CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Protecting the ASS? La Pera foam seat replacement Q:

Got a La Pera Barebones seat for the 48... I really like the look and knew that this seat was not known for being the most comfortable. However, I am going to be refinishing it with new leather to match some new bags and would like to know what the best or most comfortable replacement foam is....

I know La Pera sells there special Gel and was wondering if it truly comfortable? And secondly, has anyone ordered the Gel and put it in themselves?

OUT

Get Adobe Flash player

BAR enterprises in Sunland, CA makes super comfortable seats. My last bike had one of their seats with their Millenium foam. Well worth it. www.harleyseats.com

Get Adobe Flash player

Problem with the gel is that it doesn't breathe so your ass will sweat, (like sitting on a plastic garbage bag). The problem I found with the Le Pera seats wasn't the foam as much as the tight vinyl they use. Rip the cover off and ride it around on the bare foam and see if that's more comfortable. When you have it recovered go with a thick, supple leather.

FWIW, i haven't found a seat yet that beats my Danny Gray.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rustrocket84 View Post
    BAR enterprises in Sunland, CA makes super comfortable seats. My last bike had one of their seats with their Millenium foam. Well worth it. www.harleyseats.com
    +1 on this. I just had my King and Queen seat redone by them and it's so rad!! They used the new "Millennium" foam. It's so comfortable. Check it out.

Share This