Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajz
    • Feb 2013

Wiring help?! No spark and I don't know why

Hi, so I just wired my bike from scratch and all of the lights and stuff work. I'm just running a toggle switch instead of a key and a push button on te solenoid. I am not getting any spark. It is a 1998 sportster 1200. I have confirmed power at te coil through the white and black wire as well as confirmed power at the ignition module. The bank angle sensor is deleted and the green/grey wire from the ignition module is grounded. I also tested my coil and it was good. What the fuck am I missing?!? I'm about ready to push my bike off a cliff!
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

Could be as simple as low batt voltage. Check for at least ten volts to the coil while cranking. Use a voltmeter.
    Also check that your ign is actually sending a signal to the coil. Use a regular incandescent build test light for this test..
    I've never had any luck grounding the BAS switch. Think it has something to do with the stock gin wanting to "see" a certain resistance. But never looked into it. Just upgraded and/or replaced the stock gin with aftermarket goodies.

Comment

• spenzher
      • Mar 2014

Is the bike turning over? In other words, is everything else working but your just not getting any spark?

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

Iggy mod needs gn/gy wire AND black wire grounded. Nothing to do with resistance, just grounded.
        Also, as Sky suggested, put a test light on the coil post with the pink wire. While cranking the engine over the light should flash. Also check voltage while cranking engine. Did you eliminate the run/off kill switch? What did you do with those wires?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;