Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crush1776
    • May 2011

Classified Rant BUYER BEWARE!!!

Yup, this is a bitch session, so maybe it gets deleted/ junkpiled but....

First of all, if you advertise something in the classifieds BE PREPARED TO SHIP IT WITHIN A FEW DAYS IF SOMEONE PAYS YOU!!!!

Everyone wants to be paid as a gift to avoid paypal fees but guess what, It makes you a huge fucking douchebag if you don't send the merch. I do not care what the fuck is going on in your life, guess what, we all have shit going on, it's called LIFE!!!!

I just called out my latest offender in the shit list, and I feel somewhat fortunate that it was a small amount, but honestly the 3 out of the last 5 things I bought I had to hound the people to ship it.

BUYER BEWARE: the classifieds are full of slackers that will take your money and jerk you around for WEEKS if not MONTHS. If someone fucks you over, call them out in the Shitlist AND put a comment on their page.

I feel better now.
  • YOURADHERE
    • Jan 2011

The exact reason I never send Paypal payments as gifts. If its something I want/need bad enough I'll throw in a couple extra bucks to cover fees every so often. If a seller isn't content with that then odds are their intention is to rip you off.

Comment

• 40whacks
      • Sep 2009

Fuckin A right man!

"I definitely want it" ....."I'll send the money ASAP"

Fucking window shoppers.....on top of late shippers......

Glad you called it out....there should be a rating given for classifieds sellers...like eBay...least lull know who your dealing with...

Comment

• ThePete
        • Nov 2011

I agree, unless you know or have dealt with an individual or someone who has a solid reputation vouches for them assume everyone is out to screw you. I don't mean to come off sounding like a paranoid asshole but you have to protect yourself, and if its something you think you can't live without offer to pay a bit extra to cover the fees as insurance. If you are a seller add a bit to the price of what you're selling if you need X amount so after fees to get what you're asking for it. I've been fortunate that everyone I've dealt with through paypal have been stand up individuals, but every single one didn't whine or complain about fees either. Also if its a hand crafted item expect to be added to the list of people in line before your order, chances are if you have a bit of a wait because of your spot in line there's a reason for it. Hand crafted quality doesn't mean over night shipping or next day air you get your shit in 2-3 business days.

Comment

• Badassbrutus
          • Sep 2009

Buyin and sellin here is worse than craigslist,,,,Overpriced and crappy service.With all the shiity folks rippin folks of if you pay with pp as a gift your a dumb ass .The shit list Grows on a daily basis that should tell you something about buying and sellin on CC..Its turned to shit use to be real nice met some cool folks and some friggin shitters as well...

Comment

• sixball
            • Jan 2011

I've posted about the Paypal "Gift: before and it sets the buyer AND the seller up for failure. I sold an item once and was paid as a gift. I sent the part, the buyer said he didn't get it. I had no way to open a claim with Paypal since it was a "gift" so in the end I was out the part and the cash. Paypal is onto the whole gift thing and they won't help you out at all, buyer or seller, because when it's a gift, there is no buyer or seller, get it???

I ship everything with signature confirmation now. Some people bitch because they work durring the day and miss the Mailman, but it protects my ass, as well as insures YOU get your part(s) and they aren't stollen off your porch.

Sixball

Comment

• crush1776
              • May 2011

Obviously lots of other issues to consider with the classifieds. I will never pay someone as a gift again, but really HAVE SOME FUCKING INTEGRITY people. You take the time to take a picture, post up an ad, go online to withdraw my money from your account FUCKING SHIP THE PART!!!!

If you don't you are a FUCKING THIEF!!!!! Which is just one wrung on the evolutionary ladder above a rapist or a murderer...

Comment

• ElekVins
                • May 2011

Originally posted by 40whacks

Glad you called it out....there should be a rating given for classifieds sellers...like eBay...least lull know who your dealing with...
                This would make the classified such a great place !
                We need that.
                Can the owner or mods make such improvment?

Comment

• Motocrash
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YOURADHERE
                  The exact reason I never send Paypal payments as gifts. If its something I want/need bad enough I'll throw in a couple extra bucks to cover fees every so often. If a seller isn't content with that then odds are their intention is to rip you off.
                  This.
                  I always offer to kick in a couple to cover fees. IMHO tho, they are used parts, the seller should just figure the fees into the price up front. Any more, asking for "gift" is my first warning that it may not be on the up-and-up and even if I want the part, I usually move on. I've bought a bunch of stuff off the classifieds here, most of the transactions have been stellar but the percentage that have been shitty is ridiculously high. The ball cupping/shitlist threads help a little but it some folks won't call out a long term member for a fucked deal even if he is a serial douchebag.
                  I doubt anything will ever be done to improve it tho, the administrators gain nothing from good transactions and loose nothing from the bad so they seem content to just let it be.

Comment

• ROLLO
                    • Jan 2011

British King Tiger AKA Rob Gibson , This guy smoked me on a motor rebuild for 2000.00 . Didnt do anything to the motor same old parts inside .

Comment

• HumblePie68
                      • Dec 2010

I admit to being slow at shipping at times ( though it is not intentional), though try to be on top of it. Though there are times when "life" gets in the way along with other things.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                        • Sep 2011

Dont we already have a thread for this?

Comment

• Evidence
                          • Sep 2012

It has nothing to do with paranoia, it has to do with the fact that people just don't give a shit. I'm the same way, there has been a ton of shit that's come through the classifieds that I wanted, but I've read too many horror stories so I usually pass them up.

I'm to the point now, where if I cant get a part I need from Lowbrow then ill say fuck it and wait for a swap meet or go dig through other peoples parts. I'm not into putting my hard earned money out there so some guy can use it to buy beer and then leave my part sitting on his work bench for 2 months while he makes excuses about "how busy he's been at work"...

Just like someone said above, no integrity.

Comment

• JOKERSIRON1984
                            • Dec 2012

Gets in the way...

Originally posted by HumblePie68
                            I admit to being slow at shipping at times ( though it is not intentional), though try to be on top of it. Though there are times when "life" gets in the way along with other things.
                            Ok in future when i want a part im gonna get you to ship it to me, when i get the part then i will pay you. IF life dint get in the way.

Comment

• tobiism
                              • Aug 2009

I am more than sick of people who tell you they want something, then dont respond for 24 hours and then tell you they need to wait until the end of the week to pay you. That shit drives me crazy.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;