Let's See Some: Chopped wiring diagrams!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnyhemi
    • Feb 2013

Anybody wanna school me at how to basic wire a vstar650 running headlight horn tail light. Or if possible have a simple diagram an idiot like myself can follow

Comment

• perezmaximus
      • Feb 2011

[QUOTE][/Anybody wanna school me at how to basic wire a vstar650 running headlight horn tail light. Or if possible have a simple diagram an idiot like myself can followQUOTE] That would be nice.

Comment

• ProfessorKaos
        • Mar 2014

What size wire is acceptable to run for the ground from batt to frame? Is 9ga heavy enough? 81 cb750, only running headlight, taillight, and elec start.

Comment

• Sky
          • Aug 2009

If your running a starter make it at least as heavy as the hot wire/cable going to the starter. Wire from bat to solenoid should be this size as well.
          If it's kick only, at least as heavy as the charge wire from the regulator.
          This holds true for almost any bike.

Comment

• williamleeson
            • May 2015

Looking for a simplified wiring diagram for a 2003 vstar 1100. Its my first build and I want to simplify everything and do it right

Comment

• tdc
              • May 2015

I stripped down the wiring diagram for a GL1100, can anyone kinda give it a glance over? I would be super thankful! Want to start wiring it up in the next few days and would like a 2nd set of eyes on it, if possible. I'm also including the original diagram, in case that's helpful.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda Goldwing GL1100 Standard 1980 to 1982 Color Schematic-143FC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	1283219 Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda Goldwing GL1100 Standard 1980 to 1982 Color Schematic-stripped down.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1283218

Comment

• wAc
                • May 2015

tdc, you killed that shit..

Comment

• metalheart28
                  • Feb 2014

looking for a simplified diagram for a 84 Honda nighthawk 700 sc

Comment

• vmang1
                    • Jun 2015

need kz650 barebones wiring HELP

My first bike build ever so I'm new. I am a big muscle car gear head so I assumed can't be "that bad!"..... Hahaha.....I have a chopped rigid kz650..... I just want it to run. F the signal and lights and all the doodads...I can deal with that later. I just want the key to start the bike. Wiring diagram only please...?

Comment

• vmang1
                      • Jun 2015

Looking for a kz650 diagram for barebones wiring. No lights or signals. Just want to get it started....

Comment

• SSwolf666
                        • Apr 2015

07 Honda rebel chopped down wiring, anyone???

Comment

• Roe1880
                          • Jun 2015

Hello folks... Looking through this thread & hopefully someone can help me out.. I found a few diagrams that might work but i'm a total newb & this is my 1st project..SOOO I have a '91 HD sportster 1200 that I'm doing bobber/chopper style but with lights. It had a bunch of circuit breakers all over & i'm interested in adding a fuse box & keep the rest as simple as possible. Any & all help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ironhead1968
                            • Jun 2015

hi all . i need a wiring d for a 1981 suzuki gs 850. i found one but old age and bad eyes cant get it done. is there a bigger one you can pm me with or post here? tks. i can do old points with no problem but the spark box gets me. also need the color code from box to where it goes. just dumb it up for a old burnout and ill get it.

Comment

• SSwolf666
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jetblack
                              Here ya go, 96-09 CMX you didnt specify model so... I changed it to an automotive style key started ignition switch, and used a regular starter solenoid to bypass all the lockout nonsense. A diode should be placed between the White and Blue headlight beam wires, so a toggle can switch from HI to Lo beam...

Click to enlarge:

[ATTACH]45638[/ATTACH]

diode information as follows:

Direction: Cathode end (negative side of the diode) connects to the low beam wire here's what that looks like:

Size? Time for math
                              P for Power / watts... I for Current / amperage... E for Volts
                              P = I x E
                              I = P / E
                              So lets say you have a 35 watt Lo and a 35 watt Hi
                              35+35 watts = 65 watts and of course 12 volts, so 65 divided by 12...

I = 65w / 12v
                              I = 5.4 amps

Typically to be safe you'd want to double that, but diodes do have an effect on power draw and could dim your shit a tad if you go too high on the amp rating, if you have an inline fuse on the lighting circuit then no worries the fuse will pop if there's an overload so 5.4 amps a 6A diode and a fuse for protection, no fuse then a 10 will be ample to protect the diode circuit.

Don't forget to find out what your watts are, then add those numbers together, then divide that number by 12 to get your diode rating, the two 35 watt bulbs was just an example. So take whatever watts bulb or dual beams such as fogs added together you are going to use and plug that in instead of the 35...
                              I'm not seeing a diagram Jetblack.

Comment

• JetBlackII
                                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by SSwolf666
                                I'm not seeing a diagram Jetblack.
                                eh when we made new site changeovers it fucked up our picture engine.... kinda took the steam out of my sails fucking with this shit having to repeat and repost all the time.

so hopefully I can just say it and avoid reposting this for the 4th or 5th time around these parts. hi beam and lo beam wires from switch to dual lamps slap a diode between them so power can flow to one bulb but not the other... ex: when you flip the switch to lo from hi one stays on and from lo to hi both come on, test direction before splicing in the diode for the top or bottom beam to make sure the one you want for lo or hi to be on. I am not gonna divulge their aiming for maximum efficency to light them up... some shit needs to be figured out by trial and error ya know?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;