CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Sprocket question and need help with my gearing

I have an eighty inch evo bt motor with a five speed tranny. It was running sluggish and still revving kinda high at speeds of 70. It was a stock roadmax transmission
    Compensator 25 teeth
    Clutch 37 teeth
    trans 24 teeth
    final 46 teeth
    What should I change when it comes to sprockets. I plugged my numbers into the sprocket calc on sites like baker and nightrider but I don't exactly know what I am looking for. The bike rides shittier that any evo stock softail than I've ever ridden. I just want it to be stock so what will i need to change. The final drive is belt. Also I am putting in a six speed trans as we speak and want to regear the sprockets in the meantime. Thanks in advance Jason

Get Adobe Flash player

Holy shit. 24 46 final drive is ridiculously high. you really shouldn't go over 24 48, even then that is pretty high. a 25 48 is really where you want to be or even a 24 49 if you can find a 49. At least that's what you want if you run a lot of highway. If you do mostly city riding then i would suggest a 24 51.

Get Adobe Flash player

I was mistaken. My final sprocket is 49 not 46. I am going with a overdrive six speed so my question is if I keep the rear sprocket the same should I go with a 23t, 24t, or 25t trans sprocket to make it feel like a stock bike around town and a little better on the highway. What would give me a better feel comparison to a stock softail

Get Adobe Flash player

I would go with the 23T up front & keep the 46T rear

I am currently running a 24T -51T with a 6 spd. & she tops out too quickly, eventually I'm going to switch out
    the 24T to a 25T & it should be ideal with the 25-51......... the 23-46 combo would obviously be very close to
    the mentioned gearing above.

Share This