CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Anyone running stroker shovels?

Ok guys so I am currently running a 1980 motor with 74 in jugs bored 30 over with S&S cases, 4 3/4 stroke flywheels, and a Sifton XB cam. Anyone out there running a similar motor?

Get Adobe Flash player

Sure about that combo? not the per-usual set-up. Pistons would have to be one off to make any kind of compression. Have you actually measured the bore? Also try to read the serial number off the flywheels through the timing hole.
    I've got 4-3/4" stroke flywheels and 3-5/8" "big bore" barrels. And I had to run stroker plates and K-B pistons meant for my combo.
    What exactly do you want to know?

Get Adobe Flash player

Yean man, im sure its S&S 4-3/4 stroke wheels running stock bore forged pistons on 74in .30 over jugs. Just finished the build now the cam i was mistaken on it is a sifton RE-118 cam and I just purchased a set of stock bore s&s heads to go on it today. I ride it every day but was having major blow-by issues. Ran it to the denton meet and back got back to town 200 miles later and found that the rear rocker nuts had worked loose took the heads off to rebuild seeing as i had not done that yet and ran into some strange issues. S&s claims their heads are good for up to .590 lift and from what i can find a sifton 118 runs .575 lift but runs .223 at TDC so i have a call into S&S to see if this combo will fit. I love the motor walks on 88 twinkies like its cool just was having some head issues and wanted to solve it with a once and for all fix. I only put the post to see if anyone was still stroking them. Yeah i got the numbers off the whole already hell i split the cases and rebuilt the wheels all the way up to the heads and ran outta cash, guess i shoulda kept going.

Get Adobe Flash player

Should be a good cam for ya, Are you using stock ratio rocker arms?
    Do you mean rocker shaft nuts or rocker box nuts?
    Some stoker combos can have the piston rings pass the drain back passage at the bottom of the cylinders.
    A blown head gasket can pull oil into the combustion chamber or leak combustion pressure into the drain back passage at the gasket without seeing/feeling it from the outside. pull the head bolts just outside of that passage and see if they are oily.
    Are the pistons meant for a stroker, what's your static compression ratio, and cranking press?
    Did you clearance the cases for the crank-pin nut, and build up the oil scraper for the smaller diameter fly-wheels?
    Balance the rotating assembly? Open the breather pocket window?

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm running a 4 1/2" stroke in 74" cylinders and I had to braze up the oil return holes in the cylinders and return the oil into the cases instead. If not done then the rings go down past the oil return holes and bring oil up into the top end. Need panhead gaskets for the cylinder base.

Share This