BORN-FREE 6 ?

Wow it's hard to believe that BF5 was almost a month ago..all the planning and work that goes into this show( for everyone involved) is over in a blink of an eye. The dust has finally settled a bit and unfortunately for us we need to make a decision on BF6. The site needs a commitment very soon or the dates will be gone and park rented to someone else. We had a great show and if definitely was much bigger than the previous year.. is that good or bad not really sure? We had a lot of growing pains this year and some drama but that's life. We can't please everyone and some don't want it even if we could. I did learn some things this year... The show is not going to work for everyone ( including builders, vendors, sponsors or spectators) & that's ok, we also need  to thicken our skin a bit .When you put all your time & effort, you pour your heart and soul into something you love and then people trash you it's a tough pill to swallow...but that's the deal and we get it. We also need more help..a lot more and lastly if we  do the show again we need to get back control of it before it goes the wrong direction. Oh.. I also forgot to mention we did not sell the show
..infact it's never been discussed so don't believe rumors or spread em. If you want to know something just ask us..      I found this flyer from the first show..man that was fun!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 06:11 pm

Love the Show, being there, a part of it. was great, took all I could do to be there, an will go thru Hell an High Water. to be there again! hope you make it happen. To bad about the negative feedback. the positive should out weigh that by a long shot! thx for your time an hard werk. BF6!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 08:05 pm

The show was the business man, haters are gonna hate no matter what!! You cats did an amazing job and like Mrflameman57 said the positives out weigh the negatives(none in my opinion) by far. Keep up the good work brother and I can't wait for next years show.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 04:28 am

I couldn't even begin to imagine the work it takes to make that show happen...but its an awesome show, you guys did a great job!!! and looking forward to bf6...thanks for the hard work....

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 05:18 am

BF5 was my first Born free show,I loved and cant wait to go to BF6 and more. Whatever you guys are doing.....Its working. Keep it up.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 06:51 am

I've been to every Born Free to date and they have gotten bigger and better each year. I totally loved BF2 the most in Signal Hill (but I was merely a spectator there... so that explains it)(free beer). This year we had a double wide booth and sold more t-shirts than at any other single "vendor" event in our Lady Hump / Gasser Lounge history! CRFyou shirts were a fucking smash!!! ~ Thanks everyone! Can't believe how hot it was but whatever... sorry for everyone stuck in traffic... hope we quenched your thirst if you swung by? can't wait for next year... we might triple the booth! Mike and Grant; just do your thing! Anyone there and unhappy isn't as unhappy as the millions who never had the chance to attended a BF... :-(

Commented on 8-22-2013 At 12:04 pm

I have been to all but number 1.
I think they have all gotten getter each year. That said , I can only hope tree is another. Yeah it was hot, yeah it was crowded, if it wasn't the haters woulda complained about that too.
Maybe it's time to start charging for admission. It would weed out some of the freeloaders and whiners. I'd pay for the experience.
IF that was the last, I thank you for what you for what you have done. It's been a great ride.

Commented on 10-4-2013 At 07:09 pm

when will that date for born free 6 be up? me and a few of my buds are going to ride are scoots down route 66 to get there next year going to do it on a 10 foot shovel chop and a 67 iron chop that triple D and i are building as of right now

Recent Blogs

L A Z DOG

WEEK #12: REBUILD OF THE 1967 IRONHEAD

Oilpump doesn't seem to have problems, it was welded in the pest but no leaks to be seen. Hope its fine cause it costs about 800 bucks to replace the whole pump. Cams seems fine too, but thats just my opinion, we will replace the bearings even if they are in good shape. Yes its really a '67 XLH #2135 engine that came with the frame, all stamped parts I found so far are all from the best year of alltime: 1967.

Party On Wayne

The Juan Show.

I'll be in TX :-(

Dan Venditto

Dan Venditto hails from the great state of Pennsylvania in a little town called Ephrata. The internet is a remarkable place to find anything and everything you are interested in and one day I stumbled upon Dan’s photography. It was different, new looking and yet kind of reminded me of myself in little way. He's always trying new things and growing as an artist. I have loved witnessing his progression and eagerness to capture everything amazing when it comes to motorcycles. Every single picture I see him getting closer and closer to mastering his craft. It brings me the biggest smile to welcome Dan Venditto to Fuel Cleveland, who will also be showcasing some of his amazing work on May 9th, 2015.

-Mikey Revolt

Dan Venditto, where do you call home?

D: Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. I’ve always lived in the general area.

Is there a certain draw to you and motorcycles or do you photograph more than just bikes?

D: Almost always motorcycles, but I have been playing around with bud’s cars, trucks and some skate shots lately.

What has been your favorite place, event or even time of your life?

D: My favorite place would have to be where I live. It’s a very small-town… I dig it. Strange Days is damn near my perfect event – laid-back hangin’ with lots of badass bikes and good people. Time of my life would have to be right now…tons of stability but many doors are opening.

Is there a place you would want to jump on your bike and just go right now if you had the chance to do so?

D: Southern California, preferably in the middle of nowhere, like where I live now…perfect weather and open roads. The South would have to be my second choice, warm weather and a slower pace.

What is your dream bike?

D: One with two wheels, some character and history, but only something my extremely talented buds had a hand in building. I’ve made some awesome friends in this short time and I’d be honored if they were a part of my dream bike.

How long have you been into photography?

D: I guess I’ve always had an interest in photography, but only picked up a serious camera about two years ago. Self-taught with plenty of mistakes.

What moves and inspires you? What inspires your photography?

D: Solid, genuine, humble people have always inspired me. They also tend to be the ones that share my taste in motorcycles and what I like to photograph. I’ve been described as very private and simple, and have no problem with it. Quality, character and a sense of history also move me.

How many miles have you put on your bike or camera this past year?

D: A decent amount on the camera but nowhere near enough on the bike. My intent when starting to photograph bikes was to learn more. The camera has briefly robbed me of that, but it won’t always be the case.

You a Canon or Nikon guy? Or something completely different?

D: Canon

What vision do you want to portray and share with people when you take a photo?

D: A good image. I’m not that deep. I shoot what I like, that’s about it.

Any crazy or chaotic stories about a trip, photo shoot, or event?

D: Nothing that has to do with being on a motorcycle. Plenty of good times, I'm no saint, but nothing I’d say was chaotic. Again, I’m the simple one here, but lucky enough to have crazy buds that are cool with it. I’ve seen a lot, but keep my mouth shut, so I get invited back.

What was 13 year old Dan like?

D: 13 year old Dan? Fat (but happy).

Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese Doritos? Hahahaha

D: Yes – see above. I’m not picky. I’ll eat just about anything that isn’t good for me, especially after a night of partying.

Anyone you would like to give a shout out to or thank?

D: Roost Cycles, ChopCult, Puresludge, DC and Mikey Arnold…their guidance, support, tolerance of my stupidity, and having my back has been immeasurable.

Anything you find interesting about yourself or any stories you want to share or add?

D: Interesting, no. I’m sure that I’m the simplest one in the mix. I appreciate the opportunity that has been given to me to be among this fine company. I thank everyone involved for making it happen.

Be sure to check out Dan's work at the show and for more of his Photography go to www.dv8sport.com

The Minotaur

Got the 56 Triumph done at to the GNRS. Big Thanks to David Bond @ Lucky B Design for the killer signage & John Edwards for the perfect Paint.