Flake is for fags (Please read, everyone)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey
    • Aug 2009

"Unlike anything or anyone else"
    except for everyone at your local golf course, wine tasting, Starbucks, and your kid's musical.
    Attached Files

Comment

• altshovel
      • Mar 2010

I no understand? Whadidyaexpect?? Yeah, swazi's for sure, it's not a stretch. Is it? or where have I been?? This is a free market and in part it makes it a free rip off. I'm not saying there ought to be a law. But trade-mark everything.

Comment

• Magickman
        • Aug 2009

OK, really, why do any of you care? You really think they are (or even CAN ) copy a bike you build with your own hands and your own mind?

I keep laughing at the comments where people think they are 'threatened' with Harley copying a trend.

My tank is flat black with red flames. I painted it myself and there is no other like it. I could give a crap if Harley started marketing tanks that matched. In the end I did it myself and I will always know that sets me apart form the guy who just throws money at his bike.

And this comes from a guy who USED TO just throw money at his bike. I learned the value and the differnce doing it yourself makes.

Comment

• McChop
          • Apr 2024

Well, at least the factory is trying to keep up, even if they're following a fairly fast paced 'scene' by taking baby steps. At least it's in the right direction.
          More power to them.

It seems that HD is making the Sportster into a Barbie doll kind of bike.
          You can get it in all kinds of themes, just like the doll comes in different styles.
          There's the 'Dark Custom Cool', now the 'Old School Original' being the produced products.
          Not even to mention the Iron 883 and the custom build they had for the NYC Art of Rebellion show.

Maybe Harley sees the Sportster as the more affordable bike for the customizing crowd, and figures they might as well cash in by making it easily customizable.
          It reminds me of Toyota and their Scions.

Whatever it is, Barbies or Scions, really, it's just business. You can't really hate on them for that.
          I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the 48. I'd also be lying if I said I wouldn't flake it out.
          Though I would also flake the fender. The whole mismatch style looks half-assed to me.

Comment

• Beefdrippings
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Joey
            "Unlike anything or anyone else"
            except for everyone at your local golf course, wine tasting, Starbucks, and your kid's musical.
            If your shirt has more tattoos than you, you're a douche.

Comment

• number1son
              • Mar 2010

In a few short months we'll all be looking back lovingly at when harley made denim paint finishes because you all know the stocker with denim paint aren't going to be cool, when all their "bro's" are rocking the flake of the gods.
              I think it's good just when I am starting to get sick of something Harley steps up and makes it uncool again.Right on Harley keep up the good work!

Comment

• wildcard
                • Mar 2010

Ftf

oh hell, baby blue flake and lavender flames. and more chrome than two bitches can shine.... and ride it straight into a mudhole....or seek group therapy.

Comment

• Gardener1
                  • Feb 2010

Now when the weekend rolls around all those RUBs are gonna look killer in their Docker shorts and matching Metal Flake tank. Actually, the guy or gal that dose end up getting this is the type of person who doesn't have the skill or know how to do it them self. They just wanna look like us, but they'll never be us. So if they want $400 factory flake... go for it.

Comment

• HFMC
                    • Feb 2010

Damn, and I like flake. Unfortunately, I'm even too slow (or lazy) to beat Harley to the punch. Oh well, I'd have probably never got around to actually painting anything anyway.

Comment

• wildcard
                      • Mar 2010

i feel dirty....

must wash with beer.must wash with beer. must........

Comment

• KT
                        • Aug 2009

Well shit I am painting the bike I am building with different kinds of monster flake and adding pearls on it too ...I was doing this cause I want this really out there blinding bike and I am learning to paint ,wanted something not base clear or basic ....Now I find out I am a fucking trend follower SUM BITCH! ......Guess I need to get a Ruckus like my brother and say hell with it ....LOL FTF ...All my shit is 40+

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                          • Dec 2009

At least they will be easy to spot. Just re-read the add. TANK ONLY!!!! Watch out for all those black fenders and gold tanks!!! Stylin!

Comment

• cHiCoD
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by billdozer
                            What next, swazis!?
                            GAWD,i hope so!

Comment

• jwhite
                              • Feb 2010

My new trend is painting dicks with wings on my gas tank. People tend to not mimic that look.

Comment

• Sinner6T
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle
                                At least they will be easy to spot. Just re-read the add. TANK ONLY!!!! Watch out for all those black fenders and gold tanks!!! Stylin!
                                There you go, you caught that, too.

If you want flake, do it, but do it right and do it complete. Otherwise you are what we always thought you were, a douche. now there's just one more way to get there: the factory catalog.

For the record I can't paint shit

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;