CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

The one that you built yourself, bought new or at least watched over one rebuilt, for you.

I see it this way. Most of the problems I encounter, is that wrenches that think they can cause most of the problems for the next guy. Poor maintenance and half ass repairs is where you get bit. If you build something, you are the quality control. When it constantly leaves you stranded, you are the quality control. When it runs forever and never goes down, you are the quality control. And if you think because they work at the stealership, they know all that they need to know, think again. As in every profession, they are not always created equal.

Just my nickels worth on the subject.

primer

I posted earlier in this thread about having an FXSTS that sat for a long period of time,
    so now I'm in the process of getting it running and have a couple questions.The
    sparkplugs are Autolite 4265,when I pulled them they were perfect,clean dusty tan
    color.Is that the correct plug and what is the proper gap?The bike was ridden at speed
    over distance.100--300 miles at a time but now it's gonna be stop and go,freeway in
    SoCal.The oil,when checked the tank it was empty,so I have to assume it got past
    the check valve and the lower end is full.If I leave the plugs out and cycle the motor
    will that push oil back to the tank or is all coming out the breather?The final drive belt,
    how much tension should be on the belt,or slack maybe?Also I have to say that once
    I got it strpped down and blasted 3 years worth of dirt and bug shit off it it's not a bad
    looking motor,easy to work on so far.I may have to soften my anti-Evo stance.There
    may be a soul in there afterall.Thank's boy's,I know there stupid question's but I'm
    flying blind here.

Get Adobe Flash player

i dont have much experience to offer, but i will add this, i have a 90 evo 4 speed , it sat for 18 years in a garage, chrome is a mess now, I cleaned the carb changed the oil, and it ran like new. everyone I talk to about harleys always says evo is the best engine harley ever made as far as reliability, I ride the hell out of it and have yet needed to do any engine work. it may not have soul, but it sounds great and wont die or let me sit, i really feel confident I could hop on it right now and ride coast to coast.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by primer View Post
    It's been setting for three year's,my son hit me up for it yesterday so I gave it to him.It'll
    be a build for him to start out on,the extra room is for another SHOVEL

haha tru that! fuck all this new shit i enjoy working on my 51 panhead and shovel why deal with new factory shit FTF! ride old stuff there funner cooler looking and create so many more adventures

Get Adobe Flash player

Default The best motor

This is the best one....cuz its mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0520001712.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmen13 View Post
    This is the best one....cuz its mine
    Now that's a sexy motor!

Share This