Damn, Sometimes I feel like things just won't ever end. We started the office renovations over a month ago and we are still going at it. I'm just about burned out on this crap. Staying up till 3 am painting trim sucks. Days where you can't find a nylock nut in the sea of hardware bins. Paint, rearranging, tightening up our hardware storage, cleaning, redecorating, blah, blah, blah. I swear if I have to sort much more hardware I'm gonna punch myself in the balls. Thanks to my good friend Petey for hooking us up with the new artwork for the back wall. We get the hardware shelves back together in the AM and it's back to shop work again.
While all that is going on we are still in full work mode. Here's some 2 wheelers we are working on.
Honda cb350 we built a few years back for a good friend. Due to some unfortunate situations it had to sit outside and was not seeing use. It's in for a freshening up and get it fired. Back in service soon.
Shovelhead basket case for our boy Little Mikey. He bought a complete and really dirty stocker for a good price and the chop is on. Nothing fancy, just a down and dirty chop with one purpose: getting there.
I guess it's a "pile" or a "basket case" now isn't it?
Just got back from the pre party. Show Class showed class and the Strange Days guys unveiled the giveaway bike. Looking good. I can't wait to see it in the sun tomorrow. That white with glittery flake is gonna pop. Someone is going home with a sweet bike. I hope it's me!!!!
Here's James from 831 Enterprise talking shop with Strange Days founder Kenny Bongiorno.
Our customer is building a bike reminiscent of the ones Losa Engineering did a while back. It's a 1964 cb160. We cleaned up some tabs and brackets off the frame, added the rear loop and notched a bit to mount the tail cone/seat. Added a sheet metal pan for the battery and starter solenoid complete with studs for mounting. Drilled and bent up an Aluminum battery retainer to keep the Shorai ultra light and super powerful battery in place (2 lbs. and it cranks the engine over). Fabbed the plate mount. Added a After Hours Choppers tail lamp (super easy to work with and top quality part. Buy one!). We drilled a bunch of holes in perfectly good parts and made the stainless steel linkages for the Losa Eng. rearsets (set up with GP shift pattern). We mounted a few items and made some little knick-knacks here and there. New stainless exhaust is next.
64 cb160. Bunch of fab and custom pipes in the works. 71 ct70 has been sitting a long time. Get it running and do some basic stuff. Got the '53 F1 front end mocked at ride height and lowered the rear a bit to match. And a clutch replacement for good measure.
Got bust getting things apart on this '52 chevy wagon. Needs springs, shackles, shocks, brakes, a rear axle rebuild, steering joint rebuild, rebuilt steering box, new dual pot power master and front disc brakes, u joints, a throw out bearing, and some other stuff. Yeah rust!