CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: DNA Springer?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

heres my dna. ive had it for a pretty long time. its loud and sketchy and kinda feels like its gonna explode when i hit a decent pothole. i ride the shit out of my bike pretty much every single day. its cool for a cheap ass front end. it would be nice to be able to afford a killer one and do it right but if i saved up the cash for the best parts on my bike id never get it done. i wanna ride too bad and i get impatient.
    Last edited by EnglandStGarage; 02-16-2010 at 1:55 AM.

killjoy408

DNA springers give off a "made in china" feeling IMO. I would save up for nicer one like a 45 parts depot springer. my .02

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDefcon View Post
    Oddly enough I like the half round to flat rear leg, but everyone has their own sense of taste. I rode one forever and had no problems, even crashed on that bike bad and the welds didnt break, just bent the metal!

Before

After
    that had to hurt. ouch!

Get Adobe Flash player

damn that crash pic is nasty.

Get Adobe Flash player

I think they are hidious and just plain bobo looking. But when you are so broke that you gotta borrow $20 off your mom to go to the strip club a $400 springer sounds and looks good. I think it rides like shit next to my wide glide but thats obvious. Can't go that fast on the highway unless I have a bitch on the back to keep the vibrations and hops down. Other than all that they seem to be tuff as nails. I've been doing shit like this since I put the fuck'n thing on it over a year ago.

Get Adobe Flash player

Nothing screams cheap more than a DNA springer. For $400 I'd get a regular front end until you could afford a safer one.

Get Adobe Flash player

You guys are making me regret my purchase. Just got it from fedex yesterday. It looks good to me for $400. I'm keeping my wide glide too so if it feels sketchy I'll just switch back. Keep hearing they bounce unless you have some extra weight on the bike. Shouldn't be a problem for me at 250lbs.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DirtFloorJim View Post
    You guys are making me regret my purchase. Just got it from fedex yesterday. It looks good to me for $400. I'm keeping my wide glide too so if it feels sketchy I'll just switch back. Keep hearing they bounce unless you have some extra weight on the bike. Shouldn't be a problem for me at 250lbs.
    I've re-read this thread and it appears the positive comments are coming from people who actually own DNA's. Opinions are just that, opinions, everyone has one. There are obviously better looking, higher priced springers (as with any part). I am running a DNA and weigh 250 as well...I say you run it and tell us what YOU think!

Get Adobe Flash player

ive got a dna on my scoot, got it raw, and let it rust.. looks pretty good, and performance wise its ok, but im on a rigid with bad clearance and a springer up front.. handling is gonna be a bit iffy anyway you look at it.

i'll rock the dna that i got for a whopping 250 (new), untill it falls apart, or i get motivated to make my own..

and i ride the crap out of it

Get Adobe Flash player

have a DNA and haven't had any problems what so ever. however the spings do tend to talk to you alot.

How often do any of you recommend greasing the rocker pivots? Also, why wouldn't it be possible to tap and thread for grease fittings?

Get Adobe Flash player

You can also use a needle style grease gun tip on very small, slightly countersunk holes if you don't want to tap for a much larger grease zerk.

You don't strictly need a fitting if you can still force grease through an assembly. Grease fittings provide a connection point and a check ball, that is all.

Get Adobe Flash player

Been riding one since 2008 when I finished my build. I have had no problems at all with it and a ton of miles. Rode it across I think I-90 that runs across the north . I ran from Oshkosh, Wisconsin through most of Minn. I know some of you have rode that bitch going to Sturgis. That is the roughest fucking highway I have ever been on on. I figure if was going to break that would have been it, that fucking road beat the shit outa me. For the money you can't go wrong IMO. Poor ass white boy has to do what you can!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Most of the negative comments about the DNA springer come from the "springer elitist". Springers were once expensive items that only the upper echelon of builders could afford. Now DNA has made it possible for everyone to have one, and that dilutes the exclusivity of those running springers.

Bob

For not much more money you can buy a paughco ($700) - Im no elitist even if I own a HD one but I'd stop drinking for a month or 2 and find the difference for the paughco over the DNA

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13510787_1058440334246091_8786597909896005364_n.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	71554
    I've run mine for the last 2 years and thousands of miles on Oklahoma roads, which are some of the worst roads in history. And I've had no problems whatsoever. The ride is a bit rough, but I've seen a few companies that sell top clamps that seem to help that.
    Last edited by erikmustride; 08-16-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11205156_10155488099700158_7939930405622598638_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	71670

i ride the shit outta my bikes. i actually cracked the seatpost on this one last season. when i stripped it down i pulled the dna apart (aftermarket front leg) and hot tanked it. because of lots of people saying they will crack i penatrant die tested it, nothing good to go. the only issue i have with them is the spring rods arnt threaded down far enough to tighten the springs. (never had a stock dna front leg this might not be true of there rods) i made a spacer that also joins the two spring rods together and it has worked awsome

Get Adobe Flash player

Good to see someone NDIing to be sure.

Share This