CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

So sorry for your loss, don't know ya but losing a Dad is a big one. From the post sounds like he was loved and respected from his son. My sincere condolences.

Cisco726

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificentbastard View Post
    That was a pretty shitty thing to say.

To Rub
    My condolences
    I'm honestly not surprised by this from this guy. I wanted to ignore to not give it any merit, but yeah it's a dick move.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jethro57 View Post
    no, get the other magnifying glass. A bit more magnification and it's easy to separate my pimples from my penis
    fixed

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry for your loss man and glad you were able to send him off the way he wanted.

Get Adobe Flash player

My condolences Rubman. Your Dad sounds like a truly stand up guy. He can be justifiable proud of how you handled such a tough situation as this. Your actions speak well of the man who raised you.

Get Adobe Flash player

Again guys, thanks for all the love. Forreal, thanks. I'll make sure I post more frequently so none of y'all get the impression I've gone off the deep end lol

TwoLaneFever

as long as pops is in your mind, he,s still with you . he was with you from the start. now, he is gone physicaly , don't forget him, and he will be with you ,spirits are all around us ,believe it or not .time to hack on the newest ride ,it,ll make you feel better.
    Last edited by TwoLaneFever; 02-18-2015 at 7:35 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

sorry to hear man.

time for an escape! head to Milwaukee for Mama Tried this weekend, beers and nudie bar on me

Condolences man. I just about lost my old man a few years ago to a heart condition... Makes you realize what you got when you almost lose it, or do lose it it your case. Stay strong brother.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by RexCharger View Post
    sorry to hear man.

time for an escape! head to Milwaukee for Mama Tried this weekend, beers and nudie bar on me
    unless they changed something Milwuakee's nudie bars use bandaids on the nipples..

Shovelwitch

"I could care less what anybody rides, I dont measure my or others worth by what vehicle is driven or things the one owns, unlike you I'm not quite that shallow, I've raised my kids to see past material superficiality and they do, I was raised that way as well, too bad your parents werent that enlightened" -Jefro57

Go ride your sporty* into a tree you enlightened prick.

*no hate on sportsters.

Get Adobe Flash player

*no hate on sportsters.
    Of course not, but the bonus is no Big Twins would be harmed. (runs)

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by loddytoddy View Post
    unless they changed something Milwuakee's nudie bars use bandaids on the nipples..
    that went out the window in like 2003.

and that was just for clubs inside city limits.

my club, 45min north of milwaukee, is full nude with full alcohol.

so anyway, Rubsy needs an escape, and what better than Mama Tried and titties?

Get Adobe Flash player

I just love internet sympathy plays, arent they special??? and people go for this shit too. Did you douchebags ever think for one minute that this guy is bullshitting ya'll??? Maybe he's a French model. Everyone piles on the sympathy bandwagon, has group hugs, and etc, etc, etc.
    The question is ?? Why ??? Why do people require or desire internet sympathy ??? I mean these are people one doesnt know or will ever meet. We all know how full of shit people are on the net, so why would their reaction to a "crisis", real or perceived, really fucking matter ?? Have we regressed to the point that faux interactions matter that much?? Whatever!!!, say what you want I'm callin bullshit on this one

Get Adobe Flash player

I just love internet sympathy plays, arent they special??? and people go for this shit too. Did you douchebags ever think for one minute that this guy is bullshitting ya'll??? Maybe he's a French model. Everyone piles on the sympathy bandwagon, has group hugs, and etc, etc, etc.
    The question is ?? Why ??? Why do people require or desire internet sympathy ??? I mean these are people one doesnt know or will ever meet. We all know how full of shit people are on the net, so why would their reaction to a "crisis", real or perceived, really fucking matter ?? Have we regressed to the point that faux interactions matter that much?? Whatever!!!, say what you want I'm callin bullshit on this one
    It's not internet sympathy you flying pile of douche...

I consider Max Barna to be a friend of mine...

And I genuinely sympathize with his loss...

Honestly it would be best for you to STFU but by all means, keep digging...

I can't say that's a smart strategy, but it's the one I often employ...

Get Adobe Flash player

You know, I was going to reply to this amicably; say something like, “Hey guys, don’t bust his shit – my man is just on the defensive because he’s worried about the Internet and the fact that we can be anyone we want to be here.”

But fuck that. My Dad died.

So I’m going to say this: I’ve met plenty – literal dozens – of people from this message board in real life who can confirm, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am Max "Rubsy" Barna. That I’m a wild son of a bitch who will ride hundreds of miles to a party, drink until I throw up and pass out, motorboat titties at a comic book convention, take off his shirt for a drunk group of women inside of a “family restaurant,” sleep in your tent (thanks Nate!) and then drive to work the next day. I’ve woken up in the middle of the woods in Maine and was knocking off Escalade passenger mirrors and splitting lanes over the Verrazano Bridge in time for lunch.

I posted this thread for them, and for everyone else here, who took time out of their day to give to my family and I when we needed it – because some of the donations DID come from the amazing, righteous mother fuckers on this website. I posted this thread for people who, when I first HINTED that my father was sick with cancer, turned a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with any of it into a thread talking about how I needed to keep my head up, and be strong, stay positive, and take care of business. It may be the Internet, love (and hate) is real – in all contexts.

You wouldn’t be the first dude on the Internet who’s had a problem with the way I handle myself, and were we to meet face to face, you wouldn’t be the first person apologizing to me and offering me a drink in a desperate man’s attempt to bury the hatchet before shit got heavy for you.

But aside from all of that – my validation and legitimacy aside – I want to you go to bed with this, tonight:
    My father is gone. He was a goddamn bull, and a lion, and a bear, and he was braver and smarter than anyone you’ve ever met. And he was also gentle, and kind, and compassionate and afraid. He took care of his family, kept his friends close, and did the best he could in a dying world that was getting colder by the minute. He was the kind of man – albeit misunderstood, at times – people would be honored to call their friend, and who THIS man is proud to call his father.

And (according to your profile) he was five years younger than you. FIVE FUCKING YEARS. It’s true, what they say, you know, about the good dying young. And I truly hope you live to be 100; alone, with shit in your pants, malice in your head, and fear in your fucking heart.

The point is, you ain’t shit. But my old man was, and I am. When my travels put me back in North Carolina, I’ll make sure I reach out – I’ll gladly show you how real I am.

Get Adobe Flash player

I hadn't intended to respond to this thread, as I offered Max my condolences on IG.
    But I did offer them, know him personally or not (I don't), because as a civilized human being, that's what you should do.
    Jethro, since this the internet (and America), you can say what you wish. And I respect your right to do so.
    And in many instances, with the internet having a high bullshit ratio, I'd agree with you. But Max isn't some random dude that just dropped out of the sky yesterday.
    So consider this, what if it isn't bullshit? At that point, your callous remarks become hurtful. And you being willing to take the chance of it being BS or not, either points to your character flaws, or shows that you're socially inept. Or both.
    Either way, bad form. The smart thing to do would be to keep your opinions on this matter to yourself. Because in this instance, they help no one. They only harm.
    Considering that you've been here awhile, certainly longer than me, you too have seen the interactions Max has had with other CC members on a personal level.
    We can safely assume that members here know Max well enough to call him a friend, and as such, do have a window into his personal life.
    Do you not think that if this was bullshit, someone that knows him better than you or I would have called him on that?
    Now, I'll be the first to agree that our boy Rubs is a little narcissistic. His writings speak to that. He talks big. And I'm fine with all that. I admire his bravado.
    However, I've seen and read enough on the social media outlets to have a good feeling that he's not the type of person to fabricate something like this. And I've never been within 100 miles of the guy.
    But, if I ran into him today, I'd give him a bro-hug, buy him a beer and offer my sincerest condolences.
    Even though I only know him through social media. Key word, social.
    Not anti-social.
    Which is what your comments were.
    Last edited by buckshotgumbo; 02-20-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Knuckleduster

Although I do not know Max personally, I offered Max my sincerest of condolences both publicly and privately when he let us know that his pops passed.
    Just as he offered his sincerest condolences to me when my best friend of 25 years passed last year, and when my mom passed 3 years ago.
    ...It's called mutherfuckin RESPECT, ....you should get some!
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 02-20-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by RexCharger View Post
    that went out the window in like 2003.

and that was just for clubs inside city limits.

my club, 45min north of milwaukee, is full nude with full alcohol.

so anyway, Rubsy needs an escape, and what better than Mama Tried and titties?
    yeah it's been a while... and it was the airport lounge.. all class.

speaking of class.. you don't have to know someone on a personal level to respect the fact they lost a parent.
    Max seems like a cool kid, wild and egotistical but that's what makes him cool.. plus he laughs at my random texts.
    Last edited by loddytoddy; 02-20-2015 at 1:04 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by loddytoddy View Post
    ...plus he laughs at my random texts.
    Pretty sure the "lol" in his texts means "lots of love".

Share This