Ultima “E” Replacement Performance Carburetor, opinions?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricki
    • Mar 2012

Quote If you have the money for ultima. buy and try it.
    everybody is complaining about it being crap, but I think no one has actually tried it!
    good carbs aren't about the price or the country they are from.
    Its the thinking and understanding of the physics behind it. I still don't know where ultima is from but if they know what they doing, this thing kicks ass!
    It takes a smart brain to make perfect things, not necessarily an american. un Quote

Little more to it than that.
    This is about some corporate D bag ripping off a proven design that an AMERICAN company has worked their asses off to make, market, stand behind and make reliable , making a few changes to it to get around pattent laws , out sourcing it to CHINA to maximize profit and selling an inferior cheap ass rip-off to people who would like to "try" it. If there is a demand for SHIT like this the cycle will continue. This is the fucking problem with this country now a days and it pisses me right the fuck off !!! DO NOT HELP PERPETUATE THIS CYCLE!!!

Comment

• jluck27
      • Aug 2009

So, my buddy takes the cheap way out on his shovel and gets an ultima carb. It's a total piece of shit. Could never get it adjusted. We tried to replace some jets and one of the jets was cross threaded in. Needless to say he dumped the 200 bucks on that and spent another 300 on an S&S Super E. Don't learn the $500 dollar lesson.

Comment

• Zooligan
        • Oct 2009

Next thing you know, the asians will be knocking off Harley's CV carb.

Hey, wait....

Comment

• aaronc
          • Apr 2024

A carb has got to be the last thing you would buy from fuckin china.One of the hugest turn-ons for me about a bike is takin as little as possible and going as far as I can.You take something thats got a good chance to be straight up shit and throw it into the mix and look out! I depend on my bike to not start breaking up when Im merging onto 80/94 and not giving me fits when Im out trying to enjoy myself.Buying a shit fuckin carb from people who where just riding ox's to the family farm is not the way to go.Those mutherfuckers dont give a fuck.If you cant swing a new S&S buy a used one.I support S&S 100%.Fuckin shit carb will wreck your good time.

Comment

• bobbed06
            • May 2010

Originally posted by ricki
            Quote If you have the money for ultima. buy and try it.
            everybody is complaining about it being crap, but I think no one has actually tried it!
            good carbs aren't about the price or the country they are from.
            Its the thinking and understanding of the physics behind it. I still don't know where ultima is from but if they know what they doing, this thing kicks ass!
            It takes a smart brain to make perfect things, not necessarily an american. un Quote

Little more to it than that.
            This is about some corporate D bag ripping off a proven design that an AMERICAN company has worked their asses off to make, market, stand behind and make reliable , making a few changes to it to get around pattent laws , out sourcing it to CHINA to maximize profit and selling an inferior cheap ass rip-off to people who would like to "try" it. If there is a demand for SHIT like this the cycle will continue. This is the fucking problem with this country now a days and it pisses me right the fuck off !!! DO NOT HELP PERPETUATE THIS CYCLE!!!
            Yep.....

Comment

• purerockfury
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jluck27
              So, my buddy takes the cheap way out on his shovel and gets an ultima carb. It's a total piece of shit. Could never get it adjusted. We tried to replace some jets and one of the jets was cross threaded in. Needless to say he dumped the 200 bucks on that and spent another 300 on an S&S Super E. Don't learn the $500 dollar lesson.
              this is what i really wanted, first/second hand experience with it but i was listening to everyone's opinions as well...that's what i started this thread for

honestly i didn't know it was made in china, i figured they just took a proven design and made it even better in which case many, many people, Americans have done before...once the patent has run out things are free for people to copy or improve on

i think there's a big difference between improving on a design and ripping something off. that said, i hate Chinese shit! i try to buy American WHEN and IF i can find it and afford it. unfortunately almost everything is made in china now a'days. for all we know S&S may source some of their parts from china, i don't know are they 100% American made with American made parts? is anything? very few things are, i'm sure even new Harleys have some Chinese crap on them...

most likely the computer you guys are using, your I phones and countless other products we use every day are made in china

i'm gonna just get the S&S like i planned on before, going to the keene NH swap meet next week end and if i can't find something good there i'll just order the new one, saving $80 isn't worth taking a chance

thx again for the input!
              Last edited by purerockfury; 04-27-2012, 5:37 PM.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                • Jul 2010

Funny thing, Ultima is an American company that has been around since the 70's. Also, the whole "Buy American" argument is dumb, considering Harley's come from the factory with some components sourced from other countries.

