Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjvass
    • Feb 2015

Danny Gray Seats

Thinking about buying a Danny Gray Seat for my 2018 FLH std. Looking for something soft for my boney ass maybe air adjustable? Anyone have a Danny Gray and your opinion?
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by jjvass
    Anyone have a Danny Gray and your opinion?
    Opinion????? Sure if your 2018 FLH std big ole stock seat isn't soft enough, I suggest riding more that's about the only way to make riding a bike more comfortable........

Not being an ass just being honest..............

Comment

• Peterson13
      • Dec 2009

I had a Danny Gray on my Standard for years. Very well made with high quality materials. Mine wasn't made for miles so after a few hundred it got uncomfortable. It did look good though.

Comment

• jjvass
        • Feb 2015

I have a std,police bike the seat is ok,but after 500 miles....back surgery, arthritis well let's just say,I have felt better.. looking for a single seat with a pillon I can use for my pack n stuff when on the road.

Comment

• jjvass
          • Feb 2015

Thanks, they look really good,but function is the thing.

Comment

• 47str8leg
            • Sep 2014

A) -get a police pogo seat. Best ever for long distance or back problems.
            B) Very hard to get excited over a Danny Gray seat.
            C) not going to find better than a pogo.
            Get a tour pack for your stuff and a pillion for the passenger.
            With a police seat and highway pegs and passenger pegs or floorboards you get 3 different riding positions.You aren't going to beat that. The police seat brings you up and back slightly so it plants your feet more naturally on your floorboards, allows you to stretch more foward to your highway pegs ( if you have a heel/toe shifter you can up and down shift with your boot heel.) and allows you to reach the passenger pegs easier.
            Police bikes are set up for riding long distances better than any other Harley.
            Last edited by 47str8leg; 11-12-2019, 9:12 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

I have a std,police bike the seat is ok,but after 500 miles....back surgery, arthritis well let's just say,I have felt better.. looking for a single seat with a pillon I can use for my pack n stuff when on the road.
              I do understand....... I was wondering if you have forward pegs on your crash bars???????

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

Did you get one with the back rest for lumbar support? No lumbar support attached to the seat = screwed. Check bagger forums for full details on how to set up the cop seats and different shock absorber options. Mustang also make one or if you can't find the cop back rest you can copy the mount and use a different one. I'm hunting that back rest too.

After enough spine destruction you simply won't be able to ride as long as you like without stops/exercise/pain killers. Also try a kidney belt. Dirt bikers don't use them for nothing and their versions are washable and don't look like BDSM gear.

Comment

• Skjoll
                  • Oct 2018

... well let's just say,I have felt better...
                  What seat would that have been? I'd try to find something similar.

Originally posted by 47str8leg
                  ... With a police seat and highway pegs and passenger pegs or floorboards you get 3 different riding positions.You aren't going to beat that...
                  IMO this is the secret to long distance riding, the ability to vary your riding position. It's one of the reasons I hate dished 'form-fitting' seats, especially when they have an integral backrest.
                  Last edited by Skjoll; 11-12-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Did you get one with the back rest for lumbar support? No lumbar support attached to the seat = screwed.
                    You know I put one of those on my 07 Street Glide and I hated it......... I never leaned back on it because I don't ride that way, I ride upright with my feet down and to the rear of the floor boards and not stretched out...... All the back rest was is in the way when I got on and off the bike............. It only lasted about a week on my bike.........

People riding with there feet up on pegs, stretched as far as they can is poor posture........ Hell it's no wonder peoples back hurts after several hundred miles..........

Comment

• Skjoll
                      • Oct 2018

A fun tool to see what ergos people prefer.

Comment

• farmall
                        • Apr 2013

People riding with there feet up on pegs, stretched as far as they can is poor posture........ Hell it's no wonder peoples back hurts after several hundred miles..........
                        That's why I won't own a bike with forwards. The feet cannot be used to lift the pelvis off the seat to absorb shocks and protect the spine.

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

That's why I won't own a bike with forwards. The feet cannot be used to lift the pelvis off the seat to absorb shocks and protect the spine.
                          Yep that's exactly why I ride with my feet under me........... Now my pan and knuck is different............. I don't ride a 1000 miles on them............

Comment

• Skjoll
                            • Oct 2018

With my main Sporty that I use for touring I don't mind the forwards too much since I have the passenger pegs to work with too. One of these days I may add mids but for now this works for me.

BTW Tattooo, I like the belt... can you 'snap into a Slim Jim, oooh yeah'... or does it need a huge ass buckle to qualify?!!

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Skjoll
                              BTW Tattooo, I like the belt... can you 'snap into a Slim Jim, oooh yeah'... or does it need a huge ass buckle to qualify?!!

LOL I don't know??????

Glad you like it you won't believe how much it helps...........

If you have one and were to wear a WWF belt backwards it should work just fine.................
                              Last edited by Tattooo; 11-12-2019, 4:55 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;