CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Thread of the Day: My Adventure To Born Free 4 on XS650

Alright, so I had been working hard to get my bike finished to ride to BF4 from Portland OR and back. Everything seemed to be on track and plans were being made until I had an electrical problem the sunday night before planning to leave. I was freaking out, going through everything and ended up canning the whole trip. All the folks I was supposed to roll with were all leaving monday morning and meeting others along the way. I was bummed. After tearing into the sucker and getting ready to push it off a cliff, I finally got it all fixed on tuesday evening and my lady says "better start packing" It was on!!! With not much time and throwing all my old plans out the window, I took off solo on Wednesday morning with a death grip on the bars and no idea what the hell I was doing. Thanks to everyone along the way!. Heres a bunch of pictures of the adventure, hope yall enjoy!

Photobucket
    Tuesday night, bags are packed, IM STOKED!!!
    Last edited by billdozer; 08-12-2012 at 4:15 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket

One last look at portland, SEE YA RAIN!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    First breakdown. well actually i ran out of gas cause im an idiot but these two really nice country ladies brought me some non-ethanol gas for free, THANKS YOU! somewere near Roseburg, OR

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Alright so after lollygagging in Oregon for way to long, I finally made it down the 5 to Grants pass then cut over to Cresent City to hit the Cali coast line. Got into town late and was gunna camp next to my bike but was told by some locals it might not be a good idea. So i spent $40 on a motel room and this motel is where all the local tweakers whores and scumbags hang out. I decided my bike and I bothe needed a good rest inside.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Suns up, time to get outa this tweaker ville. Forgot to mention I never been to Cali before and was so stoked to see the redwoods. Off I go!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    I made it to the redwoods! This place is awesome, had to get my pic taken with Paul and Babe. just look at that nutsack!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Breakfast time! Was SUPER hungry, saw bikes and a cafe sign and pulled on up. Only other dudes there were these biker guys, way older than me and tough lookin dudes for sure, but they was super nice and stoked to meet such a young buck as myself on a solo trek to SoCal on my rigid Xs. I had biscuits gravy and bacon and the guys paid for it, how awesome was that! They was heading north. That waitress was from the area and directed me to some side roads that went through the old growth of the forest and it totally made my morning. Thanks all you rad people!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Gotta make it to San Fran by tonight to keep on schedule and hopefully see the Russian Circles show. Im Ready to Rock!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Alright so Ive been mashing through NorCal as fast as my little throttle will let me, got sketched out on the crazy changing of pavement and assfault on the highways and I hit a big bump, pogoed my back wheel off the ground, lost grip of one hand and was riding here like a true cowboy, it was intense. Im almost to Frisco, hauling balls, totally helter skelter, the suns going down and just as im nearing the crest of the hill RIGHT BEFORE the Golden Gate bridge, My bikes backfires, farts, gurgles, and i look down at my clear gas line to see it foaming up which mean I RAN OUTA GAS AGAIN! shit this is going to suck. I pull over onto the Spencer exit off the 101. This place is weird, like where serial rapists and rape victims hang out. I ask a lady sitting in her car were we at, and shes real sketched out to even roll the window down to talk to me. I call AAA for some gas but they cant even find me...greeeeat

Get Adobe Flash player

Great post, you rock.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Come and get me serial rapists, I dare ya! Well im missing the concert, Im not going roll across the golden gate at sunset and intense fog is barreling in. so stoked right now

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Finally made it to San Fran! This mexican joint saved my ass. Super steep hills and lots of interesting people about so i just pulled up onto the sidewalk to the front door. they was happy too!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    well that salty fog sure did a number on my sissy bar, i think it looks kinda cool though, "vintage".

Get Adobe Flash player

fuck yes dude, great thread, keep em coming

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Well after a night on my homies floor and staying up way to late talking about good times, its time for me to say peace out to the land of rice a roni. Its friday and I gotta make it to LA where my other buddy Colin lives. about 350 miles to go today. now if only i can get outa here

Get Adobe Flash player

Loving this thread man, looks like you had a damn good time!

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Me and Estivan. known this cat since 5th grade. we were on the same basketball team together and on the last game (we was losing bad), just as the other team was about to shoot, he yells "YOU SUCK" and this ball misses the hoop. Everyone was real mad but i though it was awesome. oh kids.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    One of the zillion gas stops along the way down the 101. I can only get about 75-80 miles per tank and im REALLY starting to notice that. This town is called Gonzales and for some reason i kinda liked this place. AWESOME mexican food and everyone was real nice and wanted to talk about my bike. it made me happy

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Oh man, I finally made it to Santa Monica!!! Things were getting stressful and intense as i got closer to SoCal and not matter what, it wasn't getting any closer. Hit gridlock traffic near Santa Maria and for the first time in my life I started splittin them lanes. SO CRAZY SCAREY FUN INTENSE WOW! I stopped for gas somewhere near Oxnard, pretty beat and not looking forward to the rest of the ride into LA(traffic was scaring the shit outa me) and this older couple was stoked on my bike and gave me a bunch of free BBQ. That brightened the moment and then they says to take this road straight down to the beach and cruise the 1 through Malibu and itll take me right into Santa Monica. That ride was one of the most happy and peaceful parts of the trip so far. Thanks people wherever you are!

Get Adobe Flash player

...And my buddy Colin has this sweet little place in a safe hood with parking. AWESOME!

Share This