Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Motocrash
    • Sep 2010

Thanks Andrew. The main reason I started this thread was to show (and hopefully inspire) folks who think it takes boat loads of cash and high dollar tools to build a chop, that a half decent one can be done by those of us with less cash and/or more commitments.
    I believe the unknown garage and basement builders are the true living core of custom bikes, They are the ones building bikes not for the money or recognition, but for the fun and love of building your own bike. Nothing cooler than rolling your own.

Not too shabby... maybe tomorrow the light will be better and I can roll her bones outside for a better look-see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RN01_zpsxdlabgmq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	1302990
    Last edited by Motocrash; 06-08-2018, 5:30 PM.

Comment

• Motocrash
      • Sep 2010

Got her outside. Can't wait to get all the inspection shit off and cut the bars shorter. I can see this thing continuing to evolve.... the forks are starting to bother me.... maybe a narrow springer...... or girder...

Name:	RN12_zpsp93sysp0.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1302991

Name:	RN13_zpsxtgkxq85.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1302992
      Last edited by Motocrash; 06-08-2018, 5:32 PM.

Comment

• ncmc47
        • Oct 2012

I prefer the basic looking bike, like this one. Easy to ride, handle great, forget all the swoopey stuff, this made by so and so, and all the big money crap. This is where it's at.

Comment

• 86d
          • Jul 2015

Wow! Super great work man. It's beautiful and I bet its fun as shit to ride

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
            • Jan 2010

This bike is such a statement to the understated. Thank you for the documentation and the resolve. I appreciate the Rattlecan paint job to stay true to core!

Comment

• billybiltit
              • Aug 2009

this thing is my idea of the perfect short chop!
              very well done,simply.

leon

Comment

• Motocrash
                • Sep 2010

Just an update for those who followed this thread.
                About a year and a half ago I injured my back and had some pretty severe issues that put this bike (and another build) on the shelf. Most of those issues resolved but a few months ago I started having a new set of problems. Went to the docs and found out I have a severe disc herniation at L5-S1 and it's causing progressive pain/paralysis. Surgery needed, ASAP. Hopefully, now that the problem will finally be fixed, I can get the 'Feeder inspected and finished. Since Photofuck flaked out, here are a couple pics of how she sits now. I will probably upload the rest of the pics someday, just to aggrivated to do it now. The pics are here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/23cztd2oc/ for those interested.
                BTW, this bike will be going up for sale soon since I most likely won't be able to ride it with my fucked up back.

Name:	RN12_zpsp93sysp0.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1302880

Name:	RN13_zpsxtgkxq85.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1302881

And a short video:

Last edited by Motocrash; 06-07-2018, 9:15 AM.

Comment

• Motocrash
                  • Sep 2010

Pics (sort-of) restored. I tell ya, spending the last few days with the old girl has sparked the love again.

Comment

• Motocrash
                    • Sep 2010

Moving on..

For those who remember her and are curious... how she sits today:

Name:	Nekkid.jpg
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	1322935

She has donated some of her parts to the current build (Stinkpot)

Name:	NewBod.jpg
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1322936

Stinkpot's gonna be a fatty. The 'Feeder will most likely be resurrected, just not any time soon. She will get a ton of new parts and be more of a show girl.

Comment

• selectedgrub
                      • Dec 2009

Ride on brother.
                      Hope you all good.

Comment

• Motocrash
                        • Sep 2010

Thanks, Tony.
                        Still hangin' in there. Hope all is well on your planet too my friend.

Comment

• rockman96
                          • May 2018

Originally posted by Motocrash
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]84710[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]84711[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]84712[/ATTACH]
                          Man, that is one gorgeous scoot! Love the lines, the level set, shotguns... Everything!

Comment

• Motocrash
                            • Sep 2010

Thanks rockman, It really was a shame to gut her but, life goes on I guess. Still mullin" her resurrection after the 'Pot's done. Got a line on a slab side and already shopping for more pretty parts for her. Have a feeling that next time around, she's gonna be a stunner.
                            I'm pretty much over the whole hand carving/polishing stuff, bought a few real tools to speed the process and she will get better parts anyway. The Stinkpot is getting all the hand me down garbage, more in line with the Bottom Feeder credo. Most of the parts I've bought for it are barely getting polished, Just cleaned up, fixed, and matched up to the rest of the junk. So far, I'm having fun with it. Every now and then I catch myself spending too much time making something a bit too pretty and have to remind myself where i want this build to go.
                            Last edited by Motocrash; 09-29-2022, 6:21 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;