Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackIrish
    • Nov 2013

Dual disk to single disk on 03 sporty

So i made myself some nice new 12" apes for my 03 sporty xl1200S and i got the +12 burly line kit. everything is going great so far other than the fat that i overlooked my dual disk front brakes and now burly sent me the line for single disk. i dont want to buy another new line and i doubt burly is gona exchange the line for a dual line since i bought it off some guy on ebay. Anybody have any advice or opinion on this. can i just bypass the other line and run my line straight to the brake and use one side? is it gonna lock up my wheel faster? should i just bite the bullet and find and buy a dual line kit? I wanted to have this thing running this weekend and now i might be without front brakes!!!
  • Blackbetty
    • Apr 2011

Get a 2nd line and do it right. That master cylinder is designed around a dual disk system, running just a single line off that MC to a single caliper will most likely produce a very wooden feel.

Comment

• WinstonWolf
      • Feb 2013

Dennis Kirk ships until 20:00.

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

I have a solution that will utilize the Burly hose you have and retain dual disc. Look at the front brakes on many late model sport bikes. Many of them run one brake hose from the master down to one of the calipers, and then another hose from that caliper up over the fender to the other caliper. So you would need to buy a double banjo bolt, a hose, two elbows, some sealing washers. Bleed it, done.

Comment

• BlackIrish
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by daroberts3
          I have a solution that will utilize the Burly hose you have and retain dual disc. Look at the front brakes on many late model sport bikes. Many of them run one brake hose from the master down to one of the calipers, and then another hose from that caliper up over the fender to the other caliper. So you would need to buy a double banjo bolt, a hose, two elbows, some sealing washers. Bleed it, done.
          oh man this is the answer ive been hoping for! do you think you could find a picture of that set up and post it or send it to me just so i have an idea of how im actually doing it...ordered a double banjo bolt two seconds after i read your post so i am all about this idea! thanks buddy

Comment

• daroberts3
            • Dec 2012

google is your friend. Image search '06 Suzuki GSXR

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;