Nick's New Jersey Panhead

I was lucky enough to spend a few hours riding behind Nick on the last day of the Gypsy Run this year. I couldn't help but think to myself that this bike is really what a fine motorcycle should look like. Of course choppers are more creative and funky but a well-beaten, full-fendered panhead is the pinnacle of H-D design in my book. Knucks are neat and shovels have their appeal but man, this machine just looks right.

Owner/Location: Nick Toscano/ Jersey!

Engine, year and make, model, modifications: 1950 EL Panhead Hydraglide, Original cases, flywheels, Later O-ring heads, Engine Is "Squared" 3.5 Stroke, 3.5 Bore so i think Engine size is about 68" ,,, Carb-Super E, Andrews A Grind Cam, Electronic Ign, Belt Drive Primary, Original Trans,

Frame: Ted's Repop with a really shitty paint Job. Orignal Frame was just hacked to shit and covered in Bondo.

Fork: OEM Hydra-glide

Chassis mods: Nothing Hacked or Cut, wanted the original Hydra-glide Look.

Tire/wheel size and style: 16" starhubs, Shinko Tires.

Favorite thing about this bike: I bought the left Side Tank with the original Emblem about 3 years ago for $50 in some guys basement who basically tought it was scrap... then just hoped one day to build a bike around it... Then I got a sweet deal this year on a Chopped Pan that didnt run in years and was needing some love which gave me the chance to build my dream bike... a 50's Harley Hydra-Glide. Scored the right side tank with the same paint at a local swap which matched the left, unfortunately not for $50. So yeah... I love the tanks!!!!

Next modification will be: Rear Luggage Rack, nothing major just get ready for cross country trip next year. Maybe try and get the brakes to work better.

Other mods, accessories, cool parts, etc: Throttle Sleeve from a Hummer to make it a Pull rather than Push so i can Run a Super E.

Thanks to: Walt at "KickStart Cycles", Chopcult, "Rosa's Cycle" for Rebuilding my Bottom end a week before the "Gypsy Run 6" and all those "Bastards" out there!!!

Editor's note: Nick swears he's riding this bike on the El Diablo Run in May 2013. I told him jokingly that it would be cool to paint one of the fenders green so the bike looked like a Mexican flag. Keep an eye out for this one, he swears he's gonna do it.

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 06:46 am

Neat bike...

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 07:14 am

hells yeah! hopefully seeing this cheers him up, he got hit pretty hard in the storm earlier this week. Nick always has the coolest bikes- he lives the life everyone dreams of, im not jealous but damn straight I'm envious!! stay safe down there buddy

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 12:00 pm

Love everything except the Rat Finks :-)

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 12:02 pm

I had the pleasure of camping next to Nick at Narrowsburg.....the last camping spot on the Gypsy Run. Good dude with a great bike.

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 12:15 pm

"Nick swears he's riding this bike on the El Diablo Run in May 2013. I told him jokingly that it would be cool to paint one of the fenders green so the bike looked like a Mexican flag."

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 02:10 pm

Yeah, I do love this style bike. Always love seeing guys cruising down the highway on them. Usually they are old greybeards just rocking along.

Pretty sweet how he tracked down the gas tank pieces with matching paint even!

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 03:28 pm

Thanks Bill!!!
We shall see about EDR
Sandy just took a massive piss on the pan and my home!!!

Commented on 11-1-2012 At 04:42 pm

Love everything including the Rat Finks!

Commented on 11-2-2012 At 04:57 am

^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 11:06 am

Shit Ya! nice bike ! love the tank story ! i got 4 waiting for builds ! Dean @ anvil machine blog

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 11:40 am

Once again Kev Moore shows why he's got that advanced degree...

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 11:41 am

" would be cool to paint one of the fenders green so the bike looked like a Mexican flag."

This will ensure Nick is either harassed to no end by the Mexican police, or treated as a rolling ambassador. I'm banking on the latter."

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 11:42 am

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 02:22 pm

Nick, you are a rad dude and this bike is absolutely great. It was great taking the time back at Kickstart to look over all the details. Hang in there through the aftermath of the storm.

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 07:37 pm

"Knucks are neat and shovels have their appeal but man, this machine just looks right."

This bike shows just how hard it is to actually improve on the original ;-)
But I'd say the same thing's true of the Knucks..

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 07:45 pm

...As long as Pans&Knucks don't have huge hard bags & windshields
on them

Commented on 11-4-2012 At 12:50 pm

It's about time you got a chop Cult feature buddy. I know it's gotta be bitter sweet with the way Sandy fucked everything up. You deserve the recognition brother. Can't wait for EDR!!!!!

Commented on 11-4-2012 At 12:50 pm

Commented on 11-4-2012 At 12:50 pm

Commented on 11-4-2012 At 05:16 pm

this bike is cooler than any chop around.... maybe one day i can get my greasy paws on a gem like this

Commented on 11-10-2012 At 07:15 pm

Your bikes always rule, nice going Nick!