CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: G&L Choppers

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Wow I gotta say I am disappointed to see this happen. I got a hardtail from him two years ago and it is fantastic. I am really sorry to hear this, but a thief is a thief. No excuses. I hope you find him and get everything out of him that you can.

Get Adobe Flash player

please do not contact me in regards to GL choppers. I do not have contact with Rich anymore. nothing bad went down between he and I. I moved out of state and lost touch. really sucks that it went down like this. I worked with him for 3 years on an almost daily basis. we built 22 bikes together and a shit ton of parts. he was a good guy when i worked with him. i know this wont get anyone their cash back and i am sorry i cant do more.

josh

Get Adobe Flash player

I just went through all the previous posts and this sure as shit sucks to hear. I sent 3300 bucks to Richard Ford 3 years ago this month for a build and have not heard from him for some time now.

At first the communication was good but slowly slacked off bit by bit. Don Miller and I have been in contact with each other via Email concerning our problem and his story is similar to mine.

I don't even care about the bike anymore, I just want my money back.

I think I will do as most have advised and contact the fuzz when i get back in the states. I still have the copies of the money orders.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tap sent me here?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by xbmxxx View Post
    I tried contacting them multiple times about getting a hardtail. Of about 8 emails I sent I
    Got one returned saying they couldn't hardtail a kz.

A friend of mine also contacted them multiple times about purchasing one of their rollers and got no response.

I was referenced to them by a Craigslist add I posted looking for a metric shop. I
    Asked the person if they were still open after my attempts to contact them and he told me they were, and that they were just extremely busy.

they could NOT hardtail a KZ??? really? they make all these frames and whatnot and cant hardtail a KZ??? weird. i hope this dude gets his money back. seriously =( shit like this is bad for their business if they atill have one. then again it might be why they tanked in the first place. lack of honesty.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TJBC View Post
    they could NOT hardtail a KZ??? really? they make all these frames and whatnot and cant hardtail a KZ??? weird. i hope this dude gets his money back. seriously =( shit like this is bad for their business if they atill have one. then again it might be why they tanked in the first place. lack of honesty.
    I would say it is more of not WANTING to tail a KZ. . . they are a pain in the ass compared to the xs650. just sayin

Get Adobe Flash player

Just noticed this thread, I live in Colorado Springs, if you want some addresses checked out let me know and Ill cruise around and see

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Damn!

I am sorry to hear about this. I have a 80' that he built for me last August. While he took a while to build it and was hard to get ahold of I did get my bike and am very happy with it. Good luck with everything man

Well, kind of as a last ditch effort, I sent out an email last week to "The Horse" BackStreet Choppers Magazine. They featured G&L back in the July 09' issue… where I first saw them and I asked if they had any recent info regarding the shop.

Jordan Z., editor from The Horse, actually replied and told me that he phoned G&L himself to find out what's going on and miraculously, Rich immediately answered the call.

Supposedly, they spoke at length about where he's been, why he hasn't been building lately and also, about my bike in particular. Rich apparently stated that he's been nursing a shoulder injury but that he's actually working on my bike "right now."

Jordan said he mentioned that I was trying to get a hold of him, gave him my number and told him to give me a call asap to work things out.

I'm not sure if it'll do any good but it was pretty cool of Jordan to give him a call for me and to find out some more info. He seems like stand-up guy and I definitely appreciate the effort.

Still no word from Rich.

-Definitely didn't mean to drag your name into anything Josh. I appreciate you getting back to me and thanks for everything.

Get Adobe Flash player

Very cool of him indeed! Best of luck.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry to hear about this, bum deal, hope he gets a hold of you and makes it right

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by donmillerx View Post
    Well, kind of as a last ditch effort, I sent out an email last week to "The Horse" BackStreet Choppers Magazine. They featured G&L back in the July 09' issue… where I first saw them and I asked if they had any recent info regarding the shop.

Jordan Z., editor from The Horse, actually replied and told me that he phoned G&L himself to find out what's going on and miraculously, Rich immediately answered the call.

Supposedly, they spoke at length about where he's been, why he hasn't been building lately and also, about my bike in particular. Rich apparently stated that he's been nursing a shoulder injury but that he's actually working on my bike "right now."

Jordan said he mentioned that I was trying to get a hold of him, gave him my number and told him to give me a call asap to work things out.

I'm not sure if it'll do any good but it was pretty cool of Jordan to give him a call for me and to find out some more info. He seems like stand-up guy and I definitely appreciate the effort.

Still no word from Rich.

-Definitely didn't mean to drag your name into anything Josh. I appreciate you getting back to me and thanks for everything.
    Hell ya bro, at least it's progress.

Did he mention the number he reached Rich at? Maybe The Horse will let us use their phone since it seems to have some form of 'magical' powers.

I get back from overseas late September and I am honestly thinking the time has come for a road trip to track my money or my build down. Do we even have a physical address of his new "shop"?

toxiceric

So I'm curious about what happened on this. I know Rich really well, and he's a really stand up guy. Not a dishonest bone in his body. I see there were response after response when this was a problem. Did it get resolved?

Default G&L Choppers

NO, this has definitely NOT been resolved.
    It has been almost 3 years now and Rich STILL refuses to answer my calls.

And I am only one, of many different customers that have been waiting for years on a build from that shop.

