CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Need help? Electrics completely died on '09 Sporty.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, so I'm sorry for just wading in and asking for help without proper introduction:

I'm a bike nut from London, UK who just moved back after a year in Brooklyn, and have reclaimed my baby - an '09 883 Swedish style rigid. Cool to meet everyone.

So, intros over, my baby just decided to die on me randomly yesterday - turned on fine, got to the end of the driveway, then just died. No sign of life. All electrics done.

I'm not very mechanically minded, but I am trying to learn, and my limited knowledge told me it was a fuse, but having checked them out, it doesn't seem to be the case... can anyone suggest anything else? I'd rather get my hands dirty and try to sort it myself before shelling out for someone else to do it and not learning anything.

Thanks in advance.

Puck99

Get Adobe Flash player

There's a wire coming off the + side of the battery with a huge fuse on it. That's the main fuse. You did check that one too, right? Not just the little ones, correct?

And to clarify when you turn the key on nothing's happening correct? It's like you never even turned the key, right? Or is it different than that? Do the lights come on? Is the starter working and the motor won't run? Wanna make sure I understand what's going on.
    Last edited by mindthreat44; 05-31-2012 at 3:27 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks mindthreat 44 - it was indeed the main fuse.

Sorting it out now... much obliged for your help!

Puck99

Share This