Evo Sporty Rewire (Reduced to Essentials Only)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tattoo2303
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by EvilEvo
    We must have conflicting modules because both my coil wires come out of my module and I don't have a solid white wire. Which wire provides power to the coil pink or w/bk?
    id guess the w/bk, chances are before you cut up your system you had 2 wires going to that post on your coil, one would have come direct from your control module the other would have ran all over the bike to tie into your kill switch. id run a lead from your ignition switch to the w/bk wire and see what happens

Comment

• EvilEvo
      • Sep 2011

I'm already on it, I just got home with a switch. I'll post my findings. Thanks hombre.

Comment

• rccycle
        • Mar 2011

minimum wiring for a 2005 sportster

building a rigid with a 2005 sportster motor. can this thing be wired without all the crap? just want the motor to run, the rest is easy!!!

Comment

• tattoo2303
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by rccycle
          building a rigid with a 2005 sportster motor. can this thing be wired without all the crap? just want the motor to run, the rest is easy!!!
          what crap specifically? check this its pretty bare- still uses the 3 stock circuit breakers and a marine ignition switch

this is just the essentials! no turn signals, no dummy lights, using a marine igntion switch to turn the bike on and start it, this worked f...

you basically can break your wiring down to 3 groups
          -lights
          -starting/running
          -charging

Comment

• EvilEvo
            • Sep 2011

Damn man now I'm really scratching my head. I've got It all hooked up, kill switch and alp and still no spark. Did I fry the coil, what am i missing. Fuck me.

Comment

• Petesgarage
              • Nov 2011

re wire

Hi all,
              I'm building a hardtail bike with a 1200S as a donor.
              Is the electricity from a 2002 ( in this topic) the same as mine (1999 model)?
              i need spark, lights ,stoplight, may speedometer and the dashlights: N oil,and high/low beam.
              I read that you run stock ignition, is that the stock from the S ,or do i have to change some parts?
              Do you still use the dual sparkplugs?
              Last edited by Petesgarage; 12-28-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                • Mar 2011

I'm useing this route on my 99 1200 s. it appears to be the same wireing. I'm not finished yet, as I'm waiting on my breakers to come in. Billdozer is running all 4 plugs. just go by his diagram and you should be fine.

Comment

• Petesgarage
                  • Nov 2011

bank angle sensor

do you guys have also a bank angle sensor? when the bike falls down the engine stops running.
                  If you have ,do you still use it or...?
                  if i do a completely new wiring ,do i need to do something special for the BAS and for the kill switch that is normally on the handlebar don't use one anymore.
                  Last edited by Petesgarage; 01-14-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                    • Mar 2011

Ditch it. Its wired into the kill switch. Just kills spark to coil if it falls beyond a certain angle. Mine was located on the side of the battery box. No need for it.

Comment

• Petesgarage
                      • Nov 2011

i'm pulling all new wires ,so that will be fine, thx.
                      what is the purpose of the MAP sensor ?
                      do you have power loss if you don't use it or?

Comment

• Saltytonk
                        • Mar 2011

Is your bike EFI? if so you may want to look at REV's thread . http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15746

I believe the map sensor is for the EFI. I didnt have one. I did keep the VOES , which some folks dont .

Comment

• Petesgarage
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Saltytonk
                          Is your bike EFI? if so you may want to look at REV's thread . http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15746

I believe the map sensor is for the EFI. I didnt have one. I did keep the VOES , which some folks dont .

My bike is 1999 and has a cv carb ,so i don't think the MAP sensor does a great thing to it.
                          The VOES is the system in the petcock and stuff? i have another tank and petcock so...

Comment

• NHMike
                            • Apr 2024

This is likely a stupid question...

but I find it hard to believe it could be that easy.

I'm trying to cut down the wires and get rid of some shit on my '92 XLH. I've pulled off the dummy lights, speedo and tach. I'm also going to be changing out the headlight so I need to get rid of the harnesses within the bucket. Once I get rid of the wires I KNOW I won't need, is it as simple as cutting off the wires from the harnesses and then slicing the same colors together?

I've been looking at the schematic, and the bike, and it seems as though that's the case, but before I go and start clipping I'd like to know.

There are some strange splices in there from PO's, like the blinker relay they wired in because, I assume, the stock one stopped working.

I'm just having a hard time imagining that it could be as simple as splicing the same colors together.

Thanks!

Comment

• Saltytonk
                              • Mar 2011

Well Lance and I started just like what your talking about Mike. We took the dummy lights off first and then started hacking crap apart. We would start it after each time we cut a wire to see if she would run. And she did for awhile but........... We blew some fuses . I basically printed out Billdozers hand drawn diagram and and figured out which wires were essential and sat down in front of the bike for HOURS until I got it back together. It really isnt hard once you wrap your mind around the basics. It just took me awhile. But now if something goes wrong electrically I will be able to fix it pretty quickly. Be patient and study. You'll be fine.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                                • Mar 2011

Yeah the VOES is the thing hooked up to the carb and tank via vacuum hoses. I'm running a tank and petcock without the vacuum lines ......but I kept it hooked up to the carb.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;