CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 40 of 50 First ... 303839404142 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by spidr View Post
    That seat design looks slick. Is the padding going to come past your metal flange though?
    Thanks man. It will come past it by an inch or more. It will be recessed in the pocket by about 1/4".

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my foot controls done......Just need to put some limits on the pedals, and I think my clutch is stuck
    Just another thing on the list to fix I guess.
    Got the petcock and bungs in the tank, and the wife stopped by to approve the footpeg position.

Get Adobe Flash player

Long way to go but at least she's on the ground.

Get Adobe Flash player

Awesome.

Get Adobe Flash player

We're almost to "the end" of the fab work, hows everyone else doing?

Get Adobe Flash player

Finally starting to get a little bit of progress on the sporty, finally got most of the shovels kinks worked out and the boss went out of town for the weekend so no working on other peoples junk instead of mine. Too bad i have homework to get done or i may be a little further along.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	48442

Get Adobe Flash player

DONE

Just finished the bike on saturday. Started up first kick!

plan on taking some more detail shots but right now riding is taking priority.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by spidr View Post
    We're almost to "the end" of the fab work, hows everyone else doing?
    Chugging along at 6 man hours a week. Got the lower ball joint mounted this week, will be able to start on the control arms soon. Steered upright is coming out spot on in terms of dimensions and alignment, but is well over target weight. Leaves me no worries about strength, and has all the adjustments I wanted, so a good model to use as a base for a second gen made of lighter material and without the added weight of optional adjustments.
    Also figured out what should be a better way to jig up the control arm supports. Basically build a big wooden triple clamp type deal to hold them in position, then weld to the frame. Makes sure the are aligned to the original headset, and is much easier than tying to jig them to align to the motor mounts as I had been planning. With a good jig like that, I won't need to worry nearly as much about precision cutting the support pieces, and may be able to use the metal worker in the shop as a monster nibbler to cut them.

Edit - added photos with ball joint mounted. Had to cut the mounting hole with a hole saw on my drill (machine shop is being moved) which took FOREVER. That bridge plate has WAY to much metal in places it doesn't need, next step is to shave it down and drill in some lightness, once the machine shop is back up. Same with the upper mount and some other bits. Ball joint bolt holes were tapped into the bridge plate, so the threads won't ovalize the holes and allow shifting under brake loading.

Ball joint can also be mounted on top side of bridge plate, which changes the anti-dive behavior (makes it weaker, but with a higher slope- IE, the shown position might range 80-110%, top position would range 30%-90%).

Last edited by 53Bash; 05-27-2014 at 9:41 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default #12

Been having some issues with my back again but have gotten some stuff done. Front end is rebuilt and powder coated. Shaved the fender mounts in the process. got the bars done as well as the fender mount. Polished the "spear point" part of the Devils tail and powder coated the rest. Got most of the molding on the tanks done and primed/wet sanded. Motor is re assembled and got the pipes started today.

photo 20140526_180232_zps4602fdca.jpg

photo 20140526_180128_zpse3e56822.jpg

photo 20140526_180136_zps9cc7874d.jpg

photo 20140526_180050_zpse1143840.jpg

Get Adobe Flash player

Default #12

Mock up's almost done. Waiting on the battery then I can build the batt box and that should be it before tearing it all down again

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Kawi GPz750 build...

Just a short update- haven't been working too much on the build as I have been buried at work, and the weather has been great here in Tahoe, so more riding than wrenching.

But... Got the frame back from the Fab shop today, and fuck if he didnt make the tail 4 iches too long. I verified the measurements with him twice, but he just went ahead and did what he thought was best. So Im gonna go with it anyway, and see how it turns out- it just wont have the short tail feel i was going for. But im gonna just rattle can the paint myself now versus powder coat, so if I end up chopping it up later cause it sucks, i wont have that much $$ into the color. Also got the forks torn down, man that oil was nasty. gonna finish stripping them, soak 'em for awhile and then rebuild them. Also got the bearings out, so the rims are ready for sandblasting and paint too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	48510

Name:	photo 3-1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	48511

Name:	photo 1-2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	48512

Name:	photo 5.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	48513
    Last edited by Farnie; 05-29-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Lowbrow Customs Supports The Greasy Dozen with Gift Certificates for all 12!

I want to give a very special thanks to our friends at Lowbrow Customs for their support of the Greasy Dozen. The Dozen 2014 builders will find gift certificates in your email RIGHT NOW!

Thanks again to www.lowbrowcutoms.com for support the GD Garage Builder's Collective for 2014!

-Bear

Name:	lb.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	48631
    Last edited by Eloso; 06-01-2014 at 6:37 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I made some new aluminum carb tops......And moved the headlight.........Built some brakes.......
    The chop is Bike of the Month on The Yamaha Forum, which is pretty cool.
    Tins left Friday with the painter, I was gonna get one of the awesome guys off here to do them, but I've known this guy for about 8 years, hes got a true booth in his garage at home, and hes an old school biker. When I bumper into him a few weeks back he was stoked to do them, bonus is hes just up the road.
    Motor comes out of the frame Tuesday so we can get everything welded/drilled for wires/tabs for all the lines, and out to powdercoat end of the week.......

Get Adobe Flash player

Almost off topic, but still cool.

The other day, my mom(who works for me), was kind of making fun of my shop monkey for the little bell on the Duece he just bought. And as much as I was making fun of him anyways, I had to stop her and explain the concept of the Gremlin bell.
    I guess if you dont know, you wouldnt undertand.
    She asked why I didnt have one on mine, and I explained because noone had ever given me one. I had a friend/customer of mine here and he overheard, and today stopped by with coffee, and a little velvet bag, and he told me it would help with my trip.

Very stoked......Its a dumb little piece, but I love it.
    And it made for a perfect opportunity. My daughter is a huge part of this thing, and this is the first piece shes taken start to finish without me stepping in somewhere along the line.
    She made a little cardboard template, programmed it out, cut it on the cnc, cleaned it, and welded it up.

Needless to say I've got a big shit eating grin on my face, and I'm seriously proud of her.

Get Adobe Flash player

Very cool that your daughter is part of the build, gotta be a proud dad!
    Cheers!

Get Adobe Flash player

Closing out the little things before sending it out to the powdercoater. Finally finished up the grab bar

Get Adobe Flash player

That reminds me of a BMX peg. I love it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well it's been a bit since I've updated. I've been busy with other stuff but I have gotten a little done.

I got my 21" mini drum mounted up on the front. Had to turn down the axle then turn a spacer to flesh it back out inside the fork leg. I got it mounted up. I just need to turn the spacer for the other side yet..

I also got my rear wheel and a new tire. I can't seem to find anything wider than a 4.00-18 and I didn't get the tread I wanted so I'm not real tickled with the result. I need a different fender too.

I turned some solid riser bushings and the start to my riserless handlebars.

Get Adobe Flash player

Shiny.......

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 12

Got the bike stripped down again. Blasted the frame, swing arm and side covers. Got everything hung and wiped down this morning

photo 20140606_220110_zps3e0f4195.jpg

Primed up!

photo 20140607_114527_zps2da0bf9f.jpg

Share This