BORN-FREE 6 ?

Wow it's hard to believe that BF5 was almost a month ago..all the planning and work that goes into this show( for everyone involved) is over in a blink of an eye. The dust has finally settled a bit and unfortunately for us we need to make a decision on BF6. The site needs a commitment very soon or the dates will be gone and park rented to someone else. We had a great show and if definitely was much bigger than the previous year.. is that good or bad not really sure? We had a lot of growing pains this year and some drama but that's life. We can't please everyone and some don't want it even if we could. I did learn some things this year... The show is not going to work for everyone ( including builders, vendors, sponsors or spectators) & that's ok, we also need  to thicken our skin a bit .When you put all your time & effort, you pour your heart and soul into something you love and then people trash you it's a tough pill to swallow...but that's the deal and we get it. We also need more help..a lot more and lastly if we  do the show again we need to get back control of it before it goes the wrong direction. Oh.. I also forgot to mention we did not sell the show
..infact it's never been discussed so don't believe rumors or spread em. If you want to know something just ask us..      I found this flyer from the first show..man that was fun!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 06:11 pm

Love the Show, being there, a part of it. was great, took all I could do to be there, an will go thru Hell an High Water. to be there again! hope you make it happen. To bad about the negative feedback. the positive should out weigh that by a long shot! thx for your time an hard werk. BF6!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 08:05 pm

The show was the business man, haters are gonna hate no matter what!! You cats did an amazing job and like Mrflameman57 said the positives out weigh the negatives(none in my opinion) by far. Keep up the good work brother and I can't wait for next years show.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 04:28 am

I couldn't even begin to imagine the work it takes to make that show happen...but its an awesome show, you guys did a great job!!! and looking forward to bf6...thanks for the hard work....

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 05:18 am

BF5 was my first Born free show,I loved and cant wait to go to BF6 and more. Whatever you guys are doing.....Its working. Keep it up.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 06:51 am

I've been to every Born Free to date and they have gotten bigger and better each year. I totally loved BF2 the most in Signal Hill (but I was merely a spectator there... so that explains it)(free beer). This year we had a double wide booth and sold more t-shirts than at any other single "vendor" event in our Lady Hump / Gasser Lounge history! CRFyou shirts were a fucking smash!!! ~ Thanks everyone! Can't believe how hot it was but whatever... sorry for everyone stuck in traffic... hope we quenched your thirst if you swung by? can't wait for next year... we might triple the booth! Mike and Grant; just do your thing! Anyone there and unhappy isn't as unhappy as the millions who never had the chance to attended a BF... :-(

Commented on 8-22-2013 At 12:04 pm

I have been to all but number 1.
I think they have all gotten getter each year. That said , I can only hope tree is another. Yeah it was hot, yeah it was crowded, if it wasn't the haters woulda complained about that too.
Maybe it's time to start charging for admission. It would weed out some of the freeloaders and whiners. I'd pay for the experience.
IF that was the last, I thank you for what you for what you have done. It's been a great ride.

Commented on 10-4-2013 At 07:09 pm

when will that date for born free 6 be up? me and a few of my buds are going to ride are scoots down route 66 to get there next year going to do it on a 10 foot shovel chop and a 67 iron chop that triple D and i are building as of right now

Recent Blogs

Born Free (19/20) ...my favorite Panhead at Born Free 6

I didn't catch the name of this Panhead if it had one, and the pictures didn't come out that good, it was kinda in the sun, but still in the shande and it was parked in dirt so everyone walking around it gave it a layer of dust, but I still love the lines/molding and artwork on it.

TOMORROW NIGHT!!! 6-10PM COME ON DOWN!

SUPPORT MC CULTURE IN DETROIT and COME ON DOWN to EXPOSURES!!! Consider this the official kick-off to all the OILY SOULS happenings!!!  BRING YOUR BIKE!!!!!!!

$20 Paintjob Poster Prize!!!!!

Ok Folks, here is the deal:
There are 100 of these 18x24" posters that will be rolled up in 100 individual tubes.
This poster is of Chris Broders 1949 Chevy Kustom, built by Circle City Hot Rods and painted by yours truly.
The talented Mark Kawakami took all of the sweet pictures.

In one of these tubes a "golden ticket" will be placed and the whole batched mixed up before any address label is attached. All tubes will be mailed out simultaneously on the same day via USPS priority mail.

What does the golden ticket get you? It gets you this Lowbrow Customs Peanut Tank and Ribbed Fender that I have painted with a tangerine "pebbeled" Murano Pearl base and a modern type yellow pearl kabuki scallop design.

This is a brand new tank and fender folks, with a brand new paintjob!
(and if you don't like the paintjob, and sandblast it, I wont be offended, this is still a hell of a deal for a brand new tank and fender!)
But wait there's more, "a sorry bud, nice try" voucher will be placed in one more tube that will be good for a t-shirt and one of our "hood-lite" cast aluminum license plate and tail-light bracket.

Now you gotta be asking yourself, whats the deal?
The deal is $20.00 for one tubed poster shipped in the USA and perhaps this tank and fender will be yours!
(that's like 1% of the real cost of a decent paintjob!)
 However, this offer is good until next Monday July 28th.  All sales will stop at midnight and all tubed posters will be shipped by noon on Tuesday July 29th.

go here for yours today

Thank you!
Harpoon

Full Tilt Boogie 2014 - Part 5

It's nice to see people getting creative with Evos and there was a good mix at Full Tilt 4.

This softail proves you don't need a tubing bender when you can weld.

I saw this super-clean Dyna a few days earlier at Rumble on the Deck [blog post].  It has a really nice hand shift / foot clutch setup too.

Hardtailed Evo:

One man band:

Nate had the best aftermarket accessory:

Japanese and British bikes are up next before I unleash an avalanche of Sportsters on you.

Bike Reveal (Soundtrack by Danny Elfman, Bike by Top Of Drain)

Gasser Lounge, Redondo Beach.

Guru Mike had his hands the dirtiest in the Sportster's Ruin build and it was only fitting that he gave the unveiling announcement over it's vision with a huge thanks to his wife Lisa for letting us continually take him away to toil away in the garage late into the night...

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Gasser Lounge and supported the Gasser Lounge / Lady Hump / Sailor Jerry "Sportster's Ruin" bike unveiling and helped raise over $1,000.00 donated to helping veterans / charity at Johnny's Saloon in Huntington Beach, U.S.A.!