Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Br4denJ
    • Feb 2013

1981 Gs 550 Suzuki Chopper/Bobber Build

I am 18 years old and own a 1981 Gs 550. My plan is to turn it into a chopper. I stated by building a table and a jig to hold the bike on. After chopping the frame I used a conduit bender to figure my bends.

I the took my conduit to Dukes in Elk River and they bent my chromoly tubing up for me. While waiting I worked on the rear axle plates. I had to make a custom plate to fill in a void.

I also had to turn down some slugs to fit into my frame. When I got my chromoly back I had to cut it to length and test the fit up.

After cutting the chromoly to length I had to start notching it around the axle plate. All cutting is done with my angle grinder with a cut off wheel.

With the top section mocked up I started in on the bottom rails. I tacked everything in place and drilled my plug welds.

Now I have the main parts of the frame welded up it looks like this...

The seat is just for mockup. I bought a slimline solo seat for the bike and I plan on mounting it with a mono shock.
    ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

I have to motor in now and it is coming along good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Br4denJ; 03-01-2013, 10:23 PM.
  • Jetblack
    • Apr 2024

Hey; I am sure you are aware of the picture business...when you make a post, look for the little yellow square when making a post, it looks like mountains and a sun? Click that and paste the link in the dialog box for them to show up. Picture size can be important too typically 640x480 show up the best here.

Comment

• Br4denJ
      • Feb 2013

I did not know that. Thanks for the help. Maybes you could help me again. My pictures don't seem to be showing up. Does this mean they are too big? If so, how do I resize them?

Comment

• Jetblack
        • Apr 2024

Are you using Photobucket? If so run away the new beta is junk right now, the editor doesn't work and the links do not update properly.

I suggest image shack as a good working uncomplicated alternative; like photobucket used to be, before trying to become a social network and fucked up the image hosting...

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

• Br4denJ
          • Feb 2013

Thanks, I will look into it

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;