PDA

View Full Version : easy ass parts washer.

luke13
11-23-2013, 12:41 AM
be real carefull with this one cause if her indoors catches ya you'll be in world of shit, the DISHWASHER is an excellent parts washer i just use regular dishwash powder , but use great caution. if you can get one for your shed even better, just make sure you oil all your steel parts afterwards.

Dig
12-12-2013, 11:12 AM
That would be perfect for washing my ass parts.

Ato
12-13-2013, 8:55 AM
The wife is itching for a new dishwasher so she might actually approve of this hoping I'll break the fuck out of ours.

DustyDave
12-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Using the dishwasher on parts didn't upset her nearly as much as when I used the oven to cure the Glyptol that I sealed some cases with. The whole house stunk for three days. It sure cured the Glyptol nicely though.
Dusty

loser69
12-17-2013, 5:55 PM
Hate to sound like a tree huger but it's a bad idea to put that gunk into the water supply. I'd adapt it to drain where it can be properly disposed of.

Choppasaki
12-19-2013, 6:21 PM
Here's a little tip for a make shift ultra sonic If you have a garbage disposal on your sink and it's on of those cheesy thin stainless sinks....
I use No Toils filter oil and powder cleaner on my dirt bike filters, and I always run out of oil before the cleaner, the cleaner not only cleans their oil it works wonders on all kinds of other greasy,oily sticky shit.
fill the sink with hot water and a half a cup of the No Toil cleaner, or Simple green, whatever mix it well throw in your parts, that will fit of course, and turn on the garbage disposal. the vibrations work like an ultra sonic and will clean the shit out of parts you can't get into with banana fingers

deerwesm
12-20-2013, 6:02 PM
My old lady is going to give me wierd looks when i ask for used kitchen appliances for the garage for xmas.

aready have a fridge. now i need an oven, dishwasher, and a sink with a garbage disposal....might as well get some cabinets too.

JohnnyBGoode
12-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I tried to stick my ass in the dish washer...

you have to close the door :(

monkeyoflove
12-21-2013, 1:29 PM
haha I washed a primary in the dishwasher...........I had to buy a new dishwasher. that old grease never quit smelling

904Punk
12-21-2013, 2:38 PM
We've never used the dishwasher in our house, now it looks like there is finally a use for it! Going to find something in the garage for it today when I get off work! :-)

Choppasaki
12-28-2013, 8:52 PM
My old lady is going to give me wierd looks when i ask for used kitchen appliances for the garage for xmas.

aready have a fridge. now i need an oven, dishwasher, and a sink with a garbage disposal....might as well get some cabinets too.

Might as well, haha

SquashThatFly
01-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Im pretty sure my dishwasher would slap me in the face with whatever part i asked her to clean

dickhead
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=SquashThatFly;570809]Im pretty sure my dishwasher would slap me in the face with whatever part i asked her to clean[/QU :killerjob: LOL :clap for you::cheersmate:

whino
12-15-2015, 4:39 AM
I tried the dishwasher cleaned outer cases after degreasing always got a white film what type of cleaner are u using frustrated whino

IchibanMoto
12-27-2015, 9:43 AM
I rebuilt a turbo recently and used my wife's dishwasher to clean the compressor and turbine housings. I just used her Cascade pods.

The results are in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDCMDj-WAU

CGGodfrog3698
01-12-2016, 7:18 PM
I do my tools when needed in my dishwasher. Then do a "ghost" load to clean it out afterward.

Slamgears
01-14-2016, 7:24 AM
I know a lot of guys I know in cars do heads in the dishwasher all the time.