Hey guys I picked up this mess for a Benjamin last fall
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190902_114034.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	1346746
  • Hatchet54
    • Sep 2012

You won't regret it. The LTD's are my favorite bikes of all time.
    What are your plans with it?

Comment

• dakotapig
      • Nov 2012

I put a 16x5 and 19x4 stinko on it and some bars I had in the garage on it. Rebuilt the front forks. Have to order a throttle tube, some cables. Going to have to get a new chain and cut down that seat pan and make seat for it. I had these cheap ass illegal lights that could stun a bear in the garage but here it is nowClick image for larger version

Name:	20200514_190411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	1318554

Comment

• dakotapig
        • Nov 2012

I got it running with these cheap ass Chinese air filters after I had to hack off the hard ass stock airbox to clean the carb bank. Probably going to get some nice unis. I'm probably going to keep it ratty/ mad max looking. It is so much fun to ride. Going to try and keep it under 600 bucks. Think a homemade seatpan/ covered with a yoga mat and saddle blanket. Might go back to the single big ass headlight

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Check on forums how to tune it for pod filters.

We used cheap #60 thru 80 bit sets to drill low speed jets in that era because they are all lean stock. Kawa forums should cover any useful carb mods.

Comment

• dakotapig
            • Nov 2012

Thanks are you talking about kzrider or a different site. They all suggested the dynojet when I was looking around. Can you dm a thread about that idk about the rules on here about cross posting. The dynojet was kinda steep for my blood with this caliber of a scoot.

Comment

• ThatOneDad
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by dakotapig
              Thanks are you talking about kzrider or a different site. They all suggested the dynojet when I was looking around. Can you dm a thread about that idk about the rules on here about cross posting. The dynojet was kinda steep for my blood with this caliber of a scoot.
              Dont spend your money on a dynojet kit. Kzrider is a great forum and try a 17.5 pilot and 110 main jet. You can still get jets at your local MC dealers all day long. I think last time I got a full set for a 4 was 26 bucks for 16 jets.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                • Sep 2012

Hah! What the hell. I JUST ordered a set of those same exact tires, in that same size, for my own KZ with those same mags. About 5 minutes ago. Total coincidence. That tripped me out. LOL.

You don't need a dynojet kit for this bike. IMO those kits are only necessary because of the adjustable needle, which is a necessity for some carbs but not all. I am assuming your bike has Mikuni 34's or 36's. If so (and if running with pods) shim your needle with 1 or 2 small washers to adjust it. Costs $0.39 instead of $60
                I also get my jets from China (I know, but this is the only thing I buy). Check out the seller OKPARTS on Amazon. Since they are so cheap this way you can buy sets in a large range to make tuning a lot more freeing. I got 10 main jets for like 16 dollars or something.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                  • Sep 2012

By the way, if it's in good enough condition you might be able to sell that stock airbox. A lot of the crowd on the KZrider forum is into stock restorations

Comment

• dakotapig
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Hatchet54
                    Hah! What the hell. I JUST ordered a set of those same exact tires, in that same size, for my own KZ with those same mags. About 5 minutes ago. Total coincidence. That tripped me out. LOL.

You don't need a dynojet kit for this bike. IMO those kits are only necessary because of the adjustable needle, which is a necessity for some carbs but not all. I am assuming your bike has Mikuni 34's or 36's. If so (and if running with pods) shim your needle with 1 or 2 small washers to adjust it. Costs $0.39 instead of $60
                    I also get my jets from China (I know, but this is the only thing I buy). Check out the seller OKPARTS on Amazon. Since they are so cheap this way you can buy sets in a large range to make tuning a lot more freeing. I got 10 main jets for like 16 dollars or something.
                    Tk carbs. The stock box is ok. I fucked up some of the boots getting them off. Hard as my pp at the titty bar. I saw some guys using silicone hose instead of the factory boots. I could try and do that if it would save hassle with jetting. Just worried about getting it to seal good. Would that be my best bet with these since they aren't mikunis? Yeah I love these tires.I don't know how old the tires I took off but they were a bastard to break the bead. I had to cut them off

Comment

• dakotapig
                      • Nov 2012

Also I need to replace cam plug covers and was going to do valve cover gasket at same time. Guys who did it before used yamabond on some spots is the black permatex close enough or should I order a tube of that yamabond

Comment

• Skjoll
                        • Oct 2018

I've preferred Permatex Ultra Copper since it has a higher temp rating than the black silicone. For applications where gasket thickness doesn't really matter I cut gaskets out of oilboard (aka chipboard, cardstock... the same stuff the old fashioned brown style stencils are cut from that has a thin varnish sorta surface finish... in the old days we used cereal boxes) and apply a very thin, almost transluscent, coating of Ultra Copper, let it set for about 15 minutes so it skins over and then install the part.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;