Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrassEVO
    • Nov 2021

Hello, new guy.

Hello forum. New guy here. Finally, after (3) sportys got a real bike..a DARWIN Model 1 bobber! Couldn't possibly be more pleased. Am still impressed the difference between a 74ci sporty and a 80ci EVO BT(?) Like night & freakin day different..holy shit! Holdsworth put some damn good shit in his bikes (Wilwood 4 piston F&R brakes, Tauer Warlord primary, Baker 5sp, DNA springer, BBB Digger frame, Hawg Halters controls, etc.).

Anyone know much about this bike?
    Attached Files
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Welcome, That's a damn nice looking bike you have there................

Comment

• BrassEVO
      • Nov 2021

Thanks. Do you know anything about them?

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BrassEVO
        Thanks. Do you know anything about them?
        Sorry but I don't know anything about them.....

Comment

• BrassEVO
          • Nov 2021

*Update*
          I've owned this Darwin Model 1 bobber for a while now am happier with it now than when I first bought it.
          I strongly disagree with whoever said an 80ci EVO is a 'little motor'. I'm 250lbs & it pulls hard! Maybe it's the Super E & the D&D exhaust, regardless I love my Model 1. Glad to be here to learn. Thanks for reading!
          Last edited by BrassEVO; 02-06-2022, 8:23 PM.

Comment

• tzienlee
            • Apr 2024

Hi fella, wlecome to CC, always good to get newbes,... nice looing bike, not heard of a Darwin before but it looks good....
            by the way, the 1200 Sporty was 73ci.1199cc.. & the Big Twins, (Pans, Knucks & shovels) were the 74ci 1204cc,
            a tad pedantic i know, but to some of us, that extra 5cc means a lot !! hahahahaha..
            good to have ya here fella...

Comment

• drivermark
              • May 2015

Originally posted by BrassEVO
              *Update*
              I've owned this Darwin Model 1 bobber for a while now am happier with it now than when I first bought it.
              I strongly disagree with whoever said an 80ci EVO is a 'little motor'. I'm 250lbs & it pulls hard! Maybe it's the Super E & the D&D exhaust, regardless I love my Model 1. Glad to be here to learn. Thanks for reading!
              Nothing wrong with an 80 inch, I got one myself but with the aftermarket evo motors coming out at up to140+cubes and the MOCO making what 114- 125 ci stock motors an 80 incher is getting smaller (compared to the big ones) all the time.

And nice bike by the way

Comment

• golfish
                • Jul 2017

I like the evo's too. My first chopper had a 100" S$S engine, they're bullet proof. My current bike (bobber, kind of like yours) has a slightly built 96" Twevo engine.

That's more then enough HP for a small lite bike like yours.

Welcome to the part, pal

Comment

• BrassEVO
                  • Nov 2021

Thanks bro. My Model 1 also has a HD lithium ion super light battery so at the curb I don't think it weighs more than 488lbs at the most which is as far as I know very light to be pushed by a slightly tweaked 80ci EVO. All I know is I gotta hang the hell on or it'll throw me off. Even at 55mph in 5th it'll pull hard up to 82 or so. Only problem is the tiny tank (barely 2gal.) only lasts (using reserve) about 70 miles even when I don't push it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• BrassEVO
                    • Nov 2021

Brass Balls Model 1 Road TestThe Editor of American Iron Burned Through 400 miles

I don't think even if my Model 1 had a S&S 124" it would proportionately improve the motorcycle's performance. Sure it'd be somewhat faster..but not $8,000 worth of 'faster'. If I'm wrong anyone here w/ more knowledge than me is welcome to correct me.

Last edited by BrassEVO; 02-18-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;