Reproduction pre unit oil tank from India?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mandreas
    • Jun 2010

Reproduction pre unit oil tank from India?

Hey folks,

I've been looking high and low for an acceptable pre unit oil tank for a new build. The bike is a '53 Thunderbird in a swingarm frame with a David Bird hardtail and I can across a listing on eBay from a company in India making reproductions of British parts. The listing is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-T90-...item1c2e917879

It looks reasonably good and is priced fairly, I think, but my question is has anyone had experience with these? Anyone buy one of these Indian parts and have a horror story?

Also, if anyone is selling a pre unit oil tank for a swingarm frame I'll send cash TODAY!

Thanks as always.
  • bigxrdoug
    • May 2011

hell they make a lot of stuff,sorry can't help with tank as I'm using mine.

Comment

• outlawpete650
      • Apr 2024

ive had an enfield india , aka made in india tins seemed well made ,

Comment

• Trinda
        • Apr 2024

my gas tank is from India. Well made - if only a touch heavy as I think they used thicker steel than original (or maybe I'm used to original tanks that have been blasted so many times they're effectively a thinner gauge). Not that that matters. surprisingly fast shipping! a good experience, though - wouldn't have any hesitations doing it again.

Comment

• vorhese
          • Jul 2010

do you want a pre-unit swing arm tank (which you asked for) or a rigid tank, which you pictured? You should be able to get a used of either for less than the repop.

Comment

• Speciman
            • Nov 2012

I was thinking of buying a gas tank but the freight is outrageous. The tanks are priced like US tanks and then the f**king freight makes me wonder if they ever sell any of that shit they have listed.

Comment

• Torch
              • Jul 2009

I bought a swingarm pre unit battery box from India,.....never used it, it is was a big waste of money, Some guy said to me ..."Ah, that don't look so bad" ....so I gave it to him.

the box itself was hand hammered out of some old rusty cast iron bathtub and the mounting tabs were not only in the wrong places but they were made out of 22 gauge sheet metal all welded together with coat hangers by Stevie Wonder .

I had a customer bring in one of the rigid oil tanks...it looked the same.
              Last edited by Torch; 04-24-2013, 9:25 PM.

Comment

• mandreas
                • Jun 2010

Thanks for the advice, Tony. In the pictures, the tank doesn't look so bad but I was wondering about those tabs. Back to the swaps and classifieds!

Comment

• mandreas
                  • Jun 2010

Vorhese, I'm looking for a swingarm tank. You selling one?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;