Lock Baker's Insane Evo

t's always refreshing to see Lock's work because you know it will be well-made, interesting and totally unlike anything you expected. Enter his latest creation, a hand-fabbed, big-engined creation that is guaranteed to freak out more than just the squares.

Owner/Location: You! Branford CT, E-Fab headquarters

Bike name: Daddy go Hard

Engine, year and make, model, modifications: S and S 96" evo. Head work, compression, cams and dyno testing done at Sterling Performance. Super E, Efab stainless exhaust

Frame: E-fab/Santee

Fork: Spartan Frameworks

Tire/wheel size and style: 21" spool and 18"/180

Favorite thing about this bike: Kickstand on right side

Next modification will be: None- it's finished

Other mods, accessories, cool parts, etc: Efab oil tank, gas tank, fender, foot controls, motor mounts, linkages, jockey shift, bars, kickstand, tailight. Heyltje Rose seat, Bandit Machine Works primary, 5-speed trans, electric start, Tokico brake and master, Bill Connelly paint. More pics at www.easternfabrications.com  www.lockthewelder.com

Thanks to: Bill, Mark, Bruno

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 11:59 am

I don't know I feel about the tank, but I looooove that exhaust.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 12:08 pm

thats definatly interesting,

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 12:43 pm

Completely badass.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 01:36 pm

that thing is insane...in a good way

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 01:51 pm

Tank, not so much, but the rest of the bike is awesome. I love the front end and exhaust.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 02:45 pm

Crazy man..... Crazy

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 03:17 pm

That shit cray! Rocks as a total work but single out some of the parts and I'm not down.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 03:28 pm

Lock is one of the best fabricators I know. He builds to his own ambitions and really doesn't care less about the status quo, which is pretty over played as it is. Consider it art that hauls ass 'cause he rides his creations.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 03:45 pm

I'm in love with those pipes and the oil tank! That rear section is crazy, you can tell this man is an artist! Whether you like it or not, it's going to get your attention, so that's cool!

Congrats on the beautiful fab-work, I like that you paid some attention to the inner-workings of the engine too, not just the look.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 04:15 pm

Locks a real cool cat, sent him an email a long time ago and he'll shoot the shit with you for a while. Great bikes come out of his shop.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 04:44 pm

love the oil tank and pedals. just can't get next to the fuel tank but it's amazing work nonetheless.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 05:09 pm

First look, I thought Billy Lane. Had to read the article to know it was a Lock scoot. Lock does some nice work!

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 05:11 pm

I love it. It is different and exciting. This bike is is not a styling exercise from the motor company to see what the public will buy in the upcoming model years. This bike is pure art in a motorized medium. I love it! I cant say it enough! Tim

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 05:24 pm

i wonder how many hrs went in to some of those great features. killer

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 05:41 pm

i would have named it quasimoto go hard. reminds me of a hunch back.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 06:12 pm

That's a lot of very meticulous work, in those photos. However you feel about it, it certainly stands out.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 06:45 pm

I never like the look of Lock's gas tanks, but they are def original! No doubt this guy is an amazing artist and fabricator; I just can't dig everything that he does, which is, of course, totally fine!

Dig some of the details like that awesome exhaust though!

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 07:48 pm

Because something can be done does not mean that it should be done.
That gas tank is a case in point, I think.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 07:58 pm

the gas tank looks like one of those birds with the big fuckin horn on its beak

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 08:13 pm

Not my thing but beautifully done...

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 08:28 pm

The fab work is beautiful but that tank looks awful. Cheers for doing his own thing but I just do not like that tank.

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 09:19 pm

Bitchin' front end & rear fender! Just not feelin' that tank. Different strokes for different folks!!

Commented on 5-4-2012 At 10:19 pm

I can appreciate the work that went into it. Otherwise, not feeling that tank too much. Interesting though. Like someone once said, if he was building to everyone else's expectation, it would just be frisco this, skinny that. Props.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 01:29 am

The level of detail on this thing makes me want to go into the garage and set my project bike on fire.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 03:50 am

Ummm....no.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 03:51 am

Ummm....no.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 03:58 am

huh.....hmmmm.....huh....

