BORN-FREE 6 ?

Wow it's hard to believe that BF5 was almost a month ago..all the planning and work that goes into this show( for everyone involved) is over in a blink of an eye. The dust has finally settled a bit and unfortunately for us we need to make a decision on BF6. The site needs a commitment very soon or the dates will be gone and park rented to someone else. We had a great show and if definitely was much bigger than the previous year.. is that good or bad not really sure? We had a lot of growing pains this year and some drama but that's life. We can't please everyone and some don't want it even if we could. I did learn some things this year... The show is not going to work for everyone ( including builders, vendors, sponsors or spectators) & that's ok, we also need  to thicken our skin a bit .When you put all your time & effort, you pour your heart and soul into something you love and then people trash you it's a tough pill to swallow...but that's the deal and we get it. We also need more help..a lot more and lastly if we  do the show again we need to get back control of it before it goes the wrong direction. Oh.. I also forgot to mention we did not sell the show
..infact it's never been discussed so don't believe rumors or spread em. If you want to know something just ask us..      I found this flyer from the first show..man that was fun!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 06:11 pm

Love the Show, being there, a part of it. was great, took all I could do to be there, an will go thru Hell an High Water. to be there again! hope you make it happen. To bad about the negative feedback. the positive should out weigh that by a long shot! thx for your time an hard werk. BF6!

Commented on 7-21-2013 At 08:05 pm

The show was the business man, haters are gonna hate no matter what!! You cats did an amazing job and like Mrflameman57 said the positives out weigh the negatives(none in my opinion) by far. Keep up the good work brother and I can't wait for next years show.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 04:28 am

I couldn't even begin to imagine the work it takes to make that show happen...but its an awesome show, you guys did a great job!!! and looking forward to bf6...thanks for the hard work....

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 05:18 am

BF5 was my first Born free show,I loved and cant wait to go to BF6 and more. Whatever you guys are doing.....Its working. Keep it up.

Commented on 7-22-2013 At 06:51 am

I've been to every Born Free to date and they have gotten bigger and better each year. I totally loved BF2 the most in Signal Hill (but I was merely a spectator there... so that explains it)(free beer). This year we had a double wide booth and sold more t-shirts than at any other single "vendor" event in our Lady Hump / Gasser Lounge history! CRFyou shirts were a fucking smash!!! ~ Thanks everyone! Can't believe how hot it was but whatever... sorry for everyone stuck in traffic... hope we quenched your thirst if you swung by? can't wait for next year... we might triple the booth! Mike and Grant; just do your thing! Anyone there and unhappy isn't as unhappy as the millions who never had the chance to attended a BF... :-(

Commented on 8-22-2013 At 12:04 pm

I have been to all but number 1.
I think they have all gotten getter each year. That said , I can only hope tree is another. Yeah it was hot, yeah it was crowded, if it wasn't the haters woulda complained about that too.
Maybe it's time to start charging for admission. It would weed out some of the freeloaders and whiners. I'd pay for the experience.
IF that was the last, I thank you for what you for what you have done. It's been a great ride.

Commented on 10-4-2013 At 07:09 pm

when will that date for born free 6 be up? me and a few of my buds are going to ride are scoots down route 66 to get there next year going to do it on a 10 foot shovel chop and a 67 iron chop that triple D and i are building as of right now

Recent Blogs

Cry Baby For Sale

Robert is selling his bike: It was built by Kosuke Saito at Sunrise Cycles and was one of his first complete bikes.  Original 1974 shovelhead rebuilt last year by Chris at LA Speedshop.   Original frame with matching numbers.  Welded on hard tail section.  Fury front end.  Gary Littlejohn tank.  Revera PC-1000 clutch.  Rocker shift.  I think the wheels are Hallcraft, though the rear may be an Invader, but not sure.  Custom oil bag, seat and bars.  Just needs paint - or not.  This is the most comfortable bike I have ever owned.  It runs and great and is fast for a shovel. Love it to death and hate to sell it.  Please hit me up with any serious inquiries at robertromanus@gmail.com

Sputhe Cam Cover

Bud is selling a Dyna style ignition and a Sputhe Cam cover. Email him directly@ transitionssk8@hotmail.com

Recent Scores

Win a VooDoo Vintage MK52 Weld on Hardtail

We'll pick the winner on Thanksgiving morning!

Shout out to Saddlemen saddle bags

This new to me bike came with a set of Saddlemen throw over bags that was missing one twist-lock closure. So I emailed the folks at Saddlemen.com about getting replacement hardware and they sent me what I needed for free, via priority mail even. And they threw in two toolbox stickers to boot. I love it when I can tell people about great customer service.