Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redhorsetattoo
    • May 2012

She Rides

The lady love of mine grumped at the sight of my bike the first time she saw it. Not because it was a two wheeled death machine, not because she could imagine every bike skank out there wanting to touch my balls, and not because my love of all things two wheeled had come before her in the past. No, she harrumphed the shit out of my chop because it had one seat and would only have one seat ever. She wants to know why she can't ride with me. She wants to know why wouldn't WANT her to ride with me. She's gorgeous. She's fun. She doesn't yap my ear off. She's a good chick. Still, I don't want her, or any other on the back of my bike.

I asked her, "do you want to be with me when I'm riding?" Yes she does "good. You have a class that starts Thursday afternoon. If you don't take the class, you can't hang out with me on the bike." She says ok. She gets to the Harleydavidson stealership and walks into class to learn to ride for the next 4 days. Upon her "graduation", she comes home to a shadow sitting in the carport. She's on that Honda constantly. Loves every minute of it.

So here is my question, I hate passengers on my bike, and I never want one there no matter how pretty her ass is. Am I the minority? I don't want pillion seat, two up, king and queen, none of it. I ride for myself. It's my therapy. Keeps my little bit of sanity intact if I can ride when I can.

Put her on her own bike. Maybe she can keep up. See? I can be down with women's lib too.
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

My late wife was a biker so no training required, but we preferred to ride separately because motorcycles are fundamentally a single-person vehicle.

I don't mind keeping the passenger option since it's been handy over the years, but prefer to ride solo.

She on the other hand ran solo seats to discourage any requests for a ride because some men can be assholes to female bikers.

When one guy (before my time) she wanted nothing to do with got a bit pushy she stuck a Kotex on her rear fender and told him basically "here's your bitch pad". He got the hint....

Comment

• 904Punk
      • Jun 2012

I've never liked it either, I've actually had more guys on the back than chicks. I've never cared for king and queen seats before but recently got hooked on them for some weird reason and two of my bikes will be getting them now.

Comment

• Massyamaha
        • Mar 2013

I will be building two bikes, a solo and a 2 seater. I ride for the alone time.

Comment

• nunez8853
          • Apr 2024

I dont like it either so i have only one seat and took off the passenger pegs.

i think its more so i dont want to be held responsible for some dumb chick falling off the back or getting hurt because she didnt know how to take a turn.

Id rather get an extra bike and have the chick follow than to be on the back but thats just me...

Comment

• knucks
            • May 2013

Hate riding two up, the broad enjoys it from time to time so the pegs are there just incase but always have the solo on.

Comment

• JMFNC
              • May 2011

I wouldn't mind my wife learning to ride but there are benefits to packing her

Comment

• antblyme
                • Sep 2011

Every time my wife goes for a ride with me I break down. I like rising solo much better.

Comment

• 904Punk
                  • Jun 2012

I will say I've been getting more accustomed to having the OL on the back. Until not too long ago I was never one to have an OL but since I do now I've found I prefer her to ride with me because I just hate riding in cars so when we go out it's ether she rides on the back or we take the truck, easy decision for me.

Comment

• Siempre
                    • Dec 2012

The Wife loved to ride with me until a rainy day run in with a dude running a red light (basically resorted in a mean powerslide to a stop that scared her to death). She reacted well during it, had just graduate from Riding School, but now wants nothing to do with them. So the decision was made for me on that one. Now I just have to find a way to convince her to jump back on that saddle. The first 'almost-wreck' can be a scary one, and hard for a lot of people to get over. I just hope she does!
                    Last edited by Siempre; 06-09-2013, 8:55 PM. Reason: 'read' vs 'red'

Comment

• NIGHTTIGER666
                      • Jul 2012

I just clicked on this for the Danzig reference.

Comment

• Redhorsetattoo
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by NIGHTTIGER666
                        I just clicked on this for the Danzig reference.
                        Was waiting on a Danzig reference. Or Samhain even.

Comment

• 904Punk
                          • Jun 2012

Was going to post the song, but felt lazy since I'm on the phone...
                          Last edited by 904Punk; 06-09-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• undeadfred1
                            • Jul 2012

same deal here. my wife used to race dirt bikes. she taught me how to ride in the yard. we both bought bikes the same day so we could ride together. no one is riding on the back of my bike. well cept her when we were both drunk at the smokeout. lol no pegs, no seat haha

Comment

• FredoSNR
                              • Jun 2010

I never wanted to have a passenger on my bike, always figured a broad would look better riding her own, but the past year I have gotten more into the idea of a chick on the back. Something about how vulnerable a motorcycle passenger is makes me realize that if a girl wants to be sitting behind you all the time, that's a down-ass chick with a lot of trust in you. I dig that.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;