CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

if the clutch isn't on the bars you should be mashing it with your foot..

Get Adobe Flash player

Those things look just like the operator's controls on the cable cars in San Francisco.

Get Adobe Flash player

Big Twins should be called "high horses."

Get Adobe Flash player

Some with ,gasp, manual advance.
    Those had a practical purpose long ago, especially when petrol quality was often far below modern "regular". You can read references to "pool petrol" in old British mags. Modern riders often forget that "manual advance" also permits
    "manual retard" as required. The auto advance mechanisms on motorcycles often had feeble parts and shitty springs. Compared to that a cable-operated timing control could be quite reliable.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Westboundbiker View Post
    Oh God. Yeah. I see so many of those sprung seats on softails... drives me nuts. It's one thing when the bike is a monoshock, like a V Star, where you can have the softail ride, hardtail look... But when you have visible shocks, and springs... I cannot stand it. And unlike some people who are too PC to say anything, and feel it's all rainbows and sunshine, I fucking say something about it. If no one ever criticized anything, nothing would ever improve. If you think my bike is the shit or just shit, tell me. It's called an opinion, everyone has one, and people need to get some thicker skin.

Ok then, I'm calling you out on not knowing what a softail is...
    Last edited by crush1776; 06-11-2015 at 5:14 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by crush1776 View Post
    Ok then, I'm calling you out on not knowing what a softail is...
    yeah he lost me there too...

Get Adobe Flash player

A "Softail" is a registered trademark. A soft tail is a fat chick.
    Who was it that designed the Softail? I remember it was an independent guy advertising in the back of Easyrider. Then harley bought it from him, right?

Farmall, I agree the manual advance was handy.
    Once rode a bike with the "auto" clutch pressure plate and a twist clutch. Plus it was one of those smooth chrome dildo grips. Thought it was in neutral, started the bike cold. Had to rev it a bit to keep it alive. Whooops! over the false curb I went. killing the gat street-sweeper fender. Had to pay out of pocket to get it painted. Now that was a fucked up clutch setup.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    A "Softail" is a registered trademark. A soft tail is a fat chick.
    Who was it that designed the Softail? I remember it was an independent guy advertising in the back of Easyrider. Then harley bought it from him, right?

Farmall, I agree the manual advance was handy.
    Once rode a bike with the "auto" clutch pressure plate and a twist clutch. Plus it was one of those smooth chrome dildo grips. Thought it was in neutral, started the bike cold. Had to rev it a bit to keep it alive. Whooops! over the false curb I went. killing the gat street-sweeper fender. Had to pay out of pocket to get it painted. Now that was a fucked up clutch setup.
    That'd be Bill Davis. I wonder how much he got outta the deal...

Flatheadpower

[img][/img]

I think its nice with the foot clutch setup whether you need it or not , clean up the bars, no front brake and you're only left with the throttle, think it looks neat. I simply need it , but have been looking at those efm autoclutches any more input on those ?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Flatheadpower View Post
    [img][/img]

I think its nice with the foot clutch setup whether you need it or not , clean up the bars, no front brake and you're only left with the throttle, think it looks neat. I simply need it , but have been looking at those efm autoclutches any more input on those ?
    I had an autoclutch on my minibike as a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by rene53catalina View Post
    when people throw on a solo seat with springs on a bike with rear suspension
    Not a fan of the hand clutch with the hand shifter either but the springer seat on a bike with a rear suspension is plain stupid. I think I just hate most things though haha.

I totally agree hand clutch and shift is Gay as fuck

Get Adobe Flash player

personally I prefer tank style shifting, with foot clutch. no reaching down behind your leg to shift.
    I'll bet those hand shifter with clutch lever set ups don't stay on the bike very long
    after the rider realizes how lame and awkward it is, not to mention sketchy as fuk.

I, too, am not a huge fan. But I also subscribe to the 'ride your own ride' philosophy. I work at a shop where guys come in with pics of their half ass done big wheel Street Glides and ask me what I think about it, obviously looking for more approval. I feel like I should have a picture of my Softail and Sportster on the counter with the caption 'This is what I ride, this is what I like. Think about that before you ask for approval on you big wheel bagger'. But, if they like it, cool. good for them. Two wheels is two wheels.

I like them bro. to each his own.

Get Adobe Flash player

what about a hand twist clutch on hand shifter (handle bar style like the photo above).
    twist-O-shift

Get Adobe Flash player

On my 45 Magnum, due to the nature of the transmission I had to go for hand shift with a gate on the tank as there is no gate or ratchet in the transmission to help you find gear, Without the Gate on the tank you can go from 1st gear to 3rd gear in one going past neutral and 2 false neutrals as well,....
    I would have preferred foot shift with hand clutch but it wasn't possible with the 45 trans,
    so I went with a TRUE Suicide Clutch, (No Rocker clutch here) just on or off. with hand shifting on the tank,
    it took about 2 days to get used to hand shifting although I often went for the hand clutch which wasn't there !! hahahahaa
    the only thing I don't like is when newbees try & re-invent the language because they are fucking clueless as to what does what and call it ''suicide shifting''
    .....FUCK OFF & DO ONE !!! NO such fucking thing as ''suicide shift'' !!!.... it's a ''Suicide Clutch'' & ''Hand'' or ''Jockey Shift'' !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails magnum rebuild 35.jpg   magnum rebuild 34 - Copy.JPG  

Get Adobe Flash player

THANK GAWD!!! someone else is on my side. My close friend has this stupid bar on his shifter with the clutch on it!

it pisses me off when people walk up and say cool suicide shifter!!!! omfg!!!! its not!!!

no one notices my foot clucth and shift knob. it doesnt stick above the gas tank where everyone can see

weak ass shit pisses me off

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperDani View Post
    THANK GAWD!!! someone else is on my side. My close friend has this stupid bar on his shifter with the clutch on it!

it pisses me off when people walk up and say cool suicide shifter!!!! omfg!!!! its not!!!

no one notices my foot clucth and shift knob. it doesnt stick above the gas tank where everyone can see

weak ass shit pisses me off
    ... totally agree with ya fella !!!..... I have a slight Violent Hatred of Hipsters & all they stand for

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    ... totally agree with ya fella !!!..... I have a slight Violent Hatred of Hipsters & all they stand for ……………

Yes sir me too............

Share This