Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lukej128
    • Jan 2012

Led Sled battery box

I've got a 93 sportster with electronic ignition. I put a hardtail kit from Led Sled Customs and a Battery box From them as well on my bike and Im having a hard time finding a battery that will fit the box with enough CCA for my ignition. anybody out there have the same battery box or something simillar? guys at my local shop are tellin me im not gonna find a battery small enough to fit the box with enough power to start my bike.
  • Shortbus
    • Feb 2010

If you decide to get another battery box I make ones that fit your stock size battery.

Comment

• easyspeed
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lukej128
      I've got a 93 sportster with electronic ignition. I put a hardtail kit from Led Sled Customs and a Battery box From them as well on my bike and Im having a hard time finding a battery that will fit the box with enough CCA for my ignition. anybody out there have the same battery box or something simillar? guys at my local shop are tellin me im not gonna find a battery small enough to fit the box with enough power to start my bike.
      Your ignition or your starter? I imagine the box was meant for kick only bikes. You may have to search out an exspensive lithium ion battery or something crazy or make a bigger box.

Comment

• svwannabe
        • Aug 2009

Im pretty sure led sled sells that battery to fit...

Comment

• irishrich317
          • Aug 2009

Yuasa YTX 12 BS, or it's cross reference is the one you want for the Led Sled battery box. The cross reference from Batteries + works extremely well, and has a long service life. It's plenty CCA for your bike, and it's the one I put in when I do those hardtail conversions for people. It'll spin your motor no problem, and most of the one's I've put in are on their 2nd and 3rd seasons in service.

Comment

• brach77
            • Oct 2011

Ballistic EVO2 12 Cell Performance Battery - has been superseded by: (LI) Antigravity 12v Lithium Small Case Battery, 12 Cell

pricy but should fit.

Comment

• lukej128
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by irishrich317
              Yuasa YTX 12 BS, or it's cross reference is the one you want for the Led Sled battery box. The cross reference from Batteries + works extremely well, and has a long service life. It's plenty CCA for your bike, and it's the one I put in when I do those hardtail conversions for people. It'll spin your motor no problem, and most of the one's I've put in are on their 2nd and 3rd seasons in service.
              thanks for the info. I was able to find a battery thats dimensions will fit my box no problem. Only thing im not sure on is that the YTX 12 BS says its only 180 CCA and i was under the impression i needed at least 300 CCA. this is my first build and im pretty much learning as i go. do you happen to know if thats true? about needing 300 CCA?

Comment

• irishrich317
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lukej128
                thanks for the info. I was able to find a battery thats dimensions will fit my box no problem. Only thing im not sure on is that the YTX 12 BS says its only 180 CCA and i was under the impression i needed at least 300 CCA. this is my first build and im pretty much learning as i go. do you happen to know if thats true? about needing 300 CCA?
                180-200 CCA will do you just fine. I wouldn't have told you to get the YTX 12 BS battery if it wouldn't work for you. Also, I said the YTX 12 BS or it's cross reference would be the one to fit your battery box. In the YTX 12 BS sized battery, batteries can be had from 180 all the way up to 320 CCA, depending on the brand of battery, if you don't think 180 will be enough for you.

As long as you make sure your bike is in tune (plugs, plug wires, carb adjusted right, timing set, etc), ride the bike regularly to keep up the battery charge, or you make sure you charge it at regular intervals (when you're not on the bike a lot), or you're not constantly trying to start a cold bike when it's below freezing, 180 CCA will work just fine for a Evo Sporty.

Comment

• Shortbus
                  • Feb 2010

Also wouldn't hurt to run your headlight on a toggle so you can turn it off while starting.

Comment

• StoneHead
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by irishrich317

Got that battery and that box on my chop with a 97 buell s1 motor and it's been startin just fine for three years and countin....

Comment

• nerdsports
                      • Mar 2010

Check the dimensions for the Braille B129. Just picked it up after the terminals on my auto parts store battery decided to come off.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;