Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haiku
    • Mar 2011

Ultima 6 Speed gear swap

Has anyone swapped out the gears to an Ultima 6 speed with a Sreaming Eagle gear set, a Harley gear set, etc. I don't want to remove the case I just want to remove the Ultima 6 speed set with a better gear set
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

Need more info:
    6 in a five? Most likely, you'll need a 5 speed shifter pawl too.
    6 speed case? nope
    6 in a Four? IDK, doubt it

Comment

• Haiku
      • Mar 2011

I have an Ultima 6 speed. I don't care what I swap it with. Just so long as it's a direct replacement. I was told a screaming eagle 6 speed is a direct replacement. I'll remove the 6 speed and swap it with a 5 speed gear set if that works too. Just trying to get info from anyone who's removed the Ultima set for a better set.

Comment

• KevinN
        • May 2014

Need the appropriate tools and pullers in addition to the actual parts. By the way your question is worded it sounds like you may not have the tools to swap. As noted you will need a 5 speed shift drum and forks. What kind of issues are you having with your ultima six speed to want to do this?

Comment

• Haiku
          • Mar 2011

I do not have the tools but I got a few acquaintances who could help with that. I've had shifting issues since day 1 with it (4yrs). Recently I've had a ton of vibration while riding. It's not due to my front end (brand new) My question is precautionary. I got some funds set aside if my gears end up scared, etc. I'm curious if I can do a direct gear swap? If so which one. I'm hoping someone here can just lay down everything is need to get. Then take it from there.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;