Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koehler57
    • Feb 2010

Baker 6 into 4 with barnett scorpion billet clutch adjustment issue/ question

So I have a baker 6 into 4 with a scorpion billet clutch all set up for a shovelhead. Question is, when I screwthe adjuster rod into the pressure plate on the clutch I can only screw it in about a quarter of a inch before it bottoms out and the clutch engagement arm on top of the trans is all the way back. Is this correct or what do I have to do to corect this. Just seems like it should screw in a lot farther. Here's some pics.
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

Why not shorten it? Or better yet, cut the pushrod
    If you do, the hardening on the tip of either will be gone, so...
    Cut it a little shorter and put a ball bearing in between. Grease too.
    You could always call Baker and/or Scorpion, see what they have to say

Comment

• Friday
      • Sep 2012

nice set up, baker box, barnett clutch ...and what push rod? HD have diff length main shafts and matching length push rods.

looks like theres a mismatch , the box must have ref on their site to what year they are built for.
      ask them what length rod is needed.

is there a oil filler on the rear ward side on right side? have a look in side to see if the wafer throw out bearing is on or if its fallen off. theyre a shit little thing

what year does the barnett clutch suit? seems its just the rod thats the odd one but if it came with the box then its compatibility between box and clutch needs looking into to

Comment

• koehler57
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Friday
        nice set up, baker box, barnett clutch ...and what push rod? HD have diff length main shafts and matching length push rods.

looks like theres a mismatch , the box must have ref on their site to what year they are built for.
        ask them what length rod is needed.

is there a oil filler on the rear ward side on right side? have a look in side to see if the wafer throw out bearing is on or if its fallen off. theyre a shit little thing

what year does the barnett clutch suit? seems its just the rod thats the odd one but if it came with the box then its compatibility between box and clutch needs looking into to
        Ya it came with the baker and then baker sent me the one that goes into barnetts pressure plate ...idk baker tol me to cut it and reharden it but that doesn't seem right

Comment

• aaronc
          • Apr 2024

Shouldnt there be room for the nut to lock it down?

Comment

• koehler57
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by aaronc
            Shouldnt there be room for the nut to lock it down?
            Ya the nut is super skinny thou its only takes up like 4 threads

Comment

• Friday
              • Sep 2012

sounds like bull shit to me, I bet that cost a few quid. Id ask Barnett their version then go back to Baker.
              supposed to be bolt on product......then they say grind off x amount then, heat to max and drop in carbon powder to case harden !!... BS!!

that does away with their responsibility/liability/warranty.

shit ,they should have outlined instructiuons. plain and simply = doesnt sound right .

it says 6 in a 4 box, there fore its designed for a 4 SPEED FRAME ,there fore they should have the know all about fitment alignment and function of THEIR PRODUCT.

I wouldnt cut nothin. Im guessing you bought new, sure looks that way. Threaten them with boxing it up and sending it back, chances are theyll soon remember how it all goes together.

their product, their engineers, think Ill have a look at the site meself out of curiosity.

Comment

• Friday
                • Sep 2012

took a look at bakers and barnett sites,

baker #6402-W 6 in 4 $3350 thats a lump of money and they owe you the right parts.
                might want to measure the length of the push rod and the adjuster screw and email that , maybe a cock up in the dispatch.
                If they sent the scorpion then they should know the right parts

Grinding and case hardening isnt right when your paying good money.

I didnt see install info on the site. what temp would they recommend for case hardening? and what type of carbon powder?, what type of gas tip would they recommend?

sounds like the guy on the ph was giving ya the short shaft.

Comment

• Revelator
                  • Aug 2009

pull the push rod out of the shaft (with a pencil magnet) & measure the push rod.

I have a spare Baker push rod & It is the short one, measuring 11.25" If yours measures 11.75"
                  then the shorter one should do the trick. I would then ask Baker to send out the shorter push rod if that trans
                  is new.

Comment

• koehler57
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Revelator
                    pull the push rod out of the shaft (with a pencil magnet) & measure the push rod.

I have a spare Baker push rod & It is the short one, measuring 11.25" If yours measures 11.75"
                    then the shorter one should do the trick. I would then ask Baker to send out the shorter push rod if that trans
                    is new.
                    Thanks for the info I'll try that tommorow and ya its brand new

Comment

• koehler57
                      • Feb 2010

So I pulled the pusrod out and measured it at 11 inchs, my local shop had given me two other ones to try and one was 10 3/4 which gave me some extra adjustment so I think it should be good now.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;