Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BurdetteDR
    • Jul 2016

Your bike is seriously cool man. I can’t come up with a bad thing to say about it

Comment

• ctluba
      • Apr 2013

That has to be a record haha, but thanx

Comment

• BurdetteDR
        • Jul 2016

Do you mind posting some photos of the adapted triple trees? Was going to do a buell swap for ease of conversion, but the gold anodized gsxr forks got me. Sounded like it was pretty straight forward from reading your other posts.

Comment

• ctluba
          • Apr 2013

I will post a pic when I get home. I had a shop put the Harley stem into the gixxer lower triple. Since the gixxer top triple is thicker than the Harley top triple, the stem comes up to short to get a nut on it. The top of the stem is basically flush with the top of the gixxer top triple. so the guy made a custom bolt / cap to replace the top nut on the stem. Its real clean looking and strong. Pics later

Comment

• ctluba
            • Apr 2013

This is the Harley stem in the Gixxer triple. I think he charged me $100 for the swap and like $30 for the custom bolt, if i recall

Last edited by ctluba; 07-25-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Damn it boy it's good to see your still around..... Hope your doing well???

Comment

• ctluba
                • Apr 2013

Ya, Im around, doing well, working, riding, cant complain . I wanna get the CB going. Let it sit with gas in carbs for to long, now need a clean / rebuild. But things are good.

She lives, just needs freshening
                Last edited by ctluba; 07-26-2018, 3:09 PM.

Comment

• misfitJason
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ctluba
                  Ya, Im around, doing well, working, riding, cant complain . I wanna get the CB going. Let it sit with gas in carbs for to long, now need a clean / rebuild. But things are good.

She lives, just needs freshening
                  That's a cool CB. Just checking in here to tell you I am the one that bought your oem swing arm when I was building my custom softail. I am still running it, although my motor is getting a little long in the tooth

Comment

• Davestune
                    • May 2014

Even though I ride this freak show, I do hang out with regular guys, I swear!!! haha

My buddies sick 95 fatboy

wow that sucks man, Hope your buddys bike gets better.
                    I hate when a bike gets sick

Comment

• ctluba
                      • Apr 2013

I remember your screen name misfit. Glad the swingarm worked out for ya

Comment

• Hubbard
                        • Dec 2010

Hey guys, I am new over here. I built this bike last fall and tweaked it over the winter. I have built a couple of other bikes, but this is my first Harley. Basically an untrained "hobby builder" with basic tools, so dont be too rough on me. This build is on a couple other forums, but hey, its Sunday afternoon and I am drinkin, so may as well join a new forum!!!

When I brought her home. 1990 softail custom with fat boy tins. Bike also has some cams, screaming eagle ignition and short shots. Pulls real strong for an 80".

Pulled off the rear end

That is some heavy duty calculatin you got goin on that chalk board. What is that the reentry speed of the space shuttle????

Comment

• ctluba
                          • Apr 2013

Hahahahah, its not that fast Hubbard!!! After all its just an 80" evo. But it pulls pretty good and I probably dropped a 100 lbs off the bike and I have real breaks now. Its just a rat rod cruiser really, but fun as hell

But re-reading your post, i thought you were asking if the bike was fast. now im not sure hahahaha
                          Last edited by ctluba; 07-27-2018, 5:53 PM.

Comment

• ctluba
                            • Apr 2013

Here is a pic of the bolt / cap the guy made me

Comment

• BurdetteDR
                              • Jul 2016

Ok, I appreciate the photo man. Do you mind if I expand upon it for my build? I was thinking of a spanner nut to tighten down the top triple that has a similar shape to yours. From there, a “cap” would go on top that would interlock with the spanner nut (think male/female relationship) and be locked down with the bolt in the center. Your bike has been a large inspiration to me considering they are of the same generation of softail and you made the gsxr swap seen like no big deal. Thanks for your help and any further input you give

Comment

• ctluba
                                • Apr 2013

Sure, glad the pics help. Keep wrenchin

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;