At this point, I just want my bike back and the $4,000 I gave him, without having to actually take him to court and maybe I could just forget the whole thing ever happened….

Get Adobe Flash player

Just another update that this issue is still going on for many folks. In fact 2 more individuals came forward and contacted Don about having issues with G&L Choppers. We want to continue to get the word out that this company has had many complaints and should be dealt with at your own risk. Many of us feel we have been "taken" and at the present time would just like our money and or bikes back.

Complaints have been filed with the Colorado States Attorney, BBB, Colorado Police Department, and CPA just to name a few.

Some magazines have been informed of this situation as well as local news agencies.

Although many individuals have recommended we fly out there and confront Mr. Ford face to face we really are not sure what location he is at anymore. Not to mention it would probably cause more harm than good with no return in assets as a likely outcome. It also is not financially feasible since some of the individuals are from overseas.

Thank you

Just another update to let everybody know that this is actually STILL going on!

We've been waiting for over 3 YEARS now for our bikes from G&L choppers and Richard Ford still refuses to accept our calls.

Others have been and still are, waiting much longer.

I actually said in my last email, that he could just keep my bike if he'd just return my deposit and yet, still no response.

Again, multiple complaints have already been filed with the Colorado State Police Department and the Attorney General's office as well as, at least (4) different complaints with the Better Business Bureau, just in 2012 alone.

Beware of G&L Choppers and think twice before handing over your bikes to Rich Ford.

Give your hard earned cash to small businesses that actually deserve it.

Thanks.

Get Adobe Flash player

did anyone ever hear from him?

Fark me I would have gone down to wherever this shitbag is and get my crap back,I'm sorry for your situation but you need to go and confront this man and get your shit back.A friend of mine brought an ohlins fr end of a man in the states and he thought he was a smartarse pissing my friend around who replied "Its only a 12 hour flight from new zealand you prick' it got sorted pretty quick after that,as we would off jumped on a plane and flown the 12 hours and kicked the crap out of him.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Regarding the fraudulent compampany of G&L Choppers.

Its only been 4 months for me but a few days ago I was wondering about my frame beings that my tank and rear fender are being painted in Great Falls Montana and figured I would give my painter guy a heads up so they kinda came in the mail together.After countless emails not being answered and this time unlike how he answered my phone calls immediately,I let a few days go by and tried to call for a whole day...NOTHING...next step was the Police.They were a big help,the Officer did a drive by and he said he didnt see a place that anybody could actually build bikes,coulnt find the Suite J..either.Tonight I called the lady who owns the building.Her name is Becky and she runns a catering company called Summit Catering.She said email her with the information about the transaction and she will get ahold of this randy ford guy.Also tommorrow I will try to get ahold of the District Attorney of El Paso and Teller Counties and explain my situation to him also.Paypal wasnt really helpful as 45 days have gone by since the transaction was made but I am still trying to rememdy the situation with them.I have my UPS transaction and the PayPal transaction also.So not only should it be mail fraud which is a felony,but also computer fraud which I believe to be a felony also.Then there is a matter of my 600 bucks for the rigid and one last thing..I sent him my aluminum cast footpegs from Chopper Dave...HOPE and FAITH..Bastard!!!!
    If anybody has any additional info to get charges filed I would appreciate it thank you very much.....
    Joseph Peterman
    206-300-1261
    On one last note..Shortly after this transaction was made,I moved from Tenn back to live and tattoo in California.Now I am homeless and if I had my motorcycle I could go to work.....

Thanks a fuckin lot mr ford and all your hired thieves.....

toxiceric

Well, I'm going to chime in here and I'm sure, be labeled as a co-conspiritor, but whatever. For those of you that love nothing better than to bash someone and make it a point to get everyone on your side without ever hearing the other guys side, I'm sure you won't care, but, here it is.

I won't drag this out, but Rich is NOT a crook. Like so many others in this industry that have actual full time shops, he was unable to keep it going for multiple reasons. The most important being the health of a family member. He had to close his shop to take care of someone who fell ill earlier this year. Other things happened as well. Things out of anyones control. I'm not going to tell the whole story, as it's not my place, but I do consider Rich to be a friend and there are many half truths being told here. I'm sure no one cares, but there it is.

He is trying to make things right with people a little at a time. Perhaps, if you tried being kind and showed the tiniest bit of understanding, you might get somewhere with this. Making demands and getting in someones face and bashing them anywhere someone will listen doesn't help. Just curious, when's the last time someone got in your face about something and you actually felt like helping them? Hmmm? More so, if someone demands something from you, i.e. money, and you don't have it, where exactly should you get it? People have lost their homes over circumstances beyond their control.

Here's the bottom line. Unless you have been self employed with a full time business, and I'm not talking about a home based whatever, you don't understand what it takles to keep a business going and how it can all crumble around you in an instant. It sucks, and it's not a good feeling, but it doesn't make you a bad person because you couldn't figure a way out of it. It happens. It's part of being a business owner.

Now, try and put yourself in another persons shoes and show a little compassion. I'm just trying to help some people make sense of this. It's unfortunate for everyone involved, but it is what it is. This is my opinion and nothing more. You don't have to agree or disagree. I'd prefer not to get any hate mail over this but do what you must.

Share This