CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: xs650 hartail

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default xs650 hartail

will be ordering my hard tail kit tomorrow. i know it really comes up to preference, just want to get your input...i noticed certain builds like the fong bros have left the triangle piece cant really say if it was for looks or what. i think i read somewhere it allows you to keep your stock controls, is that correct? i guess question is to keep or not to keep that ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fong bros.jpg   fong bros 2.jpg  
    Last edited by VV760; 06-20-2013 at 8:45 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

few pics of some bad ass bikes with it off..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scotts xs650.jpg   xs650-chop-noid.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Personally I think it looks great. Just a cosmetic preference. May stiffen up the rear due to the triangular bracing. I don't like the rear to look too open.

I would think it makes squeezing a electronics tank and battery in there harder and if you are a sticker for shaving weight it won't come free there.

But since I picked up my XS after someone had already stuck a TC tail on there I don't have it. Do what ya like!

Get Adobe Flash player

hey thanks for replying..yea like i said it really comes to preference..any one else?

Get Adobe Flash player

personally I like it without the brace. if you really need the triangulation, then look up stroker brace, it would be a piece of pipe shaped roughly like a boomerang to keep upper & lower frame rails from moving. the term was old wording. but stock engines you would be ok without.

Randy

Get Adobe Flash player

I like the Fong Bros style. There are certain things that are distinct features of an XS - the stock foot peg section, the ugly front motor mount/radiator-looking thing...

If you search a bit, I think I remember reading a post from the Fongs about how they do the hardtail and keep that section. I think they cut it off carefully , and then add it back after the hardtail is put on, which would be a lot more involved than just hacking it off and doing the hardtail by itself. If I had the welding/fab skill, I'd do it like the Fongs though.

Share This