Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Tiny turn signals.

I'm trying to keep this bike as "legal" as possible, because california can be a little too sensitive sometimes when it comes to motorcycles. I figured I'd share this, since there's plenty of us who hate the look of standard signals. These are tiny LED's from superbrightleds.com. After trimming my fender and adding an early tail light, I drilled a couple holes near the edge of the fender, and pushed these in from inside the fender. These little f'ers are bright.

Last edited by bforbes; 07-31-2011 at 1:26 AM.

Cool man,
    Couldn't notice where they were until I got down to the last photo.
    Will they care that your number plate light shines up into the sky?.

Tell them it's the motherships signaling light and it's to guide you into warp 9.

Quote Originally Posted by selectedgrub View Post
    Cool man,
    Will they care that your number plate light shines up into the sky?.
    temp mount for the plate, and the light is blocked off.

Got ya. What about the disabled plate?
    Does it give you certain perks?
    Like discounted registration or can you park in the disabled parking spaces etc.
    Sorry about the questions, I not from around these parts.
    Never seen one before.
    Thanks.

starwolf

Damn those ARE tiny ! I thought the "sport bike" ones I was considering were small.

IHC

Quote Originally Posted by selectedgrub View Post
    Got ya. What about the disabled plate?
    Does it give you certain perks?
    Like discounted registration or can you park in the disabled parking spaces etc.
    Sorry about the questions, I not from around these parts.
    Never seen one before.
    Thanks.
    you can park in handicap spots. Im in Vegas and have a handicap sticker. (bike wreck) people at the DMV had never issued one for a motorcycle and looked at me like an idiot for asking for one while I was in a wheel chair

IHC

I have Pro one tripple trees with signals mounted in the lower tree. I love them and are legit!

What do those run? I'm constantly looking for the right lights- NY is a real pain in the ass about that stuff- are they simply on off or do they have dual brightness ones? Like what a marker/turn signal would be

Post up a link!

These things are really inexpensive. Here's the link. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...mini_tubes.htm

They are just turn signals, at least on my bike. They are off until I hit the button, and then they blink. I'm not sure if they have a running light option. That sight has tons of light options.

The handi plate is because I broke my feet a while back, and it hurts to walk long distance everyday. I work at studio lots, and the parking is always really far away, and the plate allows me to park next to my office. Bikes aren't normally allowed on the lots.

Those are cool,Nice job.

yo, says they have 'Miniature and Sub-miniature sizes available'. which did you get?
    also says they have built in capacitors for 12v. this mean you can run them without any kind of signal booster thing?

those are cool you can barley see them. If I have to have signals that is definitly the way to go.

This is real cool I gotta do something like this. Sick

Hm, I must be looking at the wrong one.

I've got a badlands module on my 02.
    model i had wasn't exactly plug and play, but also wasn't hard at all.
    rather than replacing any stock item, i believe it had 3 wires that you just spliced in anywhere along the circuit, made no difference where. only downside is that it's a little bit large. so if space is a premium, that kinda sucks.

i recently saw some very small inline boosters that you just splice along each line. real tiny. can't remember what site, but I'm sure someone will know. they were about $10 each.

Hey Rus, I found these on Cleveland Cycleswerks site: LED Turn SIgnal Resistors $12.00 (for a pair. each light needs one.) I'm ordering these and tiny LEDs from this post. Will post pics if it works.

http://shop.clevelandcyclewerks.com/...gnal-resistors

those resistors are junk! i burned up a set in no time. if your determined to use them they dont wire in-line like you would assume one wire is positive the other is ground. i buried mine under the seat on the fender and maybe that accounted for the short life of em but i wouldnt recommend them to any of my friends

You can also buy a flasher that's led compatible for cheap. I'm running one on my bike with custom led turn signals and they flash nicely (at a normal speed).

Wouldn't say determined to use them but I've ordered them already. Worst case I'm out 20 bucks.

Share This