Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBastard
    • Nov 2012

Buyer Beware, 12 cell quick disconnect Moty Design battery

The 12 cell quick disconnect Moty Design battery for the large v twins is not compatible with 2005 Harley sportsters. I bought this battery about 4 months ago and had problems out of the box the whole time. I am only posting this because my bike has been out of commission for about 3 weeks due to the batteries issues and I wanted to warn my fellow chopcult members, so they can use $180 on something better for their bike.
  • VPNick
    • Jun 2012

good lookin out

Comment

• ibuiltmine
      • Jun 2010

what was the problem with it?

Comment

• TheBastard
        • Nov 2012

The problem with the battery is that it doesn't have enough amperage to start the bike, battery and wires over heat and drain very quickly while trying to start the bike. It is just a headache and waste of money. Nothing but problems from day one. I talked to the owner of Moty design and I will be sending the battery back today for him to inspect, but if it is not an internal soldering issue then I own a fried battery.

Comment

• evilash74
          • Dec 2009

If your still looking for a lithium battery that will actually work on any Harley hit me up. We hand make them in the USA and always give 10% off to everyone on the CC. Here is a link

Smallest, Lightest, Most Powerful Lithium Motorsports Batteries - the First with Built-In Jump-Starting! Top Rated MICRO-START Jump-Starter Power Supplies

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

• TheBastard
            • Nov 2012

Thanks evilash74, I will keep that in mind. For right now I have a bad taste in my mouth for lithium ion batteries. I need to catch up on lost ride time first.

Comment

• evilash74
              • Dec 2009

Understandable! When done properly lithium makes an awesome battery,whenever you feel like you want to give one a go we will give you the discount!

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                • Apr 2010

U needed Cold amps

Originally posted by TheBastard
                The problem with the battery is that it doesn't have enough amperage to start the bike, battery and wires over heat and drain very quickly while trying to start the bike. It is just a headache and waste of money. Nothing but problems from day one. I talked to the owner of Moty design and I will be sending the battery back today for him to inspect, but if it is not an internal soldering issue then I own a fried battery.
                Cold amps are what starts the puppy in elctrical mode, too bad.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                  • Jun 2010

those a123 cells have MORE then enough amps cold or hot to start a harley. Pretty sure you got a set with a bad cell in it, or one that wasn't balanced before put together.

Comment

• sonny
                    • Dec 2012

im a tester for a company that imports lithium ion batterys , if it is below 45 degrees i have to turn on my headlight for about 5 minutes before battery heats up enough to start my big inch evo with high compression and no compression releases . above 45 degrees i can spin my motor fast for 2 minutes straight . im waiting on a new lithium battery that should be better in cold weather

Comment

• motodevo
                      • Jun 2010

Ok so that's why they seem to spin the motor faster on the second attempt(like 5 secs apart), I couldn't work it out but that makes sense, they give more juice once they're warm

Comment

• sonny
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by motodevo
                        Ok so that's why they seem to spin the motor faster on the second attempt(like 5 secs apart), I couldn't work it out but that makes sense, they give more juice once they're warm
                        yes but hopefully new ones will be better . i ran 4 gauge battery wires and ground straight to starter

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;