CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Headlight circuit

I'm having a like trouble with my headlight and I'm tempted to ditch the whole circuit altogether. Would it be as simple as wiring a 3 pole switch to the battery with a 15a fuse inline?

The actual problem is the connection has 12v- the bulb checks out but got nothing doing when they're connected. I'm figuring a bad connection at the switch, sounds good right?

But if I just put the switch on the light I can ditch that whole switchable, it's the only thing I have going through there.

It's an 83 vt500
    Last edited by Gimmedanger; 06-08-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

You want the power to the switch coming after the main ignition switch.
    Also you probably just have a bad ground.

I was figuring to do away with that circuit and have an independent on/off switch on the headlight itself. I've seen it but wasn't sure if it was just as simple as I though.

Get Adobe Flash player

It really is as simple as that, just make sure you've got the right fusing. But I agree with the above, it really sounds like a bad ground, scrub the mount for the light and see what happens, a lot of them are grounded through the housing.

Cool thanks. Yeah I agree it's probably a bad ground somewhere, just seemed funny I'd get 12v to the plug til I connected the bulb.

If that was it I'd just hunt it down but I like the idea of having the switch on the light, I think it's a cool look and could help with starting in the winter. That and I get to get rid of the switchgear and eliminate some 30+ year old wiring.

Get Adobe Flash player

I drill a hole in the bottom back of me head light and use a 3 way on my shovel, werks pissa and my switch on the dash powers it when I turn full right. it bacicly high low beem with middle shuttin light off on the switch

Get Adobe Flash player

u could just wire it so that your high beam is on all the time and just eliminate the switch all together. thats the way i went because my dim sucked and i used high beam all the time anyway.

Share This