BORN-FREE 6 ?

Wow it's hard to believe that BF5 was almost a month ago..all the planning and work that goes into this show( for everyone involved) is over in a blink of an eye. The dust has finally settled a bit and unfortunately for us we need to make a decision on BF6. The site needs a commitment very soon or the dates will be gone and park rented to someone else. We had a great show and if definitely was much bigger than the previous year.. is that good or bad not really sure? We had a lot of growing pains this year and some drama but that's life. We can't please everyone and some don't want it even if we could. I did learn some things this year... The show is not going to work for everyone ( including builders, vendors, sponsors or spectators) & that's ok, we also need  to thicken our skin a bit .When you put all your time & effort, you pour your heart and soul into something you love and then people trash you it's a tough pill to swallow...but that's the deal and we get it. We also need more help..a lot more and lastly if we  do the show again we need to get back control of it before it goes the wrong direction. Oh.. I also forgot to mention we did not sell the show
..infact it's never been discussed so don't believe rumors or spread em. If you want to know something just ask us..      I found this flyer from the first show..man that was fun!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 06:11 pm

Love the Show, being there, a part of it. was great, took all I could do to be there, an will go thru Hell an High Water. to be there again! hope you make it happen. To bad about the negative feedback. the positive should out weigh that by a long shot! thx for your time an hard werk. BF6!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 08:05 pm

The show was the business man, haters are gonna hate no matter what!! You cats did an amazing job and like Mrflameman57 said the positives out weigh the negatives(none in my opinion) by far. Keep up the good work brother and I can't wait for next years show.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 04:28 am

I couldn't even begin to imagine the work it takes to make that show happen...but its an awesome show, you guys did a great job!!! and looking forward to bf6...thanks for the hard work....

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 05:18 am

BF5 was my first Born free show,I loved and cant wait to go to BF6 and more. Whatever you guys are doing.....Its working. Keep it up.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 06:51 am

I've been to every Born Free to date and they have gotten bigger and better each year. I totally loved BF2 the most in Signal Hill (but I was merely a spectator there... so that explains it)(free beer). This year we had a double wide booth and sold more t-shirts than at any other single "vendor" event in our Lady Hump / Gasser Lounge history! CRFyou shirts were a fucking smash!!! ~ Thanks everyone! Can't believe how hot it was but whatever... sorry for everyone stuck in traffic... hope we quenched your thirst if you swung by? can't wait for next year... we might triple the booth! Mike and Grant; just do your thing! Anyone there and unhappy isn't as unhappy as the millions who never had the chance to attended a BF... :-(

Commented on 8-22-2013 At 12:04 pm

I have been to all but number 1.
I think they have all gotten getter each year. That said , I can only hope tree is another. Yeah it was hot, yeah it was crowded, if it wasn't the haters woulda complained about that too.
Maybe it's time to start charging for admission. It would weed out some of the freeloaders and whiners. I'd pay for the experience.
IF that was the last, I thank you for what you for what you have done. It's been a great ride.

Commented on 10-4-2013 At 07:09 pm

when will that date for born free 6 be up? me and a few of my buds are going to ride are scoots down route 66 to get there next year going to do it on a 10 foot shovel chop and a 67 iron chop that triple D and i are building as of right now

Recent Blogs

SAMHAIN

Matt Jackson's 47 Knuckle

Merry Samhain

Last Saturday Night, for One Night Only. SLC, Utah.

On Saturday night Dice Magazine and Bolts Action teamed up with Super Top Secret to launch Issue 58.
Salt Lake came out in full force and we threw one hell of a party. We asked Andy from Pangea Speed to help me out with "Chopper Challenges", a series of games(old and new) to get the crowd participating and see how high we could raise the bar. We started with the Slow Race, then the 2X4 Challenge, Pin The Mustache on the Hipster, Chopper Piñata, and the grand finale was the Launch Ramp contest which came down to two dudes who both went about 40 feet out on their sporties! 500 people lining the alleyway of Super Top Secret and no one got hurt, no fights, and the cops didn't get called, we were literally playing the odds! We moved everyone inside as God's Revolver went on around 10:30 and we started the Mini Ramp Jam for the following 45 minutes, so many local rippers it was insane. 900 PBR's were consumed and 15 cases of Peligroso Tequila, yikes! It was a night to remember and we definitely have big shoes to fill for the next one.
Here are some photos of the evening. The BOSS shots are from Steven Stone,

and here are some randoms from all over the place, some showing the room before the kick off.

What a fantastic time. So many thanks to Jake Hobbs, Andy Carter and Jeremy Jones. And too Steve Stone and all at Super Top Secret. Lets do it again!!!!

More on ignition weights and such

I went to buy new weights, but all I could get quickly was a full set of points with all the hardware, too. That's okay; I'll have some extra stuff for about the same money. Racerjim made a good point about checking to be sure the sides of the cone would clear a new set of weights and yet it appears that one side is a bit tight.

So I filed it down a bit and cleaned out the shavings.

I have messaging back and forth with HaWgRyder, too. I was trying to figure out his tip about drilling a hole in the points plate to allow the weights to be lubricated without pulling the points plates. Hopefully, I am following what he said correctly. His suggestion was a 3/8 inch hole about the 7 o'clock position. And don't try to drill with the plate installed in the cone.

Get this wire out of the way.

Center punch.

Center drill to start a hole.

Step drill just like OCC does.

Seems good.

A quick look and you can see the posts.

And check the springs, too.

But with everything in place, oops that's not a great place for a hole.

Make a new hole there as well.

That works.

I'm going to try these roller bearing style weights this time.

A little bit of grease.

All reassembled.

Weights into the cone.

New stand offs from the kit. Timing marks nice and lined up.

Hmmm... lots of extra hardware from the kit.

Yep, the old stand offs had washer and lock washers.

Let's redo that.

All back together. I swapped the tiny allen heads for the phillips from the kit to make it easier to mess with on the side of the road.

More Stroker breathing

Another suggestion I got to improve my breathing was to get rid of the chain oiler style breather and go with a simple straight fitting.

Pull the hose clamp and hose.

Remove breather fitting.

Get a Straight 1/4" NPT x 3/8" hose barb fitting from the hardware store. I put some pipe tape on it not to seal it, but to keep the brass and aluminum thread from galling together.

Install fitting.

Install longer hose, and hopefully that will help some more.