      • Jun 2015

Ok so I wasn't completely 100 percent on the paint scheme for the tank. Here is what I think I will change it to.

It's still simple, but it has a bit more aggressive direction to it. Im not sure about the pinstripe yet, I will have to see how clean the masking line is after pain, and how good the contrast is, since it will be dark grey metallic with a non metallic black in the swoop.

Probably won't get to the paint for a little while since there are a few projects running in the house as well, repainting a bathroom etc.
      Last edited by ichambers; 07-01-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• ichambers
        • Jun 2015

Finished the paint this weekend. I will try to get a better pic soon but here is a quick one.

Comment

• ichambers
          • Jun 2015

Here is another picture of the paint, its a bit clearer on the tank graphic.

Comment

• Westboundbiker
            • Oct 2014

Woah, I gotta say, I wasn't so sure about this one at first, that seat just didn't look quite right. But with that color and tank graphics... it kicks ass! Only thing I'd say, is you should find a way to support the fender from the underside, and eliminate that piece of steel running over the top. It'd just clean it up a bit.

Awesome bike dude!

Comment

• ichambers
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Westboundbiker
              Woah, I gotta say, I wasn't so sure about this one at first, that seat just didn't look quite right. But with that color and tank graphics... it kicks ass! Only thing I'd say, is you should find a way to support the fender from the underside, and eliminate that piece of steel running over the top. It'd just clean it up a bit.

Awesome bike dude!
              Thanks man! Ya I would like to remove that rear piece as well, but it is providing a lot of structural support to the seat. I was just planning on running a piece of black leather along it to tie into the seat a bit better, and it does also serve as the mounting point to the turn signals which means the fender has a hole behind the steel piece as well. I will definitely keep it in mind and try to think of some options. I have also been considering making a small luggage rack / low sissy bar but that is a bit down the road. My next priority will be the front end, cleaning up the headlight, gauges and cables.

Comment

• Westboundbiker
                • Oct 2014

I've got faith that whatever you choose to do with any part of this bike- It'll be awesome.

Comment

• Punkkid
                  • Feb 2014

This has given me a bunch of inspiration to get my little gs cleaned up.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;