X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jethro57
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Magnificentbastard
    How would you make your own patch?
    American Apparel 2000 will do it for you, and keep the pattern in case you want more, pricing was excellent

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
      • Oct 2013

How would you make your own patch?
      You can contact Jason at Ironthread and he'll make you something sweet as fuck or you can get a Brother SE4000 and learn the language of the machine and convert your own images to thread...

Comment

• Stumblerschopperclub
        • Oct 2014

Jason at Ironthread is the man, top notch work and easy to work with.

Comment

• Apr 2024

Originally posted by AMFshovelheads
          write them an email and ask if there's a cheaper option available. they are usually very helpful

This. I emailed cause online I kept getting the high shipping cost and they added the low shipping rate to my order. Very cool people to deal with.

Comment

• TwoSheds
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by klondikekid64
            Getting off the thread a bit but, you ever try getting stuff on e bay shipped to Canada thru E bay's global shipping program? now that's a rip off for sure.
            Global shipping program sucks!

Comment

• bparsel
              • Jul 2011

So...did you email them and ask about altering the shipping or just go by the website? Both Biltwell and Lowbrow will go out of their way to try and work with you. This came up once before in an old thread and Bill simply said to email him because the website cant change certain aspects of shipping quotes.

I just shipped a wheel from Michigan to Alberta for $74 bucks through the USPS.

Comment

• WildChild77
                • Nov 2014

No, didn't get around to emailing them yet… I will, but I'm just a lazy fuck I guess…. Didn't start this thread to hack on lowbrow… was really hoping to hear some ideas on how to go about getting the shit I wanted without paying out the ass for shipping… really believe in this board and the low price quality of Biltwell … and I have a soft spot for stickers n patches… just wanna show my support…

Comment

• Dietrich66
                  • Mar 2014

Wild Child,

I live in Ontario Canada too. Had the exact same experience with Lowbrow. Seems like a cool place to shop, but the price of my order nearly doubled when I added a $4 patch. I even had my smarter more computer-savvy daughter double check it. I emailed Lowbrow but yeah... that's just shipping to Canada.

Funny thing though. Another friend ordered parts from Lowbrow. It was a fairly big order and he decided to just bite the bullet and do it. He said "I was going to order you that patch" -but the shipping cost went up so much when he added it, so he didn't. I didn't understand this. It certainly wasn't added weight. Almost seemed like it pushed his order into another price bracket.

Then his package came. Included was a magazine-sized catalog and a bunch of other advertising. I guess it's wise of them to include their catalog and whatnot, but it seemed goofy that a little Triumph patch would have affected the shipping cost, yet this full colour catalog was an easy throw-in.

I'm going to take your advice (for parts anyway) and try Canadasmotorcycle.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Man the best way to save on shipping in Canada is to move out of Canada. I buy and sell on ebay and it cost so much to ship and buy from there. NOT MUCH OF A WAY AROUND IT. Plus I bet Lowbrow has a handling charge?

Comment

• klondikekid64
                      • Nov 2013

Yet, you can buy stuff all day long, big and small, from china, and surrounding areas etc. on e bay, and they can ship for free?? It must come by boat, takes awhile, almost as long as from the US sometimes.
                      Last edited by klondikekid64; 01-22-2015, 5:50 PM.

Comment

• Grantman
                        • Aug 2012

You would loose your mind when you would see what I have to pay for shipping to Ireland, I just got me a snap back hat from Choppaheads (http://shop.choppahead.com/collectio...co-trucker-hat) which costs $15 - Shipping was another $20 I believe.
                        Even worse when you buy new handlebars or bigger items you get fucked by custom and have to pay at least half of the price custom charge, I asked them once why the fuck would I need to pay that much and their response was, its to encourage citizens to buy locally.... WHICH I WOULD LOVE TO IF WE HAD ANYTHING LIKE THAT LOCAL YOU CUNTS!