Comment

• Kickstarts
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                  Funny thing, Ultima is an American company that has been around since the 70's. Also, the whole "Buy American" argument is dumb, considering Harley's come from the factory with some components sourced from other countries.

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/index.html
                  Big difference in quality between "other countries" and China. Europe, Japan and a few middle eastern countries produce nice shit...China makes garbage, like all those shit tools everyone likes to shop for and almost everything in Walmart. You can buy the Ultima carb and install it with your Harbor Freight Vise Grip copies and round off the edges of your chinese no grade bolts.

Give me Mexico any day, when I see "Made in China" I cringe. It will either work once and fail or it will poison my dog.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Kickstarts
                    Big difference in quality between "other countries" and China. Europe, Japan and a few middle eastern countries produce nice shit...China makes garbage, like all those shit tools everyone likes to shop for and almost everything in Walmart. You can buy the Ultima carb and install it with your Harbor Freight Vise Grip copies and round off the edges of your chinese no grade bolts.

Give me Mexico any day, when I see "Made in China" I cringe. It will either work once and fail or it will poison my dog.
                    So "Buy American" is okay even if the parts are made in other countries as long as it's not China? Oh the hypocrisy.

Comment

• aaronc
                      • Apr 2024

Yea, you havent picked up on the fact that chinease products are just straight up garbage?Worse then any other country,there's no fuckin argument there.Plus they fuck other countrys manufacturing by manipulating their currency and subsidising their industry to help put other places out of business.A big FUCK YOU to china.

Comment

• Kickstarts
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                        So "Buy American" is okay even if the parts are made in other countries as long as it's not China? Oh the hypocrisy.
                        Hypocrisy? I didn't say "Buy American", I said China makes shit. Plenty of countries make great products, China ain't one of them. Harbor Freight carries a complete line of fucking garbage tools and products that are made in China like the cast vise that breaks in half when you tighten the jaws together, etc. I like all well made things no matter what country they come from. Israel makes a hell of a gas filter from NAPA.

Once again, China makes shit, the Ultima carb is made in China, so in my mind it's a piece of shit.

Comment

• ricki
                          • Mar 2012

I think maybe Hooligans comments might have been directed towards my last post on this.
                          If so here is my angle. This whole situation is not unlike what happened to Dennis Goodson.
                          Some GREEDY fuck took his popular air cleaner design, outsourced it to who knows where, China, Taiwan , India.. brings it back in and makes a fat fucking dollar off of his hard work. This is just NOT RIGHT!! Ultima took the S&S design and is doing the same thing . I hope this backfires on them, literally. How do these greedy bastards sleep at night. Fuck'em

Comment

• Hooligan80
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ricki
                            I think maybe Hooligans comments might have been directed towards my last post on this.
                            If so here is my angle. This whole situation is not unlike what happened to Dennis Goodson.
                            Some GREEDY fuck took his popular air cleaner design, outsourced it to who knows where, China, Taiwan , India.. brings it back in and makes a fat fucking dollar off of his hard work. This is just NOT RIGHT!! Ultima took the S&S design and is doing the same thing . I hope this backfires on them, literally. How do these greedy bastards sleep at night. Fuck'em
                            That's why designs should be patented,trademarked and copyrighted.

Comment

• ricki
                              • Mar 2012

Agreed. And as consumers we help choose which of these will succeed or fail by the one we decide to purchase .
                              Last edited by ricki; 04-29-2012, 4:03 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

• SportsterBob
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jluck27
                                thats the first argument I'm accepting as one!
                                somebody bought it, tried it and can actually rate its quality - or in this case poor-quality.

thanks.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;