Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChoppyGee
    • Aug 2009

D-Bags Say the Darndest Things

Ok a few days ago before this bitter cold hit and you could actually stand being outside I rolled the Bottomfeeder out of the garage because I thought i got some of the shit worked out and I wanted to kick on it a minute. As i was doing that a middle aged man in a pickup covered in "chrome" Harley stickers drove past, stopped, and reversed back to me and watched me for a moment and said. "why you even bothering with that ugly piece of shit? Looks like you got a nice one in there" I just told him I liked building them and making my own and he just kinda chuckled there. As i tried to figure out why my XS wouldn't turn over he seriously parked in the middle of the street watching me and laughing for a good ten minutes. saying things like. "fuck'n rice burners" and "Where's them rear shocks for that thing?" finally he just drove off after he figured out he wasn't going to get a rise out of me. This is just one of the many of these encounters i'm sure are yet to come with this bike in this area.

i was just wondering whats some of the most amusing comments/stories you guys have gotten about your scoots from people who don't quite appreciate these death traps we love some much?
  • beanhead78
    • Nov 2009

i always get " man i love those old bikes"

Comment

• ChoppyGee
      • Aug 2009

hahahh circa nineteen ninety something?

Comment

• svwannabe
        • Aug 2009

My one conversation with a typical harley guy....
        --Typical Harley guy "Hey check that out you have a hand shifter.............. where the hell is your clutch????"
        Me "Right there where you would normally shift it"
        --Typical Harley guy with utterly confused look on his face ".................................................. .............. why the hell would you do that????" more utter confusion look
        Me " Cause its fun"
        --Typical Harley guy " that thing looks dangerous as shit" walks away still looking confused

Comment

• wickedblockhead
          • Aug 2009

i like yer scoot bean! i like "old" bikes too

Comment

• BFJosh
            • Jun 2009

had my triumph at california bike week last year and the conversation went like this
            harley guy with a puzzled look:"what kind of bike is that"
            me: " its a 99 sportster chopper"
            harley guy:" Really?"
            me:"yea well its modified we shaved the front cylinder down and capped it to cut down on weight then gave the single cylinder two plugs were thinking of taking it to bonneville to beat some speed records"
            harley guy:" wow thats cool!"

fun times

Comment

• Sawbones
              • Nov 2009

I have friends who ride dressers and billet barge couch-on-wheels baggers who call my bike a "tinkertoy" and a girl's bike and that sort of shit. I let it roll off my back 'cause they're my buds, but there are other dudes out there who think the same things.
              For a lot of those guys, riding is either an expensive weekend or once-a-month hobby to alleviate their male menopause, or else they were badass when they were younger but can't ride hardtails now because they're too old.
              I was on my Yamaha once and a total stranger riding by on a bicycle told me to "get a Harley." I was so confused I almost forgot to tell him to get fucked.

Comment

• Nick
                • Aug 2009

oh dude to many to state...I ride a rebel well not just the Rebel but thats my chop tho and mostly its justified but I get crazy stuff like that looks so good why would spend so much time on a rebel if you could make another bike look that cool...and the many typical racial jap slurs...

Comment

• crownmotorz
                  • Aug 2009

i was up at the local watering hole one time and i was about ready to leave and i saw two guys looking at my bike. so i thought what the fuck might as well join the conversation. (my bike is the one i purchased from rudehog, raw tank and fenders no front brake and a jockey shift.) When i walked up this is what i heard.

D-bag #1 said to D-bag #2: wow this is a nice bike but i still looks like he is working on it.
                  D-bag #2 to D-bag#1 : well why do you say that?
                  D-bag #1: well he has no clutch lever, no front brake and he hasn't even painted it. So he must have driven it up here in a truck to show it off..
                  At this time i have heard about enough and i walk over pick up my helmet that was right next to the bike and told the to D-bags to have a nice day and by the way i ride my shit often Bitch.

Comment

• onigoroshi
                    • Aug 2009

my dad has a Yamaha rolling couch and gives me crap for owning a harley. so it does go both ways.

Comment

• NaK
                      • Aug 2009

After the cop pulled me over doing almost 90 at 3:00 am he asked how I could even trust that bike to go that fast. I told him I trusted it to 120. Complete lie since my 71 cb750 was no way going to hit 120.

Comment

• RockinRyan
                        • Aug 2009

Pulled into an outdoor mall once and parked near a pair of identical billet-barge "choppers". As I'm locking my bike up, one of the D-bags who rides them walks up and says something along the lines of "Don't bother. No one is going to steal a girls bike." I just shrugged and went about my business. Funny thing was that as I'm coming out I spotted some 12 year old kid steal one of their Nazi pudding bowl helmets. I wish I had stuck around to see the D-bag's reaction.

Comment

• Pantsbeer
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BFJosh
                          had my triumph at california bike week last year and the conversation went like this
                          harley guy with a puzzled look:"what kind of bike is that"
                          me: " its a 99 sportster chopper"
                          harley guy:" Really?"
                          me:"yea well its modified we shaved the front cylinder down and capped it to cut down on weight then gave the single cylinder two plugs were thinking of taking it to bonneville to beat some speed records"
                          harley guy:" wow thats cool!"

fun times
                          Hahahahahahaha thats funny shit. Fuck people. I ride a sporty and get people telling me I ride a girls bike all day long. A guy I know who has a pan thats not to bad looking was giving me shit about riding what he called a piglet so I told him thats cool cause my girl bikes gonna pass you. He told me at his age he's not about going fast but looking cool, so I said what about when I'm done with my bike and it's faster and looks cooler. I didnt get an answer from him.

Comment

• mcdowell72
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by beanhead78
                            i always get " man i love those old bikes"
                            not to thread-jack but what hardtail is that beanhead?

Comment

• CHEN
                              • Sep 2009

It's a dumb story, but this one time I was stopped at a traffic light and I hear these two dudes in a pickup truck next to me talkin about my bike (cb750) and the guy in the passenger seat says to his buddy "damn....how old do ya think that thing is?" The driver says "thats one of them panheads from the sixties"

i chuckled hehe

Despite the d-bags that say something dumb, I've been fortunate enough to meet a bunch of cool dudes that know exactly what they're talkin about. like when someone says "Nice chop....sohc cb750 right?"...that puts a smile on my face

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;