CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    JetBlackII

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    That springer Doe...
    For serious... LilBill 10 over? What size front rim you have planned for it? It's a fucking beauty that is gonna look like about to wheelie at any time with that basket angle in the end... careful on the throttle

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackII View Post
    For serious... LilBill 10 over? What size front rim you have planned for it? It's a fucking beauty that is gonna look like about to wheelie at any time with that basket angle in the end... careful on the throttle
    12 over, gonna run a 21. here it is on another chassis

JetBlackII

Nice... the rake didn't look like it would stretch it as far as it does... leaving a very steep angled basket, glad to see it's not that. Cause whenever I do, I'm like fuck they need to slap some degrees to the neck, to make the stance look proper... used to see them in 70's mags a lot mostly on CB750's with stock necks and unstretched frames and always hated the stance, because it fucked up so many lines

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackII View Post
    Nice... the rake didn't look like it would stretch it as far as it does... leaving a very steep angled basket, glad to see it's not that. Cause whenever I do, I'm like fuck they need to slap some degrees to the neck, to make the stance look proper... used to see them in 70's mags a lot mostly on CB750's with stock necks and unstretched frames and always hated the stance, because it fucked up so many lines
    the pic with the panhead motor is with a 57 straight leg frame with a little more rake than the shovelhead pics with an early paugho frame which has less rake but about an inch of stretch in the front legs. i've been building and riding this style of bike since the early 70s. when my new shop is finished i hope to start cranking out about 1 a month. if there's a market for reals 70s choppers that is :-)

Get Adobe Flash player

In my little area of the world,there's a hand full of choppers you'll see around.And I know most of them.
    Ya see those OCC,Bourget,etc "choppers" around,from time to time.
    By far the most popular custom around here is those big front wheel baggers,by a wide margin.
    One thing that gives me hope is,I go by this place on the way to work that has a few rides out front for sale that border on proper,May be a little blingy.I don't know that probably shouldn't give me hope,it's better in a way that you don't see them every where.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bumping this thread. Went back to LA pretty much 1 year later than OG post, drove around for 10 days, didn't see one garage built chop this time, and saw less bikes in general.
    Just an observation.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've been in the Milwaukee area my whole life so lot's of HD's around, lots of real bikers and lots of people that put on there biker costume on the weekends. I was born and raised in the motorcycle culture, and I don't see many choppers around. They just aren't that popular, everybody loves them and talks about how cool they are. There just not for every one to ride, I mean think about the guy who puts on his Harley costume for the weekend he can't ride some 10 over raked out no front break having death trap. Those guys couldent even get out of their driveway on a chopper. And as much as those guys drive us all nuts we need them, they pay for research and devolvement, they buy new bikes that then become used for us to chop up. That and without them to make jokes about who would we the purist, the dirty bikers, the guys who understand how compression timing and fuel make our toys go have to look down to. Yes I may be a biker snob but I love my "un-safe" noisy old bikes.

Get Adobe Flash player

Not much has changed in the Daytona to Saint Augustine Florida Area. Baggers rule the day by a wide margin, then sport bikes and then everything else. I see something that might resemble a chopped bike once and a blue moon. Most I've seen is around here were two hard tail chops getting ready to hit 95 during bike weeks. That was rare.

Get Adobe Flash player

yep , in Daytona for 16 years hardly any choppers around here . every once in a while one will pop up at a beachside bar or restaurant. nothing but baggers, which most don't even take on long trips. they just ride around the town, slow and steady.

im up in maine right now. tons of baggers but i know theres a few guys up here. LA was a mixed bag, every now and then youd see something sweet.

Get Adobe Flash player

I cant say I see too many in or around Philadelphia. Most of my riding is done on the highway so I don't think I come across too many people with custom bikes. Virtually all baggers if its a Harley. The kind of bikes that were bought and not built- I see those every once in a while, but I don't think guys really take those to the highway, nor do they really ride in less than optimal weather. Now that the weather is starting to turn, maybe I'll see a bit more.

I find the guys that buy them buy the softails, and the guys that build them ride rigid.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodderz View Post
    Bumping this thread. Went back to LA pretty much 1 year later than OG post, drove around for 10 days, didn't see one garage built chop this time, and saw less bikes in general.
    Just an observation.
    I see tons of garage built, modified sportsters, triumphs, etc. every day in and around Los Angeles. There's tons of stuff happening here and it's just getting bigger and bigger (which is also, not all positive in all aspects of "choppering" but those are different discussions for another time).

Sometimes it boggles my mind who even rides up and down my street on chopped sporties with Biltwell lids and I don't even recognize them...

Get Adobe Flash player

I have been seeing lots of choppers in the Huntington beach area lately,
    most notable was a killer black and chrome "Fats Noreiga style" Panhead
    that putted through the parking lot where I was working at Beach & Garfield.
    And I even ride mine to that job since the building owner takes care of the materials
    so I only need to pack my tools.
    I still see way more Jap Rockets than anything else though.

They are in my hood, but the part of north phoenix I live in is silly with bikes of all makes, models, and configuration

Get Adobe Flash player

They still are, but the builders are rare though.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mq2cnuREXb1sqqd3eo1_500.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	69556

Get Adobe Flash player

Saw a big dog today here in Norwich NY

Get Adobe Flash player

sorta like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0080.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	69639

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by triumphbruce View Post
    sorta like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0080.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	69639
    What model big DoG is that?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
    What model big DoG is that?
    That's funny shit right there

Get Adobe Flash player

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/krpSZXWSz88/maxresdefault.jpg

Saw this 1972 Harley softail knucklehead heritage yesterday.owner wants $750,000

Share This