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 05:53 am

Old Easyriders are filled with these kinds of creations from the madness of the mind. It's easy to sit back and let evolution dictate those designs that persist.

The fabrication skills are unquestionable. The SS light, meh.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 07:24 am

The upswept line on the tank reminds me of strange birds in the Galapagos
or somewhere like that where the normal rules of evolution don't seem to apply.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 09:12 am

i had to reply to a few comments about this bike.having seen this bike in person and sat on it, i can tell you its comfortable. the foot controls are in a normal location for forwards and the tank isn't nearly as high as your thinking. it wouldn't come anywhere near blocking your vision unless you are very short, 5'5" or so. That being said , to each his own tastewise but it is very rideable.
the tank has some spectacular wings ghosted on it, so maybe the inspiration was a bird of some sort.
i also don't see the billy lane reference. lanes bikes have too much stuff stuck on them everywhere, peterbuilt emblems, JD bottles, etc. lane is not even the best bike builder in his own family. check out warren lane.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 02:03 pm

hate it. i can build a gas tank to looks like a penis. and it would be different. and would probably take a lot of time. but it would still be stupid. the rest of the bike isnt so bad but that gas tank kills the whole bike for me. and the controls? wolverine????

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 05:02 pm

lock's bikes are rolling art. some aspects of the bike are not what i would want, but they are still amazing to look at. more eastfab features please.

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 05:14 pm

lock slept on my couch last night. he is the coolest

Commented on 5-5-2012 At 07:40 pm

Oooooohhh! Spartan Chief-style girder. Love, love, love them. Looks like the springs could use some adjusting as the links should be parallel to the ground with the rider on-board. The links are already canted back (meaning the springs are compressed) with no one on the bike. The forks are in danger of bottoming out on a big ba-bump.

Commented on 5-6-2012 At 03:44 am

shit-can the tin and pipes and it's fixable......kids, this IS your brain on drugs...

Commented on 5-6-2012 At 04:46 am

the bikes are beautiful... the tanks are fukn ugly as sin.... but that is his thang. Get people talking. I get it.... I don't see the giganto weirdo tank trend catching on, but if it does.... Lock has credit for being there first.

Regardless of the weird shaped tanks he makes.... the rest of the work is amazing!

Commented on 5-6-2012 At 05:02 am

nuthin' like pre-heatin' the fuel in your carb with exhaust heat....ever heard of vapor-lock??? maybe I'm just a dumbass..............

Commented on 5-6-2012 At 05:09 am

love the pipes

Commented on 5-6-2012 At 10:37 pm

Thank you for thinking outside the box!

Commented on 5-6-2012 At 10:38 pm

Thank you for thinking outside the box!

Commented on 5-7-2012 At 03:23 am

I like the rear fender seat combo. Nice shape.

Commented on 5-8-2012 At 01:06 am

The Billy Lane reference is spot on. In fact Lock is interviewed in sturgis saying he built that bike with Billy Lane as inspiration. The oil tank is a direct nod at one of Billys (sneaky Pete i believe). I think the bike is nicely built but as alot of others the tank is somewhat out of place. But thats his style. Remember the Speed Fetus?

Commented on 5-8-2012 At 01:08 am

To add something. If you go to youtube and type lock baker the first video from the amd world championship of custom bike building show is the video i had in mind.

Commented on 5-17-2012 At 08:54 pm

So much talent, not so much on the taste. mad skills though...

Commented on 5-17-2012 At 10:09 pm

fugly tank, the rest is cool.... prolly burn my ass using a right side stand though

Commented on 5-21-2012 At 04:21 am

I try not to knock other peoples bikes, to each their own; but I really don't like this bike. That tank is painful to look at.

Commented on 5-21-2012 At 06:35 pm

The bike looks bitchen IF not for the tank. A far better build than I could ever do , but looking at the tank reminds me of something you use in a hospital bed when you gotta take a leak. Other than that bitchin build man.

Commented on 11-3-2012 At 11:19 pm