CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

everybodys got a different opinion thats cool

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nickonometry View Post
    Why did it become so cool to have an uncomfortable bike?
    It's not cool. My point is if you want comfort those springs won't do shit for you. If you want comfort put the stock shocks back on or buy some good shocks. I have 10.5" shocks on my EVO and it is super comfortable. My hard tail isn't near as comfortable but I have a good seat on it and can ride all day without it bothering me much.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shitbike View Post
    Can't believe this is even a thread. I know everyone's got their own opinion and whatnot yada yada, but you can't tell me this looks good. Attachment 54132
    Nothing about that bike looks good, in my opinion. Well, I guess the pipes are alright and I do dig the clean Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzilla View Post
    [...]I have 10.5" shocks on my EVO and it is super comfortable.[...]
    Yep. You can get short shocks that don't kill you on bumps.

Get Adobe Flash player

some guy on instagram called me gay because i said his sprung seat on a shocked, mildly modded sporty didnt belong.... i get the whole, "its my bike im gonna make it llok the way i want to look" argument, but sometimes people make it looks horse shit ugly.... this example was on the tcbros page after they installed some forwards for the owner.

i find it that these people are also usually the ones ordering parts offline or from a catalog and having others install, or fab them. im no master mechanic/fab guy but everything on my bike ive had my hand in. from fab to paint.

motorcycles are dumb, sprung seats on a sprung bike are dumber.

JoeInPA

And degrading others for doing what they want on THEIR bike is the absolute dumbest.

Get Adobe Flash player

naw... sprung seats on sprung bikes is the absolute dumbest.

i would tell my friends, i would tell my enemies, complete strangers are going to get the same treatment.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    naw... sprung seats on sprung bikes is the absolute dumbest.

i would tell my friends, i would tell my enemies, complete strangers are going to get the same treatment.
    Fuck, I even told my dad.

JoeInPA

Well your dad can be forgiven for how his son turned out. I'm sure he tried his best ...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPA View Post
    Well your dad can be forgiven for how his son turned out. I'm sure he tried his best ...
    I'm not the one that put a spring seat on a swing-arm bike.

JoeInPA

It also wasn't your bike. Don't want a spring seat on YOUR swing-arm bike? Then don't do it. If your father wants a spring seat on HIS bike, just shut your pie-hole let him do whatever it is that makes him happy with HIS bike.

xllance

What brand of oil should I be using in my 2014 Harley Davidson Sportster Bobber ?

Get Adobe Flash player

This thread is hilarious

To actually answer the question that started all of this, I just Googled "springer seat softail sportster" and clicked images. Showed a bunch of different ways to do it.

As far as everyone's opinion on here, its a good thing we don't all agree. If we did there would only be one way bikes would be done and nothing would be unique. I personally hate the look of ridiculously long forked choppers but I can appreciate what someone has done, its just not my style. I don't see the point in a springer seat on a softail but its something you like the look of so do it and don't pay attention to what these guys say. Some guys like to ride uncomfortable rat bikes and some like to ride on a lazy-boy with GPS, there are bikes for different types of bikers.

I don't understand when a guy hates a factory bike because it isn't just how they want it. Factories make bikes to fit the masses and most people on here want something unique anyways. I don't want to buy a bike, run it stock, and have it look like everyone else's bike, I want it to be unique, custom, and mine. Its the same thing here, if its your bike do it how you want and I hope your ideas are different than mine because then my bike is that much more unique and custom fit to me and doesn't look like yours.

So whatever you do, have fun, do it your way and tell the haters to fuck off.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just for shits and giggles I asked my dad(who has been into bikes forever of all makes and styles) about a spring seat on a swingarm bike. His response was
    " If you ride it like that to my house you may as well double your boyfriend when you come because the only way you could get more gay would be if you actually had a dick in your mouth"
    I about pissed myself laughing. It's your bike do it if you ant but don't ask about it on the 33 and not expect to catch shit.

JoeInPA

Quote Originally Posted by chetmotox View Post
    So whatever you do, have fun, do it your way and tell the haters to fuck off.
    By far and away the best thing posted in this entire thread.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sprung seats look lame regardless, they belong on senior citizen's Schwinns.
    That said, I've never sat on a sprung seat bike where the springs did a damn thing. Most of them are shitty chinese springs anyway, there's no comfort or even suspension in those things. They either immediately compress under your weight, or they're so stiff they never flex. They serve the same purpose as those little bells and the jump ropes from your handlebar, to make you look like a tool.

xllance

Quote Originally Posted by Comingapart View Post
    Sprung seats look lame regardless, they belong on senior citizen's Schwinns.
    That said, I've never sat on a sprung seat bike where the springs did a damn thing. Most of them are shitty chinese springs anyway, there's no comfort or even suspension in those things. They either immediately compress under your weight, or they're so stiff they never flex. They serve the same purpose as those little bells and the jump ropes from your handlebar, to make you look like a tool.
    That's because you haven't been on one that is set up properly and, like you said, used cheap improper springs. They work if done right on a rigid. The stainless springs from BareKnucke Choppers are great. But you don't need them on your Schwinn.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just to clear up some confusion..........a softtail is a factory model big twin that has a triangulated swingarm with shocks mounted under the tranny. This configuration is to replicate the look of a rigid frame.

The Sportster in question here IS NOT a softtail. It does however have twin vertical shocks attached at the swingarm and at the rear frame rails behind the seat. While this can be considered a "sprung" frame, it aint a softtail.

To answer the original question.............Solo seats with springs belong on rigid frame bikes..........period .
    anything outside of that is gay. Yeah its your bike and you can do what you want. Just as its your choice of sucking dick or not.

JoeInPA

Just to clear up some confusion......

Putting a seat with springs on a swing arm bike is a choice.
    Being a homophobe is a choice.
    Being gay is not a choice.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just to clear up some confusion......

Putting a seat with springs on a swing arm bike is a choice.
    Being a homophobe is a choice.
    Being gay is not a choice.
    What?? How the fuck is being gay not a choice? What it's genetic? A disease you catch? You were born wanting to suck cock?

Share This