CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default looking for someone in the denver area

to diagnose and repair the wiring on my 76 kz750. Its kind of a mess right now, and keeps blowing out the main fuse. I've gone through and through it with a voltmeter, even had the whole harness off the bike 3 times, and cant find any short.

Any recommendations of people or shops with a reasonable labor rate that doesn't mind these old Jap bikes would be greatly appreciated!

Get Adobe Flash player

did you used to post on the ffhdenver board? i the only person i've met from denver on here is irishrich but i didn't ask him anything about wiring.

Get Adobe Flash player

Throw the whole thing in the trash and start fresh. There are a couple wiring diagrams for KZ's in the Jap section.

Get Adobe Flash player

go to IMI motor sports, erie exit 232 go east one mile see shop on right, they have some good people out there, fixed up my buddies gs 750 for him.

ARBY

Yep, do the re-wire. It's always harder to repair somebody else's fugged up disaster.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bhowell View Post
    did you used to post on the ffhdenver board? i the only person i've met from denver on here is irishrich but i didn't ask him anything about wiring.
    yeah I did until it got deleted.

I got an ebay score on a new in good condition harness ready to plug in and go, hopefully this fixes my problem.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey man, is this the harness off the runner, or off the extra motor.
    They both were sitting around a while, but both were complete and worked before I cut them up.
    you cont have someting weird going on like a shorted cdi or voltage reg or something liek that?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ibuiltmine View Post
    Hey man, is this the harness off the runner, or off the extra motor.
    They both were sitting around a while, but both were complete and worked before I cut them up.
    you cont have someting weird going on like a shorted cdi or voltage reg or something liek that?
    The runner. I didn't post the whole story of what my dumbass did, its not the bike, nor the wirings fault. my reg went out one day and blew the main. I decided that I was lazy, and didn't feel like pushing it home so I jumped across the fuse. about 100 yards later there was lots of smoke. The main power wire melted, and melted some of the insulation of all the surrounding wires. I pulled the harness and "repaired" all the damaged parts I could find, and ever since then its been full of intermittent quirks, this being the latest.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ahh! LOL! I was like what the heck?

Dude. That other motor had a complete wire harness attached to it, and It ran better then the runner bike when I pulled it apart. When I pulled it I tried to keep as much of the harness attached as possible.

I would bet you got a wire crossed somewhere, or you just plain shorted out the stator. Might have to pull the stator and replace it.

Share This