Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaBallard
    • Jul 2009

Fellow rider Cody Biggs Injured

Not the kind of news you want to read but I know that some of you have heard of Cody's accident. Scott from Chemical Candy is requesting that we pull together and help out a fellow rider.

CM_Taboo-Dominant1

"Cody Biggs is a Tattoo Artist at Taboo Tattoo in Dallas TX . He is a great friend of mine and a single father with custody of his 4 yr old daughter Joey. Cody grew up in Deep Ellum in Dallas TX, Raised by his parents, Jimmy and Sharon Flatte, who are both Tattoo Artists and have been tattooing in Deep Ellum for over 20 years. On Friday March 15th, Cody was on his way to work at Taboo Tattoo and he was in a serious motorcycle accident. A car pulled out in front of him on Buckner - he was not at fault. Cody broke both arms, both legs, ribs, collapsed lung, feet, and many more injuries too graphic to list. He will likely be out of work and need full time care for the better part of 2013 to recover. We do expect a full recovery however a long road of rehabilitation. "

IMG_20130317_031708

Cody's family is very proud and does not want to start a "benefit type effort" but we would like to help regardless. Even though Cody is insured we know there are costs his family will have to endure that will add up fast. The tattoo and motorcycle community is always amazing in their support so lets show them the love. Cody will have to be moved out of his home and into full time care and his Mother and Stepfather will have to take full time care of his daughter till he can recover.

To donate - go to paypal and use [email protected] to send funds. Also - Chemical Candy will be auctioning off some helmets and all funds will go to helping Cody so look for those on this thread . They have started a Facebook page for those of you that want to support Cody through his recovery.

Thanks for your help!
  • MattD
    • Feb 2012

Contributed, wishing a speedy recovery and good luck

Comment

• Jetblack
      • Apr 2024

I hope Cody has a speedy recovery; it's never good news when a brother goes down.

Comment

• Gnarly
        • Jul 2012

Get well soon. I sent what I had in my PayPal. Ill help more when I can.

Comment

• 13clicks
          • Sep 2012

PayPal sent to a man down... But not out. Speedy recovery.

Comment

• thrashin85
            • Jun 2012

Sent some love via paypal. Everything counts. Best of luck man.

Comment

• 1waywardrider
              • Apr 2024

Just sent some $$ and hoping a speedy recovery!!

Comment

• LisaBallard
                • Jul 2009

Cody update: Today is day 13 in the hospital. It has been a long ride with lots of ups and downs. Just when you think he is out of the woods for the hard stuff, there is another bump in the road. First his medical update: Cody's right foot really took a hard hit and has been a major concern. Monday, they decided it best to amputate. At this point - they have taken about half his foot leaving his heal and ball of foot, which is better than loosing it from the ankle. The rehab can be quicker and prosthetic not as complex. We saw his X-rays and WOW..... his breaks in his arms and legs are not just one clean break but it looks more like if you shattered a vase on the ground and tried to super glue it back together. BUT...... the foot (what's left) is healing and the arms/legs/ribs are also healing. His mental state has become a big issue over the last 48 hours. When he came in, he was loopy from the drugs and he did take a blow to the head BUT he was able to state his name/dob/etc and even give an accurate account of the accident. Over the last 48 hours he has not known where he is or who we are. He hallucinates non-stop and has very little to no grasp on reality. The doctors are telling us they think it's likely to be temporary psychosis and not perm brain damage caused from exhaustion/meds/no sleep/infection/ect being the perfect storm of causes to mess your head up. There is another brain scan tomorrow. Legal: We originally thought the driver that caused this accident was insured. They are not nor do they posses a valid drivers licence. Cody does have health insurance to pay hospital bills and has auto insurance to cover his bike. But at this point it is not likely he will "get paid" in any way for this accident. In fact, he will likely be in a facility up to 6 months and out of work up to a year with no income to pay his bills or take care of his 4 yr old daughter which he has sole custody of. So..... we are very much still in the woods at this point but do see light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you so much to all of you who have written/donated to his fund/and offered your thoughts and prayers. It is still not a good time yet for visitors but we will let you know when that day comes. Thanks for your support!*
                This donation site was created by Scott from Chemical Candy/Backstreet B… James-Rev Frederick needs your support for Cody Biggs Motorcycle Accident Recovery

Chemical Candy Customs

Comment

• 13clicks
                  • Sep 2012

Bttt...

Come on riders! Help a brother out. He's in some serious shit it sounds. I gave $ome a couple weeks ago... It's super easy. Pop your email for PayPal. It took me all of 2min...

At least help his daughter out... She's just a lil thing not asking for all this headache.

Thanks

Comment

• SnakeArms
                    • Nov 2011

missed this before.. sent some support via paypal.

Comment

• tobiism
                      • Aug 2009

money sent. I'm currently four months down from a bad wreck and the only thing that saved my ass financially is having a disability insurance policy and uninsured /underinsured on my policy. You guys really need to make sure you get this kind of coverage. It doesn't cost a lot and it makes a world of difference! Think about all the fucking douchebags out there driving around without any kind of insurance. it only takes one pulling out in front of you to fuck you all up.

Comment

• pTc
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by tobiism
                        money sent. I'm currently four months down from a bad wreck and the only thing that saved my ass financially is having a disability insurance policy and uninsured /underinsured on my policy. You guys really need to make sure you get this kind of coverage. It doesn't cost a lot and it makes a world of difference! Think about all the fucking douchebags out there driving around without any kind of insurance. it only takes one pulling out in front of you to fuck you all up.
                        fellow broken winger, shoot him some cash
                        On dec 31st a suv t-boned me; cruising through an intersection w/o looking. I had the right of way and didn't see the guy until the last minute. Too late for me to maneuver.
                        Now I'm learning to walk again. Lucky to have my leg attached.

What happened to you?

Comment

• tobiism
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by pTc
                          fellow broken winger, shoot him some cash
                          On dec 31st a suv t-boned me; cruising through an intersection w/o looking. I had the right of way and didn't see the guy until the last minute. Too late for me to maneuver.
                          Now I'm learning to walk again. Lucky to have my leg attached.

What happened to you?
                          sent you a pm as not to clog up Cody's thread

Comment

• LinkBelt
                            • Oct 2010

Man this really sucks as I live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I really can't afford to send any cash right now My family sends our well wishes and prayers to Cody and his family. Any plans on putting his bike back together? I may not have cash to send but I'm a good welder and fabricator and will be glad to pitch in my skills.

Comment

• Shock
                              • Jun 2011

Wishing him the best in his recovery and reposted the link to my FB

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;