Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pardus
    • May 2015

Custom pipes and baffles advice

I lost a good chunk of my hearing a few years back and dealing with bad tinnitus 24/7. Had to throw on stock exhaust or else my ears light up. I am looking to start a new bike project this fall and wondering if there any options with custom looking pipes but keeping the decibels closer to stock levels. Anyone out there I can talk to about making some for me or advice on doing it myself.
  • gray
    • Aug 2012

I ran Samson baffles for a while in some drags that I have. I actually ended up pulling them because they were TOO quite. They're probably exactly what you are looking for. I believe mine were 10".

Something like this:

Comment

• jmattsen
      • May 2015

make really tall pipes that stick out above your head so all the sound just shoots over you

Click image for larger version

Name:	348de33c69a25cd2d329e8b67c784d00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1283344

Comment

• pardus
        • May 2015

thanks for replies guys, unfortunately samson won't work out. here is their reply.

We don’t offer anything with near stock Db levels. I suggest with your hearing that you keep the stock pipes. I would love to sell you a set of pipes but we don’t have stock level sounding pipes.
        maybe I can double up the baffles, lots of back pressure and tourque

high pipes, hadn't thought of that but maybe need to rethink my build.

Comment

• Grantman
          • Aug 2012

Measured sound will be higher than stock, they don't want you to sue them when it turns out they are a little bit louder than stock. I'd say try the baffles in a set of long shot drags, you will be surprised, doesn't matter what you do to short shots they will be loud.

Comment

• chopperbob1313
            • Jun 2015

I too want to keep my hearing. I've been running no baffles for almost 50 years and my hearing is great. Personally the bike noise was never the problem. I found the wind to be much worse. Easy cheap fix- earplugs! I carry a bag of them in my saddlebag and it cost 3 bucks. No more earaches OR tinnitus!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;