I say it again, you fags have no idea how good you have it, you have swap meets, cool communities, great riding weather, great streets, shops and custom mechnics comming out of your arse and we here have .... bogs.
                        Okay that's a bit over the top Ireland is incredible beautiful and many of the stereotypical irish way of life is still very much present if you look for it but fuck some of you guys don;t know how good you have it from a motorcycle type of environment.
                        Sounds like opportunity is knockin', and it's for you brother!
                        Last edited by Grantman; 01-24-2015, 11:09 PM. Reason: left out a 2 letter word

Comment

• Allen
                          • Apr 2024

I wont ship anything international anymore. It's ridiculous. There's so much theft over seas and across borders it's not worth the headache. Even with this being said in the store/online, people STILL make purchases with foreign shipping addresses. More headache, now I've got to refund your money.

I've talked to a few "sellers" who have had annual cost of shipping raises year after year, and it's taxing on the little guys to the point of they're getting big enough in volume to start cutting prices and offering specials, yet the savings are simply cut when the same profit loss is merely passed onto the shipping service (through increased costs)

Even the "big guys" are looking to get around paying the shipping...

"Serious Lapse in Judgment
                          If you’re a regular Amazon customer, you’ve likely noticed a change.

Amazon dropped the United Parcel Service (UPS), and it increased shipping with the United States Postal Service (USPS). Amazon made a deal with the Devil, and the customers are now required to pay.

Let me explain…

When the deal was announced, the U.S. Postal Service thought it was the lifeline it needed to survive. Since bills and most correspondence now come via email – and checks are often delivered by Automated Clearing House (ACH) – the USPS has lost its reason to exist.

Mail volume has plummeted and most of the mail delivered these days never makes it past the trash can into the house. They’re bleeding financially.

Now, Amazon pays huge delivery fees, and it’s looking to build its own fleet of trucks and vehicles to deliver packages. Instead, it thought it had a match made in heaven: Take the excess capacity of the USPS, and make it the delivery system for Amazon.

Makes sense, right?

But there’s a major problem with the equation. Amazon is going from being the best firm at delivering products… to being one of the worst." read more here.... if you're interested at all? Otherwise, you can't expect "free" stickers unless you're willing to pay for the shipping to guarantee they get to you (and even then, I've discovered, they can be stolen without any care by unknown fuck-thieves somewhere along the way)

Comment

• Pendulum
                            • Jul 2011

I used to manage the shipping dept of a company that ships a huge variety of shit all around the world (I'm talking 0.25 pound boxes to Russia, 65 pound boxes to California, and 500 lb. pallets to Brazil)... Whenever you want to order little shit like this, just get it all loaded up in your cart so you have an easy to read list and then call the shop/company and tell them you want their shit, but the website is quoting some outrageous shipping. They'll almost always take your order over the phone and quote you a reasonable shipping price.

A website (or any computer program) is only a set of very specific instructions written by a human being which the computer is following. Sometimes humans don't fully understand the problem at hand, and write bad instructions for the computer. That's the main reason you see these dumb shipping charges. The website isn't capable of saying "Oh, these items will fit in a flat rate box. We'll use that." All it's capable of doing is going "Ok... This shit weighs like 0.68 pounds and is going to zip code 85032... Hey, USPS web server! How much is this gonna cost to ship using my companies account? $13? Ok, let's add our shipping markup of $4.32... Alright shopping cart, charge this clown $17.32 for shipping!" The application/website/whatever isn't aware that theres a stack of $5 flat-rate boxes on the shipping counter.

Comment

• Pendulum
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Allen
                              I wont ship anything international anymore. It's ridiculous. There's so much theft over seas and across borders it's not worth the headache. Even with this being said in the store/online, people STILL make purchases with foreign shipping addresses. More headache, now I've got to refund your money.
                              I'm a web application developer and might be able to help you fix/avoid this. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

• tomahawk1976
                                • Apr 2014

I used to send stickers and or patches in an envelope with a piece of cardboard or a few index cards to keep em flat....... Then people would claim they never got them or open a dispute with PayPal and with no tracking..... You get fucked every time. In fact one of the fuckers I sent a sticker package to...who claimed he never got them, had them on his helmet at a bike run. I reclaimed them and thisnfaggot called the cops

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;