New tubes were not in the budget. Fortunately I cleaned out a workbench last week and found a set of used standard fork tubes from a previous restoration. They have some rust where the head light brackets used to sit, but the seal area was OK. Out came the cherry picker, and 45 minutes later the bike was slammed to the ground with OEM stance. Nice!
The seat problem was solved on the other side of the big pond, where I found a vintage Giuliari seat on ebay Germany. It had terrible overspray and some busted seams and splits, but it was complete and no one bid on it. For 100 bucks (including shipping to relatives in Germany) it was mine!!! My parent were shipping a box to me anyway, so they just stuck the seat into the package. This last purchase busted my $1000 ceiling by $50, but having no back pain on the long trip will be priceless!!!!
After cleaning the vinyl with acetone and rubbing off the primer on the delicate logos with silicone grease (works great), I patched the splits with a vinyl repair kit, sewed up a few seams and here it is:
There have been some adjustments to the daily maps as well as the main hi-res map, so all links have been updated and now show the slight route changes. To aid in directions, I have created some route sheets that will be provided on day one along with a copy of the hi-res map.You can see the route sheets here and here.
There are quite a few gas station options from day to day, however there are handful that only accept cash without any ATMs near. Be prepared.
If you have any questions or concerns shoot an email to email@example